Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mand

Chocolate and Cocoa, in every combination possible

On 8/2/2019 at 1:34 PM, white_jenna63 said:

I'm hoping this may be a place to find answers. :) I did the Goblin Grab Bag and my mystery imp is the most viscous brown oil I've ever seen, even after rolling. In the imp it's Bliss but on the skin it's a darker chocolate with a slight floral/powder note. Any ideas what it might be?

Tlazolteotl presents probably even darker a scent than what you have, from my experience of the GC: Excolo blend, but the floral/chocolate combination you describe reminded me of its notes:

chapapote and black copal with cacao, black honey, maize, and cotton blossoms.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, white_jenna63 said:

I'm hoping this may be a place to find answers. :) I did the Goblin Grab Bag and my mystery imp is the most viscous brown oil I've ever seen, even after rolling. In the imp it's Bliss but on the skin it's a darker chocolate with a slight floral/powder note. Any ideas what it might be?

Any chance it's Boomslang?  That oil was very thick in the vial, and the powdery thing could be rice milk.  Another option could be the The Other Hot Chocolate, which smells a lot like Bliss to me, but better and I get sort of a tiny bit of rose?  I don't know if the grab bags can include stuff not on the GC list though.  

If it has to be GC, it could be Centzon Tototchtin, which is very chocolaty/foodie and dark colored.  It smells like chocovine to me. :P   Tezcatlipoca or the aforementioned Tlazolteotl are both very dark oils and have that chocolate note, but I don't find them foody and I think the chocolate leans more bitter than Bliss.  They've got a lot of other stuff going on in them.  Kali might also be an option, which has florals and chocolate.  I remember it being sweet, but not super foodie.   I can't remember the color of the oil though.  

So I had my daughter sniff & she said men's axe body spray & chocolate 😂 ...maybe Intrigue sultry, exotic scent that inspires devious plotting and clandestine affairs. It is a scent painted in artifice, veiled in deceit, and slithering with whispered secrets. Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

On 8/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, white_jenna63 said:

I'm not sure what the possibilities are, but that really sounds like how I experience Candy Butcher. It's dark chocolate, and I know there's no floral note listed but the drydown is very floral to me. Kind of a pink floral with chocolate, a little powdery.

On 8/2/2019 at 12:34 PM, white_jenna63 said:

Could it be a 13?

2 hours ago, Shante You Stay said:

So I had my daughter sniff & she said men's axe body spray & chocolate 😂 ...maybe Intrigue sultry, exotic scent that inspires devious plotting and clandestine affairs. It is a scent painted in artifice, veiled in deceit, and slithering with whispered secrets. Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

What scent is this? Looks interesting!

On 8/2/2019 at 1:34 PM, white_jenna63 said:

Could it be an extremely aged Cerberus?

Cerberus, Lab description: "Cerberus, the Three-Headed watchdog that guards the gate to Hades. Loyal, dutiful and ferocious to its master’s enemies, but possessed of a distracting fondness for honey cakes and the song of the lyre. A deep, rumbling scent, warm, soft and as cozy as a dog by a hearthfire, but with a fierce and feral soul: deep chocolate, deeper musks, with a dash of fig, bittersweet walnut, and the wild essences of juniper berry, cubeb and rum."

Black musk comes off as slightly floral and powdery to me.  I definitely get deep chocolate with this cuddly puppy and I could definitely see this rare being a grab bag imp. It's age and the chocolate would make it very thick!

Edited by sprout

Thanks everybody! :) The other person on FB who got the same imp isn't getting Boomslang from it. I could see Candy Butcher, although it's been so long since I've tried it. Or maybe a 13....

Just chiming in on this for fun ... YOOGE fan of the BPAL chocolate scents. They're magical! I adore both Velvet and Gelt, though I will add that my VERY aged Velvet smelled quite different than a more-recently purchased bottle, so I'm fortunate that I can wear the aged oil while allowing the newer one to age in its place. Gelt, to me, ALWAYS smells good.

But that said, my favorite (unsung) chocolate/cocoa scent is without a doubt Tezcatlipoca which is like it was made for me. Funny thing is I might not have purchased it to try "later" in my BPAL days since I would have probably avoided it due to the leather note, which tends to really amp on me and not in a good way ... however, with this scent, it's subtle and what I get is deep gorgeous cocoa, patchouli and incense and it's glorious. 

It's NOT the oil in question here, though, because even aged it's a light gold ...

I'm also thinking maybe Boomslang FWIW.