Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Lilu equivilant in bpal?

So my husband fell in love with this perfume over the weekend called lilu, by pacsun. And I didn't hate it, which is rare for scents he likes.

I can't find the scent notes, but it was a cheery bright, zesty floral aquatic. It was happy and very girly, young. People say Hawaii, beachy. Something a beach blonde surf girl would wear in high school in the tropics.

Anyone know this scent and can help me find a bpal equivilant?

Mod? Should this be merged with the beach ocean thread? Or the perfume thread? Sorry, didn't realize there were topics like this:/

Edited by Ella LaRose

Maybe something hibiscus?

Machu Picchu (GC, wanderlust)

Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

EHECATL (GC, Excolo)

The Aztec God of the Winds. He is one of the faces of the Feathered Serpent, and in this aspect he gave life to the sun and the moon, revives the dead, and breathes love into the hearts all of men.

Hibiscus, matcha, white musk, and lime.

Wanted to add that I went through my imps and tried 51 and it seems close, at least the same feel, lilu had a floral in it that was awesome, but 51 is close:)

I don't think this is the scent are looking for, but Pele came to mind with your whole "Hawaiian" description: "muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms." Maybe I've just been thinking about it lately :)

Edited by AmandaKay

I just tried pele, it's not it:( this is more salty beach florals with a REALLY interesting floral note that I can't put my finger on, Lilly? Not rose or neroli,

I did a google search and couldn't find any notes listed anywhere, but based on the reviews and your comparison to 51 I'd suggest Shoggoth from the Picnic in Arkham line.

Shoggoth: An amorphous, radiant, incandescent scent. Ever changing, protoplasmic and primordial: white amber, green coconut meat, iris, palmarosa, Chinese peony, lime, water lily, snowdrop, muguet, lemongrass, osmanthus, wisteria, glassy musk, and hinoki.

I have now tried most of these and still am not getting the right vibe.

It sunny, bright, salt water, and the floral is killing me cause I could almost remember what it was, maybe a white floral, sweet and a little deep.

Maybe gardenia or Lilly of the valley? In the tone?

Edited by Ella LaRose

J-Horror: stargazer lily, white sandalwood, chrysanthemum, and shincha, with white mint, eucalyptus, licorice bark, and blood orange.

surprisingly really fruity and tropical smelling. there is no mint or eucalyptus, i would say it's all tropical fruit (would not have guessed or picked out orange individually) layered over woody lily. It's my go-to summer scent.

I found a list of notes:

Lilu is a combination of Hawaiian wedding flower, macadamia nut, and salty ocean breeze.

I wonder if Black Pearl might fit the bill? It's iris instead of wedding flower, hazelnut instead of macadamia, and lots of coconut, but you might give it a shot.

Tzi