Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sunshinedaisybliss

Sweet Barking Cheese Room Spray

As described by Puddin' :

Umm, sorry but I can't tell you what is in the Sweet Barking Cheese. I have a few unleashed and unused oils and I grabbed one of those.What does it smell like and I will see if I can figure out which one it was.

I have no clue what is in it.

This room spray was made for me by Puddin' ... it's a one-of-a-kind, made-by-goblin-hand original - and as you can see by the description above, what's in here is a total mystery :lol:

Sweet Barking Cheese smells like sugar and spice and everything nice. It's how you want those candles labelled "Exotic Spice" to smell, but they never do. It's how your magic carpet would smell after you'd been for an evening flight down to a spice market in Kathmandu where you politely decline several tempting offers from three-fingered men with dark misaligned eyes trying to sell you tapestries, but end up bringing home a six-pack of incense, a falafel burger, a little dark brown puppy that you name Sheik Yerboodie because you're just hilarious like that, and seven sacks of mysterious spices said to aid digestion and hair growth.

It's sugary, but not sweet at all. It's spicy in a throbbing red/dark brown kind of way - definitely cinnamon, probably cassia, possibly a hint of ginger snuggled up in there somewhere.. and I think there might be a slight hint of a dark wood in here, maybe? I'm not sure what's responsible for the sweetness - I guess it's most likely a dark vanilla, but it's hard to tell. It reminds me very much of Monsterbait: Underbed, but without the cake base - it's also very similar to the Aphrodite Kypria atmo spray from last year's Lupers, but without the clean/sweetness of the Egyptian musk. This is one of those sprays that starts off lingering innocently in the room, but after ten minutes you feel it climbing up inside your nostrils like some deranged abseiler - poking and prodding until it's right up there like HEADING FOR YOUR EYE SOCKETS and you can feel it and it makes you sneeze but in the good-kind-of-sneeze-way which medical professionals claim is like an orgasm for your brain. This is the kind of spray that hides around corners, jumping out and kicking you in the balls when you least expect it - it's a naughty, naughty spray that can't be trusted. It *will* make people sneeze, and it might even make your eyes water just a little. Because.. did I mention it's spicy? Yeah, it's spicy. It's good :smile:

8719173630_369ddefa0b_m.jpg 8718056191_d5c059a92a_m.jpg
The bottle and original artwork by Puddin'

PS for prosperity - here's the link to the Sweet Barking Cheese giveaway and the story behind the spray :smile: Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

:GoodPost: Yes! What she said. Exactly. :evol:

sunshinedaisybliss was generous enough to hold a little contest, and I was one of the winners of a sample of this delightful spray (thank you again a million times over for your generosity!) The only thing I could possibly add to her description, which is spot on (and yes, it does climb up in your nostrils!) is that it dries down with a hint of the notes I get in my squirt of Thrive (probably the ginger) and a hint of Winter Wind's mint notes.

Hi, Poenari! :wave: I was another of the lucky winners in the lovely SSDB's giveaway, and I just adore both her and her Sweet Barking Cheese. :lol:

This stuff smells wonderful. I agree that is has a sweetness to it, but it's not foody, really. It also has a nice spicy kick, maybe from the same Ceylon cinnamon that Kypria has. Ceylon has some woodiness and does not really smell like the cooking spice except in passing, at least to my nose.

Sweet Barking Cheese has good staying power (like all of the Post's sprays.) My husband came home hours later and asked what smelled so good...and I was so happy to tell him!

I'm just delighted to have this. Thank you, Sunshine! :kiss:

ETA: The more I sniff this, the sweeter it gets. I would love to know what the magic ingredients are. Cheesy poofs? Vanilla? Vanilla-covered cheesy poofs?

Edited by OctoberGwen

Huge thanks to Puddin' for creating this lovely spray and to sunshinedaisybliss for sharing it! :wub2:

I'm terrible at reviews, but Sweet Barking Cheese is so lovely! It's got a real cinnamon kick to it, but I find it sweeter than Aphrodite Kypria which is a really harsh cinnamon to my nose. I'm not sure what is contributing to the sweetness of this - it's definitely not foody in a cookie sense, but something is sweetening up the cinnamon just a bit. It also resembles the Goblin of Yuletide Yet to Come atmosphere spray IMO, so I'm thinking maybe there's a bit of clove in this too?

Whatever the actual notes may be, I know one thing - this is amazing and yes, it has incredible staying power which is good because I can make it last longer!

Hooray for SSDB and her kindness! :dance:

This is a really wet cinnamon smell- definitely more like sucking on a red hot rather than sniffing a jar of powdered cinnamon. It's lightly sweet, but just enough to mellow it out some, not enough to make it foody. I getting the eye socket attack pretty quickly but that's probably because I keep spritzing it and then sticking my face in the little cloud and sniffing really hard. Also because of this, I can't smell anything for a while after that initial whiff so I don't have any useful comments on how the scent mellows out. I keep meaning to not do this but apparently I have the willpower of a gnat.

Oh, man, if Puddin' magically remembered what this stuff was and put it up for sale I would buy vats. This is such glorious sweet spicy weirdness. This is like candied Christmas at the bazaar--I get a lot of candy cinnamon like redhots or atomic fireballs, a good amount of sweetness, but not a sugary type, if that makes sense, and the underlying note to me is pine sap (I was thinking that would account for the barking part, just in a different way). I actually spritzed 1 spray on my pillow last night, which lasted forever in the air, was still on my pillow strongly a few hours later when I went to sleep, and then lightly scented my hair to boot! :lol: And thank the goblins that my idiot self didn't break out from the cinnamon applied to my face...doofus.

Long story short, spicy sweet gorgeousness, and the lovely Miss Daisybliss was ever so kind to let us partake of the madness.