Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mand

Chocolate and Cocoa, in every combination possible

I really dig Tezcatlipoca and if you can find it, Ghoul Hooligan (one of my FAVES EVER). Ein Kuss Von Krampus is a nice sweetly spiced scent on me and Velvet is awesome too.

Is there a chocolate and red musk scent I am missing out on? Those are two of myf ave BPAL notes.

If you like blood musk...I would recommend The Tell-Tale Heart. Blood Musk and Cocoa :yum:

Tell-Tale Heart: This is a swollen, pulsating, thudding scent, heavy with dread; a steady, unceasing, throbbing harbinger of retribution and doom: blood musk, cocoa, black pepper, allspice, dragon's blood resin and vetiver.

If you like blood musk...I would recommend The Tell-Tale Heart. Blood Musk and Cocoa :yum:

Tell-Tale Heart: This is a swollen, pulsating, thudding scent, heavy with dread; a steady, unceasing, throbbing harbinger of retribution and doom: blood musk, cocoa, black pepper, allspice, dragon's blood resin and vetiver.

Oh, I need to try this one!! This sounds perfect :D Thanks!

I belong to this thread, I just love chocolate.

I can't wait for my first Bpal to arrive and try some of the chocolate sends :joy:

Okay BPALers, I'm all about chocolate/cocoa and mint right now. This seems to be the only context where I can wear mint (it usually dominates all the other notes) so I want to find every single blend out there that contains chocolate/cocoa and mint.

So far I've found:

- Schrodinger's Cat

- How Doth the Little Crocodile

- WILF

- Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp (I smell choc in here even though it's not listed!)

- Dark Chocolate, Lime and Chocolate Mint

Am I missing anything else?

Chocolate notes hate my skin, but The Spanish Dance was almost wearable on me. It was a tart, bittersweet chocolate with just a little sweetness from the orange blossom and a bit of juiciness from the pomegranate. I think it would be a big hit for anyone who can wear chocolate!

Okay BPALers, I'm all about chocolate/cocoa and mint right now. This seems to be the only context where I can wear mint (it usually dominates all the other notes) so I want to find every single blend out there that contains chocolate/cocoa and mint.

So far I've found:

- Schrodinger's Cat

- How Doth the Little Crocodile

- WILF

- Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp (I smell choc in here even though it's not listed!)

- Dark Chocolate, Lime and Chocolate Mint

Am I missing anything else?

FWIW, Spooky smells like chocolate peppermint to me, despite having no chocolate note. It might be the butter rum my nose is getting confused.

I really dig Tezcatlipoca and if you can find it, Ghoul Hooligan (one of my FAVES EVER). Ein Kuss Von Krampus is a nice sweetly spiced scent on me and Velvet is awesome too.

Is there a chocolate and red musk scent I am missing out on? Those are two of myf ave BPAL notes.

Yeah...going to have to try and find it. XD

Mad Hatter is a dead ringer for York Peppermint Patties on me, but the reviews show this scent varies wildly depending on skin chemistry.

I have been doing some chocolate research and narrowed it down to 3 I want....

Bliss

O

Gluttony

My question is which one has the best throw and longest/strongest lasting power? HELP! :wub3:

I have been doing some chocolate research and narrowed it down to 3 I want....

Bliss

O

Gluttony

My question is which one has the best throw and longest/strongest lasting power? HELP! :wub3:

I haven't tried Bliss or Gluttony, but O has a very strong throw (for me, comparable to Snake Oil) and is one of the longest lasting scents I've tried. I don't smell any chocolate in O, however.

Your right. I see O doesn't have chocolate notes, wonder where I came up with that. But it sounds amazing and delicious. Does O have a honey scent? I have so many vanillas trying to find other sweet foodie scents too...

But does anyone know the answer between Bliss and Gluttony?

Your right. I see O doesn't have chocolate notes, wonder where I came up with that. But it sounds amazing and delicious. Does O have a honey scent? I have so many vanillas trying to find other sweet foodie scents too...

Oh, definitely. O is super-strong, sticky honey and amber. As it dries, the amber comes out more. Someone described it as "sex in a beehive", and that's pretty much what it is. Don't worry, this is so full of honey that I'm unable to detect any of the vanilla.

But does anyone know the answer between Bliss and Gluttony?

Not sure if this will help.. but for me:

O - sickly, powdery, cloying honey. Too much honey for me. And something almond-ish, I dunno.. just ick on my skin. Nothing chocolate-y about this one, on me.

Bliss - chocolate, chocolate.. and chocolate. On me, it's a dry and kinda powdery chocolate - rather than a rich, milky chocolate.. but it's definitely chocolate.

Gluttony - this was more caramel gooey than chocolate on me. Very rich and syrupy, sweet and a little bit something almost-boozy - like those liquer-filled chocolates.

Oh - but did you realise Gluttony is actually discontinued? So that might help you narrow down your choice, since you'll probably find that Gluttony is hard to get hold of :smile:

sunshinedaisybliss -- your awesome always coming to my rescue, lol. :wub:

Well then Bliss it is when it comes to chocolate. But I may get O too because it sounds very good as well.

But I'm still in search of chocolate! Bliss or Gluttony... :lol:

Bliss is awesome! I wore it quite a bit this past summer. Can you say chocolate brownies? Also, if you can get a decant of Dark Chocolate, Lime, & Chocolate Mint, do! It's wonderful & zingy. Really nice in the heat. :wub:

Schrodinger's Cat didn't have any notable chocolaty qualities on me - in combination with the other ingredients and my body chemistry, it was more of a fresh, citrusy-sweet sort of scent, like a really refreshing summer fruity cocktail without the booziness. (But not overpoweringly minty, either, if that's what you're primarily worried about.) How Doth The Little Crocodile has more of an obvious chocolate-mint effect, with some dusty woodiness from the oakmoss and cedar.

I like mint at winter but my bf doesn't like it much so I stay away from it. I think Bliss will be best. I put in an ISO topic but if no one bites I'll just break down and order it from BPAL I just can't take the long TAT, maybe a GC order will be faster.

And if I ever come across some Gluttony I'll def swipe it up too.

EDIT: Ordered Bliss today!! :wub2:

Edited by Vanilla323

Back to this chocolately goodness thread...but this time I am looking for a scent that is Chocolate Chip Cookies. All that chocolate, sugar and bakery goodness. Wasn't sure if I should post this in baked goods but I think that Chocolate is the main note I want so thats why its here...

(I do have Bliss already so other recs with chocoalte and vanilla would be awesome. ;) )

Back to this chocolately goodness thread...but this time I am looking for a scent that is Chocolate Chip Cookies. All that chocolate, sugar and bakery goodness. Wasn't sure if I should post this in baked goods but I think that Chocolate is the main note I want so thats why its here...

(I do have Bliss already so other recs with chocoalte and vanilla would be awesome. ;) )

Boomslang sprang :lol: immediately to mind for chocolate and vanilla together....

Edited by neptuneanblues

Boomslang sprang :lol: immediately to mind for chocolate and vanilla together....

Boomslang has been on my wishlist forever but don't think I'll ever find a bottle (I love bottles more then imps). It's definately one I want. Is there any other scents that may be easier to find?

If you want to make Chocolate Chip Cookies with GCs, I'd suggest layering. Maybe Bliss + Dana O'Shee for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with a hint of almond extract, or Bliss with one of the vanilla + amber blends if your skin chemistry makes the amber go toasty rather than powdery. (I'd suggest O, or aged Mouse's Long and Sad Tale if you don't amp sweet pea.)

If you want to try something chocolate-y, this hasn't been released yet, but a $35 pledge here looks like it will get you something interesting.

If you want to make Chocolate Chip Cookies with GCs, I'd suggest layering. Maybe Bliss + Dana O'Shee for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with a hint of almond extract, or Bliss with one of the vanilla + amber blends if your skin chemistry makes the amber go toasty rather than powdery. (I'd suggest O, or aged Mouse's Long and Sad Tale if you don't amp sweet pea.)

I may have to try mixing. Never have. I don't have Dana O'Shee but I have other bakery type scents I could mix with Bliss.

If you want to try something chocolate-y, this hasn't been released yet, but a $35 pledge here looks like it will get you something interesting.

That does sounds very intriging... cocoa, plum, and wood. hmmmmm...

My chocolate obsession lately is The Malignant Dreams of Cthulhu in Love! I LOVE the smell of it! Is there any other scents like it? :wub2:

I feel like I'm talking to myself a little...lol. :lol: I'm sure you all know the BOX OF CHOCOLATES came out on Valentine's Day hope there is something new and exciting in that for my chocolate obsession. Can't wait to hear reviews on those. I got the Milk Chocolate and the White Chocolate ones... :wub2:

Edited by Vanilla323