Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zewtsuit

Comforting, milky, farmhouse kind of smells?

I have a bottle of BPAL without a label, and while I think I may never find out which scent it really is, I'm looking for ones that are similar. A sort of mixture of spices, milk and baking, a very warm, farmhousy kind of smell. I've browsed through the forum recommendations for spices, milk and baking seperately and I haven't been able to find anything with the right sound to it. Does this smell sound familiar to you or do you know anything similar to it? Sorry for putting you in an Agatha Christie BPAL hunt, but It's driving me crazy! :lol:

Maybe Cockaigne in Wanderlust?

"The weather is always mild, the wine flows freely, sex is readily available, and all people enjoy eternal youth. The Land of Plenty, also called Luilekkerland – the Lazy, Luscious Land: milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine."

Sudha Segara? "Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia." I remember liking this--not much throw but very comforting--and I need it in my life again.

Maybe Cockaigne in Wanderlust?

"The weather is always mild, the wine flows freely, sex is readily available, and all people enjoy eternal youth. The Land of Plenty, also called Luilekkerland – the Lazy, Luscious Land: milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine."

That was immediately the one I thought of since it was foody and cakey. Nothing like it, perhaps a few similarities on the milk notes, but apart from that they smell completely different :( . I think mine has more spicey and caramelly notes, but not being particularly apt at recognizing different scents, I'm having trouble identifying this one. Urgh, its driving me nuts.

Sudha Segara? "Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia." I remember liking this--not much throw but very comforting--and I need it in my life again.

What a wonderful sounding perfume, and the ginger sounds very similar to my bottle. I've just messaged someone about it, hopefully it'll be around for me to test soon. Thank you so much :joy:

What a wonderful sounding perfume, and the ginger sounds very similar to my bottle. I've just messaged someone about it, hopefully it'll be around for me to test soon. Thank you so much :joy:

You're welcome! I'm not sure if it's the right one but I hope you will at least like it!! It is often named a very comforting scent, and the reviews suggest that some people get a baking note or are reminded of homes, etc. Who knows? Let us know how it works out!

You're welcome! I'm not sure if it's the right one but I hope you will at least like it!! It is often named a very comforting scent, and the reviews suggest that some people get a baking note or are reminded of homes, etc. Who knows? Let us know how it works out!

I have a feeling it's an older BPAL, maybe from the early 2000s especially since I've had it for two years, so it may be wishful thinking. I just wish I could know so I could try and get more of it, but this one sounds really promising. Milk and ginger. Mmm. :wub:

I wouldn't have guessed Cockaigne because that is all cakey to me.

The ones I will add to the hmm list as milky/spicy mystery perfumes would be

Candles Moon --> Moonlight shining on the Quickening Tree, the heat and wax of sacred candles, the milk of ewes, Brigid's blackberry, the sting of keening wind, and the last flutter of the Cailleach's winter snow.

Lamb's wool --> A popular holy day beverage in 18th century Ireland: roasted apples mashed into warmed milk and ale, with nutmeg, sugar, ginger, and clove.

Milk Moon 2007 --> sweet milk, golden honey, fig fruit, pomegranate, dates, and white grape.

Milk Moon 05 --> a scent that emulates the closeness of child and mother. In it, cream and warm honey soften our traditional blend of lunar oils.

Good luck :wub2:

Here's a few more creamy/milky scents:

The Phantom Cow of Yerba Buena Island, it doesn't have an official note description but it smells like creamy milk, herb, and soft grass scent. It's the first one that came to mind when you mentioned 'farmhousy'.

Nonae Caprotina (The scent is of goat’s milk, ripe fig, and a hint of sweet myrrh.)

Alice (Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.)

Boo (Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream)

White Rabbit (Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.)

Dana O'Shee (Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains...)

You might also want to check the for milk/cream recommendation thread: http://www.bpal.org/topic/32603-milk-and-cream-notes/

I did have a look at the milk threat, but it all seemed to be a milder kind of tea, sugar and cream instead of the kick that this one has. Very nutmeggy and spicey. The thought just occurred to me that it might be two scents mixed :cry2:

Lambswool sounds incredibly tempting. I'm adding everything to my wishlist. I've actually ordered a few scents that you've recommended from the sales forum, so I should hopefully be able to find out what my mystery scent is soon! :joy:

Guys, I FOUND OUT WHAT IT IS!! :joy:

Turns out that its an elderly bottle of midway that has to have been aged for the full eight years since it first came out. That was where I was getting the foody scent from, and the spice/milk... That must be the aging, or perhaps it's been mixed ever so slightly with something else. I'm obviously so happy that I found out what it is... but also a little sad because I know I'll probably never find a bottle of it again. :(

Glad you found out what it was, but want to suggest Jack. It isn't very milky, but smells just like pumpkin pie to me. So it has that baked goods with spice scent that reminds me of a farm house.