Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Soothes anger, initiates reconciliation and forgiveness, and supplants rage with courage. You can use this oil to calm your spirit and help control and refocus a wide range of negative emotions (from irritation to rage), and it can also be used to dispel anger between friends and loved ones. Use on white pillar and / or figure candles in ritual, and for personal use, it can be worn on your forehead and heart chakra.

I've been using this for 2 days now.

The scent is lovely, very lemony and a bit of lavender.

The effect is much more subtle than I thought it would be. I've been wearing it on my chakras, and have noticed while it doesn't get rid of irritation and such completely, it definitely brings it down several notches to a much more manageable level, where I can realize I'm raging, and calm myself down and focus on other things.

I love this!

I ordered this to help with irritations, especially at work. It seems that some days I get irritated very easily, and I feel that it is affecting my attitude.... so I need Cooling!

I dotted it on my palms, with calming, soothing, non-irritated intention, and cup my hands to my face, breathing deeply. This is something that only takes a few seconds, and can be done at my station at work when I start feeling irritated - that's why I decided on this method, it just felt right.

Cooling smells delicious! Like lemondrops, the hard kind coated in sugar. Immediately I felt calmer and happier, the "raw edges" of my nerves felt smoothed over, and I could be myself again!

In emoticons.... - :frustrated: and :whack: and a little bit of 00000018.gif ....

add Cooling and ta da!

:smilenod: and :biggrin: and even a little of :luv2:

I think I need a gallon so that I will never run out. Thanks, Beth!!

Edited by ltrittipoe

Scent: I wasn't sure I liked the scent at first, mostly because of the coconut edge to an otherwise lemony scent. But after I put this on my skin the scent grows on me. The scent on my skin is very much like a lemon drop put into a scent form - a little sweet, but slightly tart because of the lemon. I also find the coconut note less noticeable on my skin than in the bottle.

Effectiveness: I've used it a couple of times now when I could feel irritation and agitated, distracted thoughts coming on and I did calm down with it on. I was able to subdue the irritation that was brewing and focus on other stuff once this was on my skin. It remains to be seen if it creates a noticeable effect when I use it when really angry, but I've been glad to find something that could subdue irritation.

Will I keep the bottle? Most likely, but I don't feel a pressing need to get more than one. I may look for a second bottle if I continue to have consistently good results when using Cooling to subdue mild agitation and find myself using it a lot.

Would I recommend Cooling? Yes.

Edited 9/1/14 to add: aged Cooling is heaven to smell on my skin - it smells very much like lemon drops and provides a nice lift to my mood. I splurged for a second bottle when I realized I was worried about running out and wasn't using it as much as I would if I had more.

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

I've used this a few times - I don't get mad very easily, but I do get annoyed often. I do tend to forget to use it, but when I have, it's been amazing. The coconut edge to the lemon is wonderful for me, and honestly, the only adjective I could use to describe this scent is pleasantly cold. It doesn't make my irritation magically vanish, but it does remind me not to focus on it. And usually, a few minutes later, my irritation has come down a few notches. Enough for me to feel like I can deal with it clearly, or move on to something else. I usually wear it on my heart, throat and forehead chakra.

Finally busted out the Cooling decant.

So, here's the context. I've been using White Light these past couple days to help shake off some of the negativity. I opted for Cooling today to help with some of the deeper pockets of negative emotions, in a sort of "after you clear off the little things, then you bring out the big guns to take a stab at the big things".

I find the scent pleasant in a tropical way - strong coconut and lemongrass, with a tinge of lavender. Oddly enough, it reminds me to the BBW blend Coconut Verbena.

I find that the energy reminds me to a much more assertive White Light.

Admittedly, Cooling is part of a multi-step process for me, since what I really wanted to wear was some Joy, but knew I wasn't emotionally ready to do it yet.

ETA: I have now used Cooling on days when I am simply irritated and/or woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I find that in general it helps contain some of those feelings, and over the course of the day help dissipate. For me its not an immediate effect, but it sort of helps soothe ruffled feathers.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Cooling works really well for me on those days when I'm PMSing and the littlest things are irritating the hell out of me. It actually cools my skin as well as my temper, and it smells lovely. I don't get angry a lot, but I am happy to have this on hand. I can also see myself using it on candles, when I want to cool an argument or angry feelings between others.