emerging,
As if no artifice of fashion, business, politics,
had ever been,
Forth from its sunny nook of shelter'd grass -
innocent, golden, calm as the dawn,
The spring's first dandelion shows its trustful
face.
- Walt Whitman

A scent as fresh as spring and as radiant as summer: the splendor of a crown of golden petals, the tartness of sap and pungent greens, and the gentle touch of white seed florets drifting in the breeze.

This scent is crazily accurate for me. I get in the bottle the smell of faint sweet dandelion heads (the flower), a little of the milky stems and a wash of the fresh not quite bitter leafy green bits. On me at least in the short term it stays pretty true. Will edit in the long term dry down.

If you like how actual dandelions smell, especially if you have fond memories of picking them on warm almost summer evenings and lying in the grass as the sun is just a glow on the horizon... You want this SN.

Oh my god, I have the MAD LOVE for this. On my skin, it's mostly green, but not the really grassy kind of green that makes me think of lawn mowers; it's a gorgeous green that makes me think of the beginning of spring. And then a small note of floral creeps in -- just enough to make it beautiful without being sweet.

I think there's a backup bottle in my future.

DANDELIONDANDELIONDANDELIONDANDELIONDANDELION!!!!!

RAWWWWWWWWWWWWR!

I have a dandelion sheet spray that I love and have long wanted to wear as a scent, and this is like that only WILD.

This is for everyone who has ever posted saying they want the scent of a florist shop to wear. I know that florists don't generally sell dandelions, but this is so crazily dizzily green and wet and earthy and floral sweet all at once. It is everything a big cool room of fresh cut flowers _could_ smell like, if only the shop was just a little bit more like an overgrown yard in front of a thirty year old trailer with six abandoned pickups and thousands of sunny yellow heads cheerfully bobbing in the wind.

This is a single note of awesome.

Tzi

In the bottle this is FANTASTIC! Dandelions have been my favorite since I was a kid, and it smells EXACTLY like playing with the dandelions that were constantly taking over our yard - all flower and leaves and sap all at once.

On me...it's not quite so awesome. It turns a bit too flowery sweet on me for my tastes. I will probably find creative ways to use it as a room/car scent, because I think it'd be wonderful as that! Or maybe I'll just huff my bottle every now and then :lol:

I love this! It's so fresh and pretty, so real. There's a green sweetness that reminds me of getting sap on your fingers after picking dandelions. Gorgeous! And it stays true from bottle to skin.

I got out my bottles of Phoenix in Spring and Plastic Pink Flamingo to compare. I can now confirm that the dandelion note in both of those is the main reason I love them so much. :wub2:

This is my summer scent. It's absolutely lovely. Reminds me EXACTLY of lying in the grass when I was a little girl, with a fist full of freshly picked sweet smelling dandelions.

Just received this in the mail!

In bottle and initially on skin: smells just like green stems and dandelion flowers. Not too green where it's sharp and bitter, but definitely reminiscent of the outdoors.

After just a half hour this turns into an incense-like scent. Weird, but not unpleasant. I'll have to try this again and see if it happens a second time.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I do like the smell of fresh dandelions, faint as it is.

In the Bottle: Holy...I have never gotten such a wonderfully strong dandelion scent, not even with a dozen bunched into my hand. The greeny sweetness of dandelion is just perfect in the bottle.

Wet: VERY green, but not the usual florist-shop green stem or the green stem that would quickly go hideous on me if this were a rose note. The green is a bit warmer and carries just a hint of the dandelion.

Drydown: The greeniness fades, which ought to leave room for the dandelion. And the dandelion is back, though something about my skin seems to be making it a little musty. It's nowhere near the ickiness that I've had happen with rose and violet, but it's definitely no longer the true gloriousness of the dandelion in the bottle.

Verdict: I think I'm going to try this again and see if there's something I can do to get that dandelion on my skin. No matter what there will be some scent locket action with this.

Oh Dandelion, you break my heart. You start off as this awesome green sappy blend, but as you dry, there is a slightly bitter undertone that continues to come through.

It's not a strong scent, very green, very realistic. I'm going to re-test again, but it looks like we may be parting.

ETA: Again, same scent experience. The drydown on me is very bitter. SUPER SAD PANDA FACE.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Dandelion SN is so simple yet so beautiful. Airy, fresh, a breath of fresh air actually. It does remind me of both spring and summer. This is really something I wouldn't wear, though I'm happy to have the decant just to sniff every once in awhile. It also fades extremely fast on me.

I love the smell of dandelions and I always wish that the dandelion note in some of bpal's blends were stronger (or not mixed with a gross beer smell as in Roadhouse), so I ordered a full bottle of this unsniffed and was really excited for it. I don't think that this smells much like dandelion, though. It sort of smells like sour rose, sour moss and hints of rubber and nailpolish remover to me :cry2:. The drydown is oddly sweet & green mixed with something harsh & chemical-y and what still smells like rose on me... but I don't think that any part of it really smells like dandelion. After a while, it has a soapy floral air freshener type of feel to it. Very disappointing.

Edited by Little Bird

I really liked this one. Strawberry Moon 09 is one of my favorites, and I can definitely smell the dandelion in it--which smells just like the Dandelion SN to me. In other words, I think if you liked the green notes in Strawberry Moon 2009, you might like Dandelion SN too. It's fresh, green, and not soapy on me at all.

Ah, Wild Dandelion, how I adore thee! :wub2:

I used to pick dandelions and rub them on my skin when I was a little girl, so I knew I had to have this. It smells like a field of dandelions!

It is definitely a fresh dandelion flower. It is very green. Oh, and it is very strong. It's not like holding a bouquet of dandelions in your hand. It is like rolling around in a field of dandelions.

I love this, and I wish I had ordered more than one bottle.

*edit* Grammar.

Edited by dementia_divine

This smells spot-on like dandelions to me, bitter-ish petals, sap, stem, leaves, and all. Very, very true to life and super evocative of childhood time outdoors.

Just got this in a purchase from a lovely forumite because for some crazy reason my brain did not process it when it was for sale ...

The scent of dandelions has always reminded me of two things: spring had finally come to NYC in Central Park, and my grandfather. No, Poppy didn't smell of dandelions but he and Nanny lived in Riverdale (the northern part of the Bronx) in an apartment by the river, and we'd visit them every Sunday. When the weather was nice, he and I would walk down to the river together and talk about poetry and he'd tell me stories of his childhood in Russia. The path we took had bazillions of dandelions there. In the spring/summer I'd pick a bunch and bring them back to Nanny and she'd act like I'd brought her a dozen red roses.

IN THE BOTTLE: I don't make the identical association with sticking my face in the yellow dandelions and inhaling the first signs of spring/summer in New York City, but it does have a lovely, fresh and beautifully spicy golden-green scent.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of one arm ...

WET: This smells absolutely divine. I'm still not sure I think of dandelions, at least not NYC dandelions, but I DO get the feeling of walking into a florist shop where the green stalks have just been cut and are lying on the floor, and the scent of an array of different lovely flowers all fill the air. This is one of my favorite scents and one that is hard to find ... it is one of the reasons that the long-gone Strength (Tarot) has been among my holy grail scents, because it also reminded me of a florist shop. I couldn't tell you right now if Wild Dandelion smells like Strength (or vice versa) but both evoke that imagery for me so it's all good.

DRYDOWN: Spicy, delicious, sweet, fresh. Very un-perfume. But the funny thing is I never would have pegged it as a single note if I didn't know what it is. It is somehow complex and simple at the same time. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. It is one of the loveliest SNs I've ever smelled. Very very slightly soapy but I think that's just my word for "clean."

OVERALL: It wasn't what I expected but it was just as good, in a different way. I really love this. And it will make a wonderful vacation scent as well.

On a scale of 1-5, a definite 5.

I love the lab's dandelion note.

I really like it in The School-House (one of the reasons I was frightened to use my imp, afraid it would go away too quickly), I enjoy it in Roadhouse (though the added sweetness of beer, spoils it for me), I like how it turns a bit melony on my skin in Fairy Wine... so I sort of knew what to expect.

It didn't disappoint. I recognize it all too well.

It's a nice dandelion scent, a bit greener, and less sweet that in Roadhouse or the School-House, wich I'm thankful for.

This was my birthday present to myself, and I'm glad I ordered it. It's a beautiful SN, that I shall wear when I miss summer.

OH. MY. GOD.

Wild Dandelion SN is the most evocative single scent I have ever smelled. Not only is it spot on for the SN, but I am transported to wild fields during the summer trips to the islands in Maine. I am sitting here, a little melancholy, because this was the first summer I wasn't up there and this scent makes me miss those lazy summers.

This is wonderful! It's exactly the dandelion note from Fairy Wine, Roadhouse, and One to Tie, Two to Win. It's bright, summery, and slightly green, non traditional floral. It'll be wonderful for the hot days of summer. :wub2:

i ordered three bottles of wild dandelion, unsniffed, because i adore the dandelion note in roadhouse and several other of my favorite bpals and have always wished i could wear it on its own. it does not disappoint! it's just SO GOOD and i don't know how but it really does smell like fresh fresh dandelion stems and leaves, a touch of golden flower and aaah it's so amazing. the green is a deep, slightly spicy, FRESH green dandelion scent and it is so accurate and gorgeous. i will wear the heck out of this in spring and summer.

Oh, this is so so unique and pretty! All sweetness and greenness with air and sap and spice, super evocative of lying in the grass on beautiful spring and summer days. This is pure happiness right here. I never would have thought to seek this out so a big thank you to JazzieCazzie for the decant. :wub2:

Okay, so I admit that I had really high expectations for this before I managed to snag it. See, I have this thing about dandelions. I anxiously await their arrival every spring, and then I go to town... dandelion jelly, dandelion wine, pickled buds, sautéed greens, dried roots for tea, salves, etc., etc.

In the bottle: Yasss!! Pure dandelion!

Wet: It smells like my hands after I've been picking them all day - the bitter, milky sap of them, the sharpness of their leaves, the heaven of their flowers.

Dry: The same for about half an hour, but then it goes really, really sweet and peppery on me. Not bad, but it just doesn't smell like dandelions to me anymore. Sad panda is sad. I'll try again when I'm not pms'ing.

Pretty much a perfect spring/summer green floral. Fresh, bright dandelion and stemmy greenness. Smells like being outside in a dandelion-filled yard. Very glad I found a bottle of this.