Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JazzieCazzie

Whipped Cream and/or Marshmallows?

I never thought I'd actually be looking for a scent like this, but here goes ...

Bought a decant of Love from the recent April Fools update and while I get these tiny whiffs of delicious whipped cream and marshmallow, the scent itself it not a keeper for me because of the rose and, to a lesser degree, the strawberries.

However, those little hints of pure whipped cream -- which I am pretty sure might be blending with the marshmallows -- are just delicious.

I would love love love to know if there is a BPAL blend (maybe even a DC or LE I could put on my wish list if that's all there is) that is whipped cream or whipped cream and marshmallows ONLY.

I'm thinking if there was something similar to a single note sweet whipped cream, like Redi Whip in a vial, LOL, that would be perfect. I know marshmallow can be hit or miss but it's the only second note I can think of that might work here.

No milk scent, because that goes horribly wrong on me ... No cream scent per se, ditto. ... NO roses or flowers or fruits. Not even any honey (it always amps and overpowers other notes and while I like honey, it's not what I want here). Not even chocolate or cocoa (I have Sue's Great Old Puppet Show and that's okay, but it's not what I'm looking for."

Something that had cake or vanilla would be okay if either/both of those notes were in the background and not overpowering. But, for example, Sprinklecakes didn't work for me, because it was just TOO sweety-sweet for me.

Thanks in advance!!!

What I'm looking for may not even exist. But it's worth a shot!

Boo from the Halloweenies is pretty much just cream. Marshmallow Poof is pretty much just marshmallow. Both are gorgeous and layer very well together.

The closest I can think would be Marshmallow Poof:

"Marshmallow Poof -- A gooey mound of white fluffiness! And yes, it is vegan!"

Well, I don't know about whipped cream scents, but I LOOOOOOOVE The Gorobble..... "A scent redolent of the crusty exterior of burnt marshmallows." and it smells EXACTLY like burnt campfire marshmallows!!!!! Very YUMMY!!

Boo - especially if you can find the 2009 version (not that hard to find) - to me, it's very whipped cream/spun sugar.

BOO

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Thanks, all, for the recommendations!

Did some homework, read all the reviews ...

I am definitely going to pass on all versions of Boo. It sounds like, regardless of the year, it has way too many dealbreaker notes for me and nearly every review singled out something I know I wouldn't like ... I can't stand the "linen" or "cotton" notes and milk is one of my top 5 "goes horribly wrong on me" notes. Plus, virtually every other scent someone comped it to has been at best a swap and at worst (and more frequently) a wash-off.

But I definitely appreciate the suggestion and wouldn't have thought to even look at it!

I think at this point the one that will go on my wish list will be Gorobblies. I love burnt toasted marshmallows! Marshmallow Poof sounds like ti would also be too sweet for me.

And in the meantime I'll do even more homework and see if there is anything else I can come up with ...

Meanwhile, if there are any other Whipped Cream scents other than Boo, that would be great!!! But it's quite possible that none really exist ... I wish I could just take Love and remove the rose sugar and strawberry. Maybe even the marshmallow ... the thing I love about whipped cream is that it's best when it's neither really sweet NOR creamy. Just that light airy taste.

I really can't think of a fully-marshmallow BPAL that doesn't have something else with it.. I would have suggested Marshmallow Poof, but you've said it may be too sweet for you (plus, it's pretty hard to find) so I'm going to suggest checking out Starring Fragrances... I've tried a few of their marshmallow-ish blends, and they do those kinds of things really well. And they sell samples.

They do single notes - and they have one called Puffed Marshmallow - White sticky marshmallows, nothing else! - which could do the trick :smile:

Good luck with your search!

I would recommend White Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Coconut is a fave. It's from the 2009 Box o' Chocolates (Lupercalia). :wub2: Not as much coconut as Tiki Princess, and white chocolate is a sweet sugary but not vanilla note, but nothing like milk/dark chococlate at all.

If you get even a tester of Boo '09, I would still urge you give a whirl in a scent locket, maybe.

Marshmallow Poof, though, is really good; I just like WC&M&C better, and it is easier to find. :)

If you like strawberry I would try Love from the Pickman Gallery's Tremulous Song that's out now.

Also, The Gorroble from last year's Pickman's was burned marshmallows, and was awesome.

If you like strawberry I would try Love from the Pickman Gallery's Tremulous Song that's out now.

Also, The Gorroble from last year's Pickman's was burned marshmallows, and was awesome.

Actually, it was Love that inspired this thread ... really didn't like the rose or the strawberry at all (Love is now in my swap pile) but LOVED the little bits of whipped cream scents that wafted up from it periodically and was hoping I could find a strawberry and/or rose-free blend that had the whipped cream LOL!

Thank you, too, for the Gorobble rec ... I'm officially on the lookout! :) :) :)

GRRRRR Got sniped on an eBay bottle of Gorobble in the :30 before it expired by new bidder. Damn you, whoever it was. :joy:

Edited by JazzieCazzie

I found The Gorobble very, very cinnamony.

I feel obligated to mention my personal favorite marshmallow scent, since it hasn't been mentioned yet!

Chewing Little Bits of String: Marshmallows, a bit of limp lettuce, and wads of soggy cotton soaking in a stew of tea (with lemon and honey!).

I get lemon iced tea, with a big side of fluffy vanillic marshmallows. A lot of marshmallow-y scents can go a bit weird or powdery on me (Love definitely did this), but this one remained true long into the drydown.

I also quite like Plastic Pink Flamingo: Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.

It's not fruity, but it's very... pink. And there's a definite side of greenery, too, which cuts through the sugary marshmallow a bit.

I'm thinking that because of snipe nature there is chance that bottle will re-appear on the board at some point so I'll keep my eye out ;)

Edited by JazzieCazzie

Yup. Was almost straight cinnamon on me. I was crushed because I also love marshamallow, but I don't care for cinnamon scent.

Yup. Was almost straight cinnamon on me. I was crushed because I also love marshamallow, but I don't care for cinnamon scent.

The Gorobble was very cinnamon-y to me as well when it was fresh, but having aged it now for over a year...the cinnamon has mellowed WAY down, and now it is the gorgeous creamy marshmallow with a hint of cinnamon (more similar to Haunt's Cinnamon Girl with a bit more marshmallow) and a hint of smokiness. It's a great cold day comfort scent! :wub2:

Arana, also from Tremulous Song, is more vanilla than marshmallow, but to me it has the same fluffy, creamy feeling as Love. I also get a similar fluffiness in the current Yule Go To Sleep, Darlings, but where Arana and Love are both beloved bottles for me, I don't think I need more than my decant of Go To Sleep, Darlings.

Resurrecting this topic since we can now add Stekkjarstaur (wonderful marshmallow!) to this list.

Maybe someone will also chime in regarding Volcano in Springtime ('whipped vanilla cream')?

I agree Stekkjarstaur is the most wonderful marshmallow scent!! If you love marshmallow you need it!

I also love the marshmallow in Ivory Vulva is coconutty too! ;)

Also there's Marshmallow Cookie Pie which is marshmallow and chocolate. :)

So much marshmallowy goodness! :wub2:

Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails has an amazing marshmallow note in the bottle (my skin eats is, unfortunately). I imagine it's very marshmallowy on some folks though!