Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mand

Chocolate and Cocoa, in every combination possible

I don't get any fruit at all in Vice, it's just all rich, sweet, sticky chocolate to me. Layering that with the strawberry single note would be absolutely delicious!

I love layering Vice or Bliss with anything heavily rose-based: Pride works well, as did Old London. I've never tried rose scented chocolate but somehow that combination works well on me :P

Hi. I recently used a combination of Lush products that achieved an incredible spicy, smoked honey, chocolate rose scent. Very good for a romantic evening, let me tell you. I know, it sounds overpowering, but it wasn't. So, I was wondering if there was one BPAL oil that combines these scents and if not, perhaps there may be two, that when combined, would create something akin to this. Thanks in advance!

Sounds delicious, orangepoppy! I think the only BPAL oil that has all these notes is Kali, which I havn't tried but am expecting in my next order.

Out of interest, which Lush products did you use?

Oh! Thanks, fallowdeer (love that name!) -- I didn't realize Kali had rose in it.

Here's my post from the LUSH forum as to what I used to create this heavenly bath (quite by accident, too!):

(apologies for the discontinued nature of the following bath, but it was so fabulous, I felt compelled to share! Plus, it drove the hubby wild!)

~Spiced Chocolate Honey Rose~

1. Turn the taps on full blast and squirt in a generous helping of B Never gel and a little squirt of Skinny Dip.

2. Insert self into tub. Drop in a 13 Rabbit and rub all over your body until it's dissolved completely. wee! Lay back and soak awhile.

3. Wash hair with B Never and dunk to rinse most of it out. Proceed to wash body with Skinny Dip.

4. Run some fresh water and rinse hair and body. Towel off and powder yourself with Dust to Dust powder.

Absolutely Divine~~~~

Bliss or Gluttony with Jezebel! Got it! Thanks, andrabell!

Oh! fallowdeer, you have all those ingredients! Let me know what you think of it. I won't be able to recreate that bath until I get my 13 Rabbit shower gel!

Fulltiltredhead, so.....how is it?

*taptaptap* (lol!)

I just read the description (again) for Kali. I can't believe I didn't notice the rose in the ingredients list the first time I read it.

Which is better, Bliss or Gluttony? I just read the reviews and they both sound wonderful!

I get an absolutely wonderful honey chocolate rose, that has all kinds of variations, by wearing Lush's Soft Coeur honey-scented massage bar on my pulse points with BPAL rose-scented oils. This is lovely and spicy with Othello, pure and simple with Old London, ultra creamy with Alice, sweet goodness with Eve...

I also layer the BPAL rose scents with a single note of Tonka bean or a single note of Honey, and with MMU honey-scented lotions. This is one of my favorite combos to play around with -- all of your suggestions sound luscious!

Fulltiltredhead, you've convinced me that I must try Seraglio in my next order. I like staying power!

fallowdeer, here's the story behind 13 Rabbit:

In 1939 Professor Peyton discovered El Tajin in southern mexico. He also discovered the exploits of 13 Rabbit, a ruler in the 1st century. His name, derived from the Mesoamerican calendar, is written with a rabbit surrounding two bars next to three dots. The Mayans were keen on spice and chocolate so we named this after him. All perfectly logical and not at all contrived! --LUSH Times/ NA Forum Cut List

You're right! Cryptic! Every now and then you'll see 13 Rabbit up for swaps.

When it gets cooler out, I'm going to try making some of that mexican hot chocolate and order a Soft Coeur!

Ms.MSgirl, of the 4 rose scents you mentioned, I've two on the way! (Old London and Eve) I'm so looking forward to them!

I have:

Bliss (mmmm, Bliss ...)

Velvet

Vice (which smells like cherry cough syrup on me, dammit)

Dia de los Muertos (and none of the chocolate shows up on me, curses!)

I also have the "Creamy chocolate" oil by DSH Perfumes (very nummy).

Any other suggestions?

-Jilli

Kali and Intrigue both dry to a lovely cocoa-intensive scent on me. Intrigue is cocoa and fig when it dries; Kali has a lot going on over the course of the scent, but on my skin, is mostly dark chocolate and red wine in the end.

You need to get Lush's Whipstick lipbalm. Honestly, it smells and tastes just like you've smeared pure milk chocolate sauce all over your lips.

*drool*

It may just be me but I get something "chocolate" from Mata Hari. Of course, I am a wimp and never drink coffee unless it's a mocha - so I may have some permanently wired association of the two in my brain that's making MH's coffee note inspire false chocolaty goodness in my nose.

Oh, by the way, MMU has the yummiest chocolate-orange lip balm. I haven't tried the Lush Whipstick yet - trying to decide whether to wait for all the Christmas goodies to hit the NA site so I can get free shipping, or just go ahead and order from the UK. But I am looking forward to comparing the $4.25 MMU (it's in stick form, has a very light but moisturizing feel to me) to the slightly more posh Lush stuff. mmmmmmmwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhh! (that's my version of a kissy sound)

on me, sybaris is very much like lush's skinny dip- the mix of violets and spiciness with tonka makes it creamy and i get a chocolate vibe in there-yum :P

This is going to sound strange, but try Alice if you haven't yet. It turns to something chocolatey after a few hours on me, although I'll admit I haven't tried any BPAL chocolate scents.

Try Intrigue, if you can't. It's an amazingly smooth, brown scent. It's not feminine, though, if that's what you like.

One of the new oblation scents, Cerberus, lists chocolate as a note. It might be worth checking out!

Edit: I thought I should also add Decadence to this list. While it might not qualify as a "chocolate scent" it definitely has chocolate in it. I compare it to Snake Oil with some holiday chocolates tossed in.

Edited by Neko

uhm. . . not bpal either. . . but both origins and bath and body works have delightful chocolate scrubs. . . and the scents last. body shop has one, but it smells more of orange to me.

and mmu milk cocolate scent is yummy.

and on top of these i add velvet. . . and i smell like chocolate all day long.

uhm. i just tried perversion for the first time tonight. . . and i'm getting a nice chocolatey smell after about 30 minutes. odd. very odd. but i reeeeeaaaaallly like it!!

In the "suggestions" section there's a thread on Aztec-inspired scents in which there are pleas for xocolatl in a scent. Gotta have it, Beth!

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, feelin' too lazy to look...but I discovered last night that to me...La Petit Mort is so much like a big sister to Kali with a VERY subduded chocolate note.

:P

Well, I'm a huge fan of Hellcat and think it's a chocolatey wonder-smell. Beautiful, exotic and VERY choice!! :P

As for non-BPAL "chocolate", my favorite is Godiva dark chocolate. Or any of their truffles. :D