Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dizcodancer

Scents similar to/complimentary to Cocoa Butter lotion

Hey BPAL'ers! Ok, I've tried several varying searches throughout the boards, and still haven't come up with anything of great use. I know there is a lengthy discussion about "cocoa" scents, but I'm looking specifically for a BPAL that either smells like cocoa butter, or compliments it very well.

I love cocoa butter lotion - It's really so wonderful on my skin - but it definitely has a distinct smell, and doesn't always play nicely with my favorite BPAL scents, such as Bayou (Bayou + Cocoa Butter...now that's an odd combination, lol). I'd love to find a BPAL I can wear in compliment to my beloved lotion.

I've tried about 2 dozen BPALs, of all varieties. I had a list of my reports on each, but accidentally deleted it. Now I'm working from memory. I've tried Dana O'Shee - which I truly thought I would love - and I did like it, but it seemed very weak on me. As if my skin just ate all of the scent up. I'd like a little more spice in my BPAL! I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Gap's OM (does anyone remember that fragrance? Gosh is was amazing).

Help!! And thanks for your suggestions in advance :)

Edited by Dizcodancer

Bliss? Boomslang? I bet Boomslang would be AHMAYZING with cocoa butter.

I wear cocoa butter lotion too.

I think what you need to be looking for is "creamy" type of smells. Vanilla-ish, Caramel-ish etc. Of course there are so many complex notes in BPAL...that isn't really a hard and fast rule. Any of them could work :) you just have to play around with it.

Vixen and cocoa butter seem to be friends on me, as well as Dragons Milk. "O" not so much.

My husband also uses cocoa butter he he wears Perversion and sometimes Tombstone...both of those seem to work.

Today I am wearing snake oil aged about 11 months and it just smells divine. I am also wearing cocoa butter today and I'm not noticing anything off about the combination.

I don't know what black pearl smells like, I have an imp coming, but I would think cocoa butter and black pearl may go well together.

Obatala (coconut, shea, milk) does go well with cocoa butter (at least on me). I think that Velvet or Centzon Totochtin would also go very well. If you like wine notes (and are ok with chocolate), I might suggest trying Centzon Totochtin first.

I would also recommend Ochosi, which includes shea, forest herbs, and sprucewood. To my nose, the shea is the strongest note, with some light amorphous forest-y smells hiding behind it. I love it for the spring and summer, really pretty and understated and outdoorsy.

Summer lace. I amp the caramelized tobacco note, and it does wonderful things with the smell of cocoa butter lotion!