Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ScabbyLucy

Fresh, Fruity Florals

My scent preferences usually tend to fruity, foody and woody, but I feel like I need to find at least ONE great floral BPAL for my collection. I prefer fruity florals- I've tried Titania, and its beautiful but also gone within 30 minutes. White musk is a death note- its all I could smell in Katharina, and turned Juliet into a block of Ivory soap. I also love the smell of green grass- it makes florals smell all the more real. Rose and I tend to be enemies- I dont discount it entirely, but it was all I got from the drydown of Alice, and I think its what made Ophelia vaguely plasticky. I like pretty much all fruits, and flowers I particularly like are honeysuckle. sweet pea, stargazer lily, daisy, and tropical flowers. And I ESPECIALLY love fruit blossoms- apple blossom, orange blossom, peach blossom, cherry blossom.

As a comparison, a good one I've gotten from another co was Bath and Body Works "Beautiful Day"

Any ideas?

Edited by ScabbyLucy

My suggestion may not be the greatest because I generally dislike florals.. but here are my two. :)

Les Bijoux - Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

The Temptation - attar of rose, calla lily, palmarosa, peach blossom, wisteria, rice flower, and black musk.

I got mostly peach and light florals from both of these, with a lot of honey from Les Bijoux. I do amp peach and honey, though.

Edited by ioleda

Give 51 a go. :D Also Tenochtitlan. Those two really pop on me.

Also The Sound of Insects, if you want to chase down a LE. On me it's fruity tea with dried flowers.

You might find Dog Days of Summer interesting. It's not a 'fruity floral' but it's wilted grasses and wildflowers and might fit your tastes, if you can find some.

Otherwise, I'd second The Temptation. To me it smells like fruit that's just fallen off the tree, ripe and sitting in the sun.

You could also try:

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente - myrtle, sweet meliot, wild rose, pomegranite juice, peach blossom, deep aquatic notes, autumn breezes

Lampades - cranberry, smoky dark lilies, musk, ginger, mediterranean spices

The Raptures and Roses of Vice - red roses, moroccan musk, cinnamon, lobelia, coconut flesh, magnolia blossoms, tobacco tar (fruity in a coconut-flesh sort of way, very heady and rich and unlike the normal rose notes)

Zarita, The Doll Girl - white carnation, iris, orange blossom, sugared cream

I know this sounds odd, but Door is absolutely beautiful. A really sneaky, subtle floral that layers well with anything.

If you can get your hands on Sugar plum fairy, it's my favorite fruity floral!

SUGAR PLUM FAIRY

Queen of the Kingdom of Sweets: sugar plums, vanilla-infused sugar, tiare, amber musk, apricot peel, and a light dusting of cacao.

Another vote for Josie, but then also Machu Picchu: Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

The Poisoned Apple (if you don't mind the opium) and the LE Conical Beast are really nice.

Edit: Though I forgot to mention Conical Beast has vetiver. On me it's a nice background vetiver that's held in place by the pine sap and the super sweet, sticky cherry. But vetiver. Yeah.

Conical Beast, Clark Ashton Smith.

Black cherry pulp, aged patchouli, wild fruit gums, pine sap, night-blooming jasmine, and vetiver.

Edited by patina

I wear mostly fruity florals. I've found some roses work, others don't. I wear persephone as my fruity rose. The ones below are without rose!

(Diabolus)Baobhan Sith: Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

(Excolo)Algaea: Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle

(Madtea party)Tweedledee: Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

(Madtea party)Tweedledum: Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

(Stardust)Fairy wine: An ethereal vintage, steeped with dandelion, honey, and red currants.

Aww, that's too bad about Titania. She's one of my overall favorites and lasts a good while for me.

Another one that I like is Aizen-Myoo (Excolo): Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea.

I find it to be quite fresh with the tea and interesting citruses.

Then there's 'Tis The Voice of the Lobster (Mad Tea Party): A woody, musky-weird base glooping over with blackberry preserves, a twist of mandarin, strawberry juice, pulverized watermelon, and a handful of smushed gardenia petals.

The woodiness/muskiness makes it less fresh perhaps, but it's definitely fruity and I get some whiffs of gardenia at times.

Edited by heygraycatbird

The Poisoned Apple (if you don't mind the opium) and the LE Conical Beast are really nice.

Edit: Though I forgot to mention Conical Beast has vetiver. On me it's a nice background vetiver that's held in place by the pine sap and the super sweet, sticky cherry. But vetiver. Yeah.

Conical Beast, Clark Ashton Smith.

Black cherry pulp, aged patchouli, wild fruit gums, pine sap, night-blooming jasmine, and vetiver.

A second vote for Conical Beast! I doesn't nearly get the love that its needs....

Also you may like

Oblation

A stirring blend of dianthus, French lavender, blackberry, and white honey

and

The Soul of La Traviata

Black plum, black musk, black currant, iridescent pink grapefruit, neroli, and jungle orchid.

Glasgow. Out of the hundreds of blends I've tried from the Lab, Glasgow still remains my number one favorite. Gorgeous, light, gentle fruity-floral, not overly sweet at all.

The East--The scent of the winds beyond the wall: bluebonnet, passion flower, freesia, jasmine tea, mint, thyme, and redcurrant.

I personally can't handle many fruits (turn to plastic) or florals (turn unbearably sharp and trigger headaches), so this is obviously biased due to my wacky skin chemistry, but it's my current favorite in this category. It's a really beautiful unique floral, without being high-pitched, and the mint and thyme ring a little green-ness to it. The redcurrant is just fruity enough to round everything out.

I had the same problem with Titania..really pretty for the thirty seconds it lasted, and then it disappeared, as so many things do on my skin.

I just tried Epibulia, I don't know if you like Urd, but this is similar, but less fruit heavy. That said it's still super fruity with other stuff supporting it,like carnation and something mysterious to me but lovely, which might be Maid of Orleans but I cannot tell.

I love my florals to be fruity, and if not fruity, then something grassy and fresh. Some of my favorites:

Blue Morpho (Wild orchid, pikake, honeysuckle, calla lily, agave nectar, pink geranium, violet leaf, and white amber) -- the agave really fruits it up to me

Two-Barred Flasher (Orris root, lilac, galbanum, white tea, Italian bergamot, and blueberry)

Amsterdam (Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses)

Manhattan (sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid)

Morocco doesn't fit -- it's warm and rich, but I love it, and it shows of the carnation so beautifully.

And don't skip Summer Lace! (vanilla cream, caramelized tobacco absolute, white opium poppy, summer honeysuckle nectar, effervescent white mandarin, apple blossom, and green cognac)

There's a thread on Fruity Florals here - I imagine a mod will probably merge the topics :)

My favourite General Catalogue fruity florals are:

Delirium apple, rose, and lemon

Tamora Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean

Queen Alice (the cider and wine in this makes it really fruity on me) Carnation, posies, and white amber with a hint of inky treacle, sandy cider, and wooly wine

Pandy Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

Lady Lucille Sharpe faded red roses and a glimmer of garnet with black lily, ylang ylang, smoky plum musk, and black amber.

Mad Kate (The Salon, available at Pretty Indulgent) Honeycomb, red currant, freesia, vanilla, rose geranium, thyme, and gardenia.

Osmanthus is the fruitiest flower! I feel like the most flowery osmanthus I have is an old LE I bought here on the board, The Snow Maiden (Ylang ylang, osmanthus, spring berries, and daffodil cloaked in hoarfrost), which starts out cold ice and then sweetens up to be mostly osmanthus to my nose, but it's also very prominent in Sanctus (Diabolically otherworldly: golden osmanthus, lily of the valley, celestial musk, and frankincense), which is flowery also from the muguet and a bit lemony and resinous from the frankincense, but almost entirely osmanthus again.

Recently bought but haven't put on yet (I've been sick :C) Fairy Bites (Osmanthus and raw honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry, honeysuckle, thyme, bergamot, and Dracula orchid); Elf (Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.)

I haven't tried Josie (Heady magnolia and honeyed peaches), but it's also in the GC.

Other pretty floral-fruit scents in the GC:

Endymion (d’Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk)

Persephone (pomegranate and rose)

Juliet (Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear) - this doesn't work for me, but I know it does for others!

Kali (cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey) - This was very sweet and almost fruity with an aquatic sort of floral tint to it; I have no idea why, but it's subtle and elegant and almost celebratory. Man, osmanthus is in all my recommendations.

Roses, Pearls and Diamonds (Red roses, dazzling crystalline musks, and pearlescent coconut-tinged orris) - This really smells like roses, pearls and diamonds; you can tell there's coconut and orris in there, but somehow this is really evocative of pearls. It's such an amazing and pretty scent.

Rapunzel (Angel's trumpet, bois de rose, orris, and wild lettuce) - A beautiful spring scent. Lettuce isn't quite fruity, I know! But I couldn't leave this out.

Thalia (Plumeria, pear and white champagne) - The champagne note doesn't work on me, but this worked on a friend of mine and it's lovely for her.

Things I haven't tried, but are on my want list:

La Belle au Bois Dormant (Plumeria and white pear, Damascus rose, tuberose, magnolia and evening dew)

Titania (white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon)

Sjöfn (Apples, birch, apple blossoms) - I've deeply enjoyed Poisoned Apple and The Apple of Sodom and I am eager to try a scent with both the apple note and apple blossom.

Fae (white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss)

Croquet (pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk) - I actually got this as a frimp recently but haven't worn it, but a friend of mine adores it and finds it a lovely, fruity citrus with some rose and woody notes. It smells like that in the imp and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Another vote for Titania and Katharina, which are both on my eventual bottle list.

While I didn't care for Desire (Ars Amatoria: bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla) because it was too heavy on the rose, you might like it.

The Countess of Morcar’s Blue Carbuncle (Dazzling blue musk, white juniper, iris pallida, white oudh, and sugar crystals) was "grown-up Juicy Fruit gum" to me; I liked it a lot but it vanished quickly.

Verdandi (Excolo: Deep herbs and apple with black amber) and Apple of Sodom smell almost exactly like Salon Selectives.

I was very disappointed with Sjöfn; it smelled really fake to me.

I've got on Symmakhia right now and it's a great one (Vanilla, heliotrope, red sandalwood, pear, black lily, white wine grape, and white rose), but it's an LE from some years back and I don't know how easy it is to find at this point.

I second Lady Lucille and Persephone. Another big love of mine is Les Bijoux (Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh). The latter two are both GC and so can be tested pretty inexpensively.

Sjofn was off-the-charts sweet for me, like bubble gum. La Belle Au Bois Dormant didn't work for me in particular (I amped the wrong thing and just didn't dig it), but I can tell it's pretty.

I adore fruity florals! Princesofcats is spot on about osmanthus, and I would also throw in moonflower as a fruity floral. A lot of these are great recs, but if you like tropical flowers and greenness with fruity, try Isle of Demons. It's such a peculiar scent experience and it morphed tremendously on me so you will need to give it time. It's a bit of a left field one, but I think it will appeal to you and it's just a fun scent to experience:

The scent is of wet, dark greenery, carnivorous flowers, volcanic gas, and the hot black musk of the demons and wild beasts that populated the islands.

Edited by freyasfae

I LOVE the wild plum note in The Witch Queen (Stardust)

Wild plum, red musk, tuberose, calla lily, heliotrope, pimento, ylang ylang and beeswax beneath a dark haze of sinister purple-hued incense smoke.

Has anyone mentioned Slippery Poppy Tincture? It's a very gently floral with some grassiness in it, not as loud as New Orleans, but with some sweet tones that I likes. Another idea is Envy, which has mint and lime and lavender with green herbs. That one did not last on my skin very long, but I loved it while it did.

I don't know how else to describe it, though I don't think I've tried or liked most anything else in this thread I do love The First of the Three Spirits and to me it's a very fruity floral.