Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Shollin

Ingenue

A tawdry Hollywood tragedy, the essence of innocence lost amongst casting couch cushions. Wild clover and gentle melon interlaced with violet leaf, water lilies, smooth wooden notes, and blushing rose.

I would bathe in this if I could :) On me this actually has very little throw and stays close to my skin -- if I put my wrist to my nose and huff, I can just smell sweet melon and grassy clover, with some kind of wood (rosewood?) underneath. It's very subtle and the notes blend beautifully. I get very little melon at all, and the rose, if there is any, is of a particularly pale and almost aquatic variety. I wish I had more, and I'm hoping against hope it gets resurrected happy.gif

This may be a Hollywood tragedy, but it ain't no tragedy on my skin. No throw, like myoubi said, but who cares when you can have these beautiful notes? In my case, it's a beguiling combo of aquatic and rosy wood. The water lilies, wooden notes and rose all dance together gracefully, with the clover and melon playing a sweet background tune. Not much violet for me, and no sharpness. Quite the summer starlet, and I'm proud to have her on my arm.

This is going to be resurrected, I know it. I just KNOW it.

I managed to snag an impling of Ingenue at last, thanks to the generosity of a dear Forum friend. I immediately shared with my ingenue sister, and my quest will continue for more, now that my appetite has been whetted! Melon and violet are a lovely combination--juicy but delicate. The rose and wood drydown is just beautiful; I am always and ever rose-crazy, and the added "freshness" of the green notes is delightful with the melon. I have never understood why this gorgeous blend disappeared from the GC so quickly; I put it on my wishlist when I first arrived in BPAL-land in '04 and then it was gone before I could order!

Bring it baaaaack!!!! :P

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

In the bottle: Aquatic lightly-sweet melon and delicate herbal florals.

Wet: Extremely faint. This would be a slatherer. No longer sweet; more floral. The herbs are sharper and greener, and the aquatic notes have faded. The rose is slowly emerging. Not getting any wood, but as the aquatic fades, there is a sort of dryness coming out.

Dry: Still very very faint, and the dominant note is rose. It's a wee bit soapy-powdery.

Summary: Almost nonexistant rosy-powder with a whiff of clover.

Thank god this wasn't wonderful like I'd hoped, considering its rarity!

straight sniff from imp is actually a sour floral....blech...... :ack:

once applied...Whoa!!! the most amazing violet and birch tree notes...amazing!!!

i get absolutely zero melon but the voilet, bark and slight rose are truly stunning....

really dig this masterpiece... :P

WHOA! Blast from the past!

I made my first BPAL order after angsting for months, with Ingenue first on my list--the day it was announced that it was going to be discontinued. It was the scent I was the most excited about, and I've kept my imp around for nostalgic reasons, and decided to revisit it. I guess I got one of the very last imps, but I am just so surprised by the date! '04! Geez, does that mean my 6th BPAL anniversary is coming up?

But Ingenue is quite a charming scent. It reminds me of the low-key prettiness of the Salons or the Retail scents. Clover and melon is the first to bloom, then the sugared violets and "wooden notes" which are very subtle and smooth. It's also the very soft, young, creamy rose that doesn't go sharp on my skin. Overall, this is a sugared blend, with a flower-petal softness at the core. Almost aquatic. Reminds me of Impressionistic paintings of water lilies, done in soft blues and greens.

It's too soft and delicate for my personality, actually, but it smells pretty nice. For someone who wears cardigans and pastels and pearls.

Edited by cinderfallen

Phew, finally dug this out to test.

Bottle: Sweet, refreshing, but warm - in a 'having melon sorbet after lunch in the middle of a flower garden in full bloom' sort of way.

Wet: Okay, so much for that.

Drydown: As I suspected, violets all the way. It's not as imposing as other blends have been - maybe, due to it being violet leaf, which I don't recall trying before.

It morphs a tiny bit once fully dry, but mostly straddles the line between 'rargh violets' and 'powdery rose', and occasionally just fades into nothing.

I'm sure it's nice on whose who have chemistry that doesn't amp florals unpleasantly; I should be so lucky. This can go to a new home.