Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A Victorian bathing beauty: wisps of vanilla cream, caramelized tobacco absolute, white opium poppy, summer honeysuckle nectar, effervescent white mandarin, apple blossom, and green cognac.

This is SO beautiful! I loved it wet, and then my skin amped the sweetness of the vanilla to overpower the rest. I thought.... too sweet..... and now I'm kicking myself for missing the last bottle.
So lovely. SO perfectly sweet and tobacco, and vanilla but so fresh and airy light from the blend of the other notes.

This reminds me a lot more of Black Lace than the other lace incarnations. It is really nice, can't really pick out any of the fruitier notes though. Like a lighter version of black pace for when it is hot out.

My bottle of Summer Lace has mellowed over the past couple of years, and I think it's even better now. Wet, the mandarin and apple blossom and honeysuckle practically sparkle. As it dries down, those notes fall back and the vanilla cream, caramelized tobacco, and green cognac come forward. The net result is a fruity-floral, dimmed by those luxurious notes that telegraph a summer well lived: cognac, tobacco, vanilla cream. It's really wearable and the honeysuckle note in Summer Lace makes it a beautiful scent layer with the Post's Nectar hair gloss.

So excited to try this that I haven't let it settle from the mail at all! The only iffy note in this is the mandarin, it's terrible with my skin chemistry (sadly, because I love the smell of citrus) and could ruin this for me. Fingers crossed!

This smells amazing in the bottle, but I do get a lot of citrus, which worries me.

Wet: Sweet citrus. Lovely so far. I think I get hints of the cognac. Bits of floral. Not much else, but it's so so fresh and feminine and pretty, just praying my skin chemistry doesn't murder it. So far so good though.

Dry: I'm amazed, a citrus I can wear, finally! It's creamy, and well grounded, and has some of the "Lace" feel to it. But it's mostly a sweet, sparkly citrus with creamy vanilla. So unexpected and lovely, and I can't wait to wear it in the summer. Good lasting power too! If you're like me, and all citrus immediately turns to powdered citrus cleaner or stale pez on you, you may wish to hunt some of this down and give it a go!

Summer lace is my favourite of the laces ( :blush2: four bottles and trying to snag more)...its gorgeous caramelised tobacco with apple blossom and vanilla sweetening it all up, its amazingly blended and hard to distinguish the various notes but on me the tobacco is prominent...

Soft vanilla and apple, maybe a little honeysuckle. It does smell like summer, but not a big fruity or beachy scent—this one is for draping yourself over the fainting couch and reading a book in the heat and humidity. As someone above said, it sparkles rather than fizzes. Tobacco comes out faintly on my skin, then opium poppy pokes its head out, smelling kind of flat. I really preferred the bottle scent, so this one might not be for me.

I'm surprised I'd never reviewed this -- it's been one of my favorite BPALs for several years now. The fruity-floral aspect is breezy and sunny for sure, but there's such a lovely dark decadence underpinning it. It's tangy in the bottle -- I think that's the green cognac too -- and then as soon as it hits my skin the rich tobacco and vanilla come out and stay a good long time. The opium poppy note is faint, which is fine with me. I never knew I loved tobacco absolute so much. The way it blends in the drydown is the most gorgeous thing. I'm totally wearing this in the winter.

I ended up moving this along to another home; I love the Lace base, but to me, Summer was mostly just a green/floral mishmash, with an annoyingly heady quality from (I think) the cognac.

I don't know if it was just my bottle, or my skin chemistry, but I never could pick out any citrus notes or honeysuckle.

When it was dry, it was mostly alright (the lightly fresh green/floral one the Lace base), but the cognac just stuck around the whole time for me, and that's unfortunately not my favorite. 😅