Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gateau

Tiare! And lots of it!

Now that I've finally figured out how to use hair glosses effectively, I've been loading up on the Coconut, Vanilla & Tiare HG and just loving that tiare note. What are some BPALs that make good use of this note? I had Pumpkin Princess but swapped it away because pumpkin and I just don't do all that well together. Thanks, enablers!

(mods -- I searched for a similar topic and did not find one, but please feel free to move this if I messed up)

I like tiare as well! :) Here are some bpals that have it as a note:

The Harp of Cnoc I'Chosgair (Gilded amber, tiare, golden sandalwood, vanilla, cardamom, and tagetes.)

Marae (Vanilla orchid, Monoi tiare, gardenia, and light incense.)

Sugar Plum Fairy (sugar plums, vanilla-infused sugar, tiare, amber musk, apricot peel, and a light dusting of cacao.)

Enlightenment of the Courtesan Jigokudayu (Silken coconut, angelica, soft golden incense, tiare, carnation, and Asian pear.)

The Glittering Apple of the Stars (Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot.)

From these, I would recommend Marae, The Glittering Apple of the Stars and Englightment of the Courtesan Jigokudayu. For a nice tiare and coconut combo, you could maybe try layering Marae and Obatala.

You could also look into gardenia blends (since tiare is a type of gardenia), there are a lot of fantastic ones. I personally love Miss Ida, Swan Maiden, Gaoler's Daughter and Arsenic v2 (I get a very lovely tropical scent, on me it's mostly gardenia/tiare, ginger flower and soft coconut), and there's also Tissue, Sweet Life (I've been looking for this one for a while, the reviews say it's nearly gardenia SN). The tropical recommendation thread might have some other good ideas as well!

First off, I totally agree with cfrancesca! I love me some Tiare too and my fave is Marae. However, she is right that a lot of the gardenia scents are very similar to Tiare. I really like Tiki Princess with my CVT hair gloss, there is something very Tiare to me in that blend (some compare Tiki Princess to Enlightenment of the Courtesan Jigokudayu). I have a couple of blends with a heavy magnolia note that also come out smelling very Tiare (Josie from The District and Swan Maiden are particularly delish).

OH YOU EVIL PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MAKE ME HAVE TO HUNT DOWN LEs!!!!