Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lookingglass

The Other Miss Forcible

...are distorted versions of their "real" perfumes: sticky sweet, cobwebby, and grotesque.

I LOVE this scent! It is actually more like how I expected Miss Forcible herself would smell, based on the musk emphasis in her description, and a big dash of my own wishful thinking. Comparitively, though, The Other Miss Forcible is more complex, sexed up, disturbing, and Other, of course, and I anticipate wearing it much more often.

I smell more musk here than in the former Miss Forcible, perhaps black: slightly masculine, light, yet with a scalpy creaminess. While it could be considered more sweet, as musks can be, and does have a burt sugar quality, it's less foody; the cookie/buttery note is less prominent, and the dustiness reads like incense. It reminds me of La Befana without the violet, (add dried anise stars), quite a bit, and feels like a similar geige-violet color. The play of soft, sweet, and dark, combines into a very wearable oriental. Even fresh on the skin, it smells like a lingering favorite scent on a scarf or sweater. It's familiar, and fits into my BPAL wardrobe comfortably. I can see myself reaching for this when I want something like Dance of Death, but slightly more playful and modern.

Ooh....this is a nice one!!

Wet in decant: A sort of nice spicy/floraly scent. Not in a bad way...I am not a floral fan, but this smells good!!

On: No floral at all (whew) but is a dusty kind of spiciness....not overbearing in any way. Like what a sweet, old ladies purse might smell like! :)

Drydown: Gets a little dustier....cobwebbier....with still a barely there bit of sweet spice.

Not a lot of throw, on me....I don't know what the original smells like, but this is nice. Not sure if it's for me, but for you if you like dusty/spice type scents!

First impression: whoa, this is SWEET. It's very syrupy, with something that reminds me of either honey or caramel.

As it dries down, it's turning into a sort of musky, spicy powder. There MIGHT be some vanilla in there, but I can't tell for sure.

I wasn't sure about the initial blast of SWEETNESS, but I'm actually really digging the drydown. :) Gonna hang onto this one.

eta: Okay, the throw and longevity on this is in. sane. It's become a lot more peppery, too. It brings to mind a STYLISH SWANKIN' OLD WOMAN, which I suppose is the point. :lol:

Edited by vthesiren

Wow this is so awesome!!!!!

I thought I loved Miss Forcible, but her other is amazing. So rich, and I love that dusty thing. One bottle please!

this lasts forever on me, and it has throw, but the scent is so round I don't have to worry about offending people with it. It just smells great.

Uhm. 10 bottles, please.

me and the husband are in love with this one! We need like 5 bottles each. Its sweet, musky, a little foody without being too powdery or bready, not too much spice. I'm calling it "The Other Snake Oil" instead.

Edited by SophieCedar

Received an imp in the decantapalooza. Disclaimer that I never tried the original Miss Forcible so I'm not sure how the "others" differ. I do like musk ...

But, sadly, I am definitely in the minority on this one.

IN THE IMP: Not getting sweet or musky or anything good. Smell's like an old lady's house, very salty and stuffy and musty instead of musky.

Dabbed cautiously on one wrist.

WET: No. Just ... no. Exactly how it smelled in the bottle but stronger. Salty, stuffy. Old lady's closet that hasn't been aired out in 10 years. To my nose, on my skin, the polar opposite of "sticky sweet."

DRYDOWN: Still old lady. No other way for me to describe it. It makes my nose wrinkle.

OVERALL: Sad face. Into the swap pile for someone who will love it.

On a scale of 1-5, my rare 1.

In the decant: Sickly sweet, like a caramel-coated sticky bun.

Wet: Same, but it seems like it is even sweeter now! It definitely smells 'sticky.'

Drydown: It stays in that sickly sweet sticky bun phase for a while. It's strong. In fact, it never stops being in-your-face sticky bun on me, but there is a musty quality to it that makes me think of sticky buns in an old lady's house. I definitely get the 'cobwebby' note in this one.

Verdict: This is just... not for me. I won't keep the decant.

Sweet, sticky black musk and cinnamon.

It's darker, more sinister, more complex than the regular Miss Forcible.

Oddly enough, the image that popped in my head was "spider woman".

This has that god awful burnt sugar not as "The Other Miss Spink". This is sweet and nutty, like someone is roasting nuts with brown sugar. Maybe the foody lovers will like this, but I certainly don't.

Once again reminds me of the candies In a old ladies purse, however, drenched with cough syrup and the leftover candies in the bowl which no one wants. I get a bit of smoke in this as well.

i go back and forth on whether i like this or not. i don't dislike it, but i think i've finally decided that i don't need it...

i don't know what burning a vanilla bean would actually smell like, but whenever i put this on, that's what my brain tells me i'm smelling - plumes of smoke from a burning vanilla bean. Vanilla Bean Bonfire.

and something about it reminds me of GothCon ... but i can't figure out what! some kind of scent memory, 'cuz every time i sniff this i start thinking about that weekend, and some of the folks i met then, and haven't talked to since.

Miss Forcible with a smoky intensity. It smells like burnt sugar to me, or burnt marshmallows, edges black and charred. Oddly appealing, but a little disturbing.

Also, if you rode the Aliens ride at Universal in the 90s, there's a bit of that quality to the smokiness, the same quality in that smoke. This sounds bizarre and not even pleasant, but this is an unconventially pleasing scent.

Truly creepy. The throw is overwhelmingly syrupy sweetness, but when I move my nose closer to my wrist, I get a sickly, musty smell. The syrup drains away on the drydown, leaving this dusty, sinister musk behind. I can't shake the feeling that it shares a basenote with Dracul... whatever it is, it lasts a very long time.

A brilliant imbalance of nice smells that, in this combination, smell scary and wrong. Well done, Beth!

Unfortunately the Other Miss Forcible doesn't seem to work on me, unlike the regular MF which is delightful. There must be a different musk in here- the scent goes plasicky and bitter when it dries, which happens to me with some musks.

Before the unpleasant dry stage, this sells similar to MF, but with something that smells a little nutty, as opposed the the old candy smell in MF. It's also kind of dusty and oppressive smelling. It has an element that smells just like artificial fog. Very creepy and unusual!

I really enjoy the Miss Forcible scent. It's like vanilla-y, soft cosmetics powder and warm, womanly perfume smell mixed in with anise cookies and cinnamon spiced cookies. Warm, complex, and unusual, but pleasant. It's a gourmand fragrance with a twist, which I totally love, and The Other Miss Forcible is the same sort of idea, but with a darker, creamier, more sugared feel.

On my skin, The Other Miss Forcible smells like creme brulee (creamy, sugary, sweet) and maple custard, powdery black musk, a curl of sweet myrrh smoke, and hints of vanilla-ish cosmetic dusting powder with a slight whiff of snickerdoodles cookies. It's foodie, but with dark touches running through it. After an hour, it smells mostly like vanilla scented cosmetics powders, maple sugar and some sort of black sugar. I really like the dark sweetness, and I don't really own anything else that smells like this (except for, naturally, the edge that smells of the original Miss Forcible). I might like this more than Miss Forcible, but I do like them both.

I'm really glad that I finally took a chance on a bottle of this ^_^

I have Miss Forcible on my other arm for comparison.

Where Miss Forcible is a sweet skin musk on me (lovely) this is a down and dirty version of the same scent. Not sure if it's a hint of vetiver or maybe tobacco that has been added? But it's lovely. I am undecided if I want a bottle of Miss Forcible, but I am pretty positive I want one of The Other Miss Forcible. It's kinda sexy! I like it a lot.

I love TOMF! I got Miss Forcible first, & enjoy it a lot. I got my bottle of TOMF from the Lab when Antique Lace went live.

Like MF, on me TOMF is a sweet musk that stays close to the skin. No baked goods on me, although there is a definite maple vibe to the sweetness. The musk seems similar to the skin musk in Neutral.

Medium throw, good wear length. A new favorite!

Edited to add: backup bottle bought; I'm using TOMF up pretty quickly. Highly recommended for fans of sweetness (not very foody,) & musk.

Edited by Teamama

Dusty maple syrup. Nutty. Definitely cobwebby and grotesque. I didn't like what it was doing to the back of my throat so I had to wash it off. That always happens to me whenever I smell anything maple syrupy. :unsure:

Wet: The "cobwebby" note here is perfect. Very dusty. There's almost an astringent note here as well that I can't place. I'm testing this the same time I'm testing the "normal" Miss Forcible, and I'm getting just a hint of that same baked goods scent.

Dry: Whoa, this is much sweeter than the wet stage. Like an unflavored lollipop, if that makes sense. Just super sticky sweet hard candy.

There's some type of overall muskiness to the blend as well. There's some anise here, just like the normal Miss Forcible, but it's not as strong. The baked goods scent has totally faded.

While I enjoyed this more than plain 'ol Miss Forcible, neither one is bottle worthy for me.

In the bottle: SWEET. Lots of sweet. An over the top sweetness that I can't quite place, actually. Almost like candy corn or corn syrup. Sticky. and then underneath that... dusty, old-smelling musk.

Wet: Ooh, this morphs and it morphs QUICKLY. The moment it hits my skin it's ALL dust and strong musk, with an undercurrent of that sticky sweetness. I still can't get a read on what the sweet note IS, because whenever I try to breathe in... there's the dust again, completely obscuring it. I'm not really getting tea OR biscuits at all. It could possibly be the source of the sweetness, but.. it doesn't smell quite like that. It's mysterious. tongue.png

Dry: Once again, completely different! This dried down to a more pure musk, with a hint of dust. I'm finally FINALLY getting some tea! laugh.png maybe the weird sour note is supposed to be the biscuits? The sweetness takes a bit of a backseat now. It's still there, but... softer.

Either this needs to settle or something's going a bit weird on me due to the slight sourness. It smells kind of old-lady-ish, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Overall I'm new to collecting so I have no idea if this is going to get regular wear from me, but it's definitely interesting and true to the depiction of the character... so I'm glad I grabbed a bottle either way!

Ok.  I officially love both Forcible's, so I'magonna do a compare/contrast real quick. 

The real Miss Forcible is indeed, a lovely musk prominent blend on me, but there's a faintly foody undertone of delicate anise cookies like the one in Tag Upon Avon.  It's sugary, and becomes more prominent as it sits on my skin.  The musk element is nice and reminds me of the "porcelain musk" in Pediophobia and Mr. Croup.  It's  dry and light, different than "white musk", a little bit weightier, but in the same ball park.  I'm not really getting any vanilla.  Just sweetness.

Now... the Other Miss Forcible... Oh Wow!  She's lovely at first, and this is part of the genius of the fragrance.  I tried the original Miss Forcible first, a while back, and procured a bottle.  I'm only now trying the Other one, and upon initial sniff and application, I thought - Man.... I bought the wrong one.  This Other Miss Forcible is even more amazing.  She starts out fabulously buttery and sweet, but not so much as to overload this non-foody.   The musk is darker.  The anise is more prominent.  While the original has a prim feel, this one is smexy and delicious.  But then... THEN! 

Something smells.... not... quite... right.... 

The notes degenerate into cacophony.  There's a weird chemical undertone?  I think possibly the note the lab uses for it's "plastic" effect.  As a perfume it's not wholly unpleasant, but it's jarring and strange.  This phase lasts maybe ten minutes on me before the fragrance settles down and reassembles into a gentle spicy sweet scent with a touch of butter and vanilla.  The final phase is totally wearable and very different from the original Miss Forcible.  

Anywho... It's a really fun olfactory journey.  I might have to grab an "Other" at some point, but for now, I shall enjoy my bottle of the original, and lovely, Miss Forcible.  

As a side note - My best friend has two cats named Miss Forcible and Miss Spink, and I very much think they deserve their own scents, in case the lab ever wants to make an Other OTHER Miss Forcible and Miss Spink in their honor.

As an OTHER side note - Upon reading the reviews - There is a salty undertone in this, but I don't find it unpleasant.  Also, the "plastic" note the lab uses is definitely in this.  It's the one they used in Single Note: Polyester Spider Web, which makes total sense and is kind of hilarious.   🕷️:heart:🕷️ 

Edited by VetchVesper

This smells EXACTLY like the Roberson mansion in my hometown!

Sweet and sticky and warm in the bottle. On the skin the musk (black) comes forward and the stickiness goes away. Some sort of vanilla cookie, spices (nutmeg?), tea leaves, and... myrrh? There has to be some sort of resin or wood in here.

I would like 3 more bottles please.

This is such a hard scent to describe though I felt I should review it being that it’s one of my favorite bpals ever. 

I will preface by saying I am not huge on foody scents. Some gourmands I like (I love vanilla) but I’m not big on smelling like food in general.  

Somehow this is gourmand but I love it so. It’s balanced with a musk and dustiness that truly does seem “grotesque” in the best way possible. It’s sticky and sweet (like burnt/brown sugar) and there is a faint memory of spice somewhere underneath. Sometimes I am reminded of maple or maple leaves. 

I feel comforted as well as sexy when I wear this. I catch whiffs of myself and all I can think is wow, I smell sooo good. 

If you are a fan of sweet+musk or dark gourmands, I recommend giving this a go. 

Edited by ziggystardust13