Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Dysopes Tenuis

Blackcurrant bud, crystallized rose, inky musk, and tonka bean.

Thanks a million times to my special Labbie Angel for this, you know who you are! ;)

In The Bottle: There's a slightly metallic tang that I'm betting is the inky musk (based on India Ink's scent) that is the first thing I notice upon initial sniff. Right behind that is the blackcurrant, which adds a bit of sweetness, but not in a foodie way at all. at this stage, I get no tonka or rose.

Wet On Skin: The blackcurrant is now the dominant note, but there *is* some warmth that I associate with tonk a, though in this mix, it's definitely on the subtle side. The musk is bringing up the rear, though the metallic edge appears to be gone, at least for now. I still get no rose.

Dry Down: Wow. This is really shifted. There's a mustiness that I loosely associate with Crypt Queen, though if it's the rose, it STILL is not reading that way. It's more like it's adding a bit of mystery. Mostly, though, I'm getting musk. A dark sweet musk that, amazingly, is not turning to powder on me as other darker musks frequently do. In point of fact, I'd say that this scent is like a summertime cousin of Crypt Queen, in that it has a similar vibe, but is light enough to wear on all the warm days that lay ahead of us.

In All: Medium throw- just be careful not to slather or they'll smell you a block away! :lol: Rich without being too dense, and I'd bet that this is yet another of those lovely Lab concoctions which only gets better with age.

SO glad I have a bottle to call my own! :wub2:

This scent kinda confused the hell out of me. Wet its strong. But strong what!? It feels a lil green/floral to me. A sharpness as well but i cannot for the life of me pick out notes in this. Its blended incredibly well.

As it dries i think its musk? I got no rose(thank goodness) or tonka. Maybe the blackcurrent bud giving me the green/floral notes?? I dunno, this is prob not very helpful! Lol. The more it dries it does have a muskiness to it. I am not familiar with the india ink sn so i cannot compare there...but this bad sally is sooooo damn strong! I would definitely recommend NOT slathering as it does pack a punch. YIRMV.

Not sure how i fell about this one. Its definitely a clean kinda scent on my skin. A good summer scent cause its not a heavy scent at all, just huge throw.

This was the 2013 Bats Day scent that appealed to me the most based on notes. Blackcurrant, rose, and dark musk are all good for me; hopefully the tonka won't be problematic.

In the bottle: Well-balanced fruit-rose scent, not too sweet, not too intense, with some nice musk base. I do not notice any tonka.

Wet: The fruit-rose has given way a bit before the musk which has an interesting, not quite metallic tinge to it. And I think there's a hint of something citrusy in here too, but bitter, like yuzu or grapefruit peel rather than orange or lemon or lime.

Half an hour: Sweeter than before; the fruit and rose have turned a bit jammy, like they've been cooked and concentrated. And for the first time I think I'm getting some tonka, which adds a sort of indistinct richness in the middle register. The impression of citrus is retained, too, but it is milder than before.

Two and a half hours: More musk than anything else now, but still a nicely balanced and enjoyable one with that splendid chewy blackcurrant note which is no longer jammy. I like it at least a 4.

Five hours: I wonder if there might be a bit of patchouli in this; it's giving me the impression of being a lovely round fruity patchouli blend now. I love this phase even though the impression of rose is gone.

Really glad I have a bottle of this!

I was disappointed when I first put this on, as it starts off very green, sour and strange smelling (like rotting green stems and pen ink with harsh musk and sweet tarts - very heavy and unpleasant). Thankfully, it quickly dries down into a better scent. The rose settles into a sweet, cool rose with tart black currant making it juicier and heavier. I still get that sappy, green quality, but it loses its sour edge and helps to make the rose smell like a real, freshly picked rose. The musk and tonka round out the background of the scent as a dark, sensual perfuminess.

Dysopes Tenuis settles down on my skin into a dark and gothic smelling scent with a fresh, dewy smelling rose rather than a dry, crumbling one. I'm glad that the inky/black musk isn't turning powdery or to men's cologne the way that bpal's black musk usually does on me. Dark and sexy with a realistic rose at its center. I'm glad to have a bottle of this one.

I'm actually weirded out a little by how much I really enjoy this blend. It's blackcurrant, musk, and a teensy bit of rose.

This smells like dark fruit, musk and a touch of the ink on wet. Funny, I keep sniffing it and being on the fence about it.

Dark, fruity, mysterious.

Wet: Coffee and blackcurrants. The strange coffee scent disappears after a while and makes way for a kind of fruity cologne.

Dry: It smells more masculine now. Cologne and blackcurrants, that's about it. It's a bit too sharp and masculine for my taste.

Predominantly black currant here, a real tart berry fruit, fades a bit in the sourness as time goes by. Musk comes out, and this ends up being a slightly tart fruity musk, not unlike Berry Moon, and Couple Consulting an Enpon. Glad to try this, but it's not really me.

Out of the four Bat's Days that my lovely fairy got for me, this was the worst, even though all the notes would usually be perfect for me. But it smells, wet, like perm solution (seriously, I was instantly transported back to the early '80s when I used to get perms) and that is not a good thing. I thought it would go away when it dried, but it stayed like that the whole time. I tell you, menopause sucks. It ruins all the favorite notes!

i love all the notes in this, and it's quite nice. the blackberry is subtle and not too sweet. this is like a more complex and sexy blackberry-musk scent, and i love it. the rose really isn't that prominent at all, i can barely sense it, apart from a slightly sweet sugary scent. all the notes in this blend seamlessly and smell amazing with my skin chemistry. sexy in an understated way.

Got an imp of this from a generous frimper. Unfortunately, it's not good on me.

I detect no blackcurrant, and true to form, inky musk (or inky anything) screams on me and completely drowns everything else out.

I'm getting the faintest hint of rose mixing with the ink, but the inky musk is giving me a headache.

No tonka bean to be found whatsoever in any stage of wear.

One of the few fruity blends I really love, probably because it's so dark. I think the bud of the blackcurrant is also a more subtle version of the fruit, scent-wise. It's a lovely swirl of fruity rose and musky tonka, blended really seamlessly.

This may have snuck its way into my Top Ten. Something about my skin chemistry works really, really well with this blend - I am very glad I've been able to locate two bottles.

The complexity of initial application disappears on me and after 20-30 minutes I'm left with a candy-like sweet rose and nothing else. It's too bad because the notes initially make it tempting to me. But Im not into sweet, or this kind of rose. Im not sure if its the musk or the rose or both. Sadly it's going into my sale pile.

I like the individual notes that go into this very much and was excited for it, but all I get from the bottle on is the smell of the hair salon that my aunt used to work at when I was a kid. Makes for a nice scent memory, but I don't think this will be in heavy rotation. I wonder if it's the inky musk doing it... I don't get any sweetness or tonka in here, just a vaguely chemical floral scent. Could also be because it's aged too long (it's a 2013 bottle, from a forum sale). Oh well!