Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lookingglass

White Noise Fragrances

White Noise Fragrance

Above is the link to an article from Perfume Shrine, that claims to coin the term "White Noise Fragrance".

From the article: "Contrary to "skin scents", a term loosely used by numerous perfume aficionados to denote either a subtle scent that hover over the skin or mimics the latter's living, heaving aura, White Noise Fragrances do not attempt to appear any more "naturally occurring" than static. You can perceive them all right, they expand and detract minimally, just like an equal power signal with fixed width, always at the realm between comfort and annoyance...White Noise Fragrances project at a steady, perceptible, above the skin volume which you can almost taste, but their buzz is sotto voce, unwavering, yet forceful like an inner bleeding that is pouring with no apparent source and no outlet."

Exploring and discussing White Noise BPAls with others, Snow White, Antique Lace, The White Rider, The Red Rider, Violet Ray, Lurid, Lightening, Namaste, St Germaine, Katharina, and Luna Negra came up.

What are your favoirtes? Let's compile a list here!

Edited by lookingglass

I agree that Sea of Glass goes on this list. I'd also add Singing Moon and Succubus.

Blue Moon is this for me. It's definitely floral, but I get subtle wafts of it all day and can never quite latch onto what it actually smells like for long.

Honorable mentions go to Selkie and Leanan Sidhe.

All of the above have sort of a "watery" note to me, so that they're floral but kind of wet and green and possibly mistakable for just how a spring day smells. I can always detect them, but they're always perfectly inoffensive even if I don't want to smell anything else.

This is intriguing! :)

I have to agree with Luna Azul and have to add Death on a Pale Horse, Scales of Deprivation, Ultraviolet, Kumari Kandam, Nephilim, The Black Tower, Arcana, and Tintagel

Sounds like Thunder Moon might fit the bill, though I've never had the chance to smell it.

Edited by lookingglass

I'd add Mr Ibis and Nefertiti. Both are green, watery, aloe-ish scents. I'm really loving Nefertiti in the hot weather we've been having here.

GCs: Ultraviolet, Water of Notre Dame, Lilium Inter Spinas, Le Serpent Qui Danse - anything with green, fresh, crisp notes?

LEs: I also get a warmer vibe from Signior Dildo & The Nymphae Avernales. I adore SD but just can't identify or describe what notes make it so alluring even though I've read the reviews. Orris, ozone and violet tend to do that on me :)