Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ReallyZeb

Scents for strength and fortitude

I have, at very short notice (tomorrow), got a horrendously stressful two days mostly in the company of those who wish me harm. :cry2:

Can anyone recommend any scents - lots of suggestions are needed in the hope I have one of them! If anyone can find something that's listed in my bottle list that would be brillliant but I have (roughly!) millions of imps too. Normally I'd look myself but I'm too busy stressing.

I have no TALs but lots of GCs and LEs - and I can't do cinnamon. (I'd be prepared to wear other notes that I normally hate in this circumstance)

I have, at very short notice (tomorrow), got a horrendously stressful two days mostly in the company of those who wish me harm. :cry2:

Can anyone recommend any scents - lots of suggestions are needed in the hope I have one of them! If anyone can find something that's listed in my bottle list that would be brillliant but I have (roughly!) millions of imps too. Normally I'd look myself but I'm too busy stressing.

I have no TALs but lots of GCs and LEs - and I can't do cinnamon. (I'd be prepared to wear other notes that I normally hate in this circumstance)

I have always felt very powerful with The Phoenix at Midday.

Good luck and hang in there.

Yikes! Sounds not fun :(

I like to wear Darkness or The Great Sword of War when I want to embrace my more badass side. Anything you find deep and masculine-leaning should do the trick too. I'd also recommend putting a drop of something you find comforting (like something with lavender or a foodie scent - Dorian would be perfect) on one of your wrists too so you can huff it when you need a quick de-stressing.

I hope you get through things just fine. Remember to breath.

Edited by BoneBone24

Sorry you have some rough times heading your way, hun. :(

I personally like using tea blends for stress relief- the Apothecary, White Rabbit, Nostrum Remedium, etc- but I also like using blends with... associative qualities? If that's the right word? For example, I see you have Crowley on your bottles list. Personally, if I'm going through a day where I feel like I need to get out of my own mind for a bit, I'll wear Crowley and try to channel him or draw on his character for comfort or focus. You actually have quite a few Gaiman blends, so perhaps pick one of your favorites of those? Instead of letting these people you have to deal with get to you, draw on Crowley or Spider or the Floating Market for strength.

I know my advice is a bit weird, but I hope it helps! Hang in there! :hug:

High John the Conqueror is a good "rise above" scent for me - it helps me to feel like nobody's BS can touch me.

I also like things that are named after powerful entities/people - I usually go with Tezcatlipoca (the leather and sandalwood makes me feel badass) but I think a lot of the Excolo category would be appropriate: Ehecatl, Hecate, Kali, Nemesis, Obatala, Shango, Alecto, and probably lots of others. Good thoughts to you as well!

ETA: Oh, and of course Van Van! The ritual oil is useful for protection and turnaround (turning bad luck or bad occurrences into good), so I imagine the perfume oil would bring up some of those thoughts if you used it.

Edited by fufu_berry

Most of my suggestions were TALs--Lion's Heart in particular is a favorite of mine, though it smells as if it might have a touch of cinnamon.

Wolf's heart is also good, and Van Van and yes, High John. Also, things like Ogoun, since Ogoun is a warrior. Any of the warrior queens, too. When I want to feel strong, but don't feel I need a magical oil, I sometimes wear a scent by Arcana (Eleanor of Aquitaine) because the scent is strong and green with vetiver and makes me feel strong.

I've had to have too many meetings with people who wished me harm, unfortunately, so a not scent suggestion is one you likely know, but shielding is important! I visualize myself in a protective space that nothing can get into.

And :hugs: to you, and be strong, and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

I got a frimp of Wolf's Heart (from the GC Conjure Bag) in a recent lab purchase. The oil is bright red/orange, so I was expecting something bold, but it actually smells quite comforting to me, not outwardly aggressive. An inner strength I suppose. It might have dragon's blood in it because it reminds me a bit of Dragon's Eye, but the white flower is less harsh and dominating than the sharp lily in DE.

I'm not familiar with most of the scents you have as bottles, but I feel like if I were in your position I would pick a scent that is unusual; one that you really like but others maybe (probably) wouldn't. I'd bask in it and let everyone else back off if it bothers them!

Edited by heygraycatbird

From your bottle list, I would probably go with Bastet, as she is caring and nurturing to those she likes but woe to those she doesn't.

Alternatively, is there one that you have a really good association with somehow? When I'm in tough situations I like to wear scents that remind me of a friend, like a scent-reminder that someone does have my back even if they aren't there right that second.

Oh, everyone is being really helpful, it's made me cry, but in a good way. Lots of really good suggestions.

Strangely, High John and Wolf's Heart were imps I'm thinking of buying, just waiting for the lab to confirm that there's no cinnamon in them.

Distilling everyone's suggestions together, for tomorrow I'm thinking Crowley or Bastet or Cleopatra Testing Poisons On Those Condemned To Death (the 'unusual' one) or a combo of Thieves Rosin & Druid - will finally decide when I wake up tomorrow as it's bedtime here.

For my nice scent association, I won't need one tomorrow because I'm getting to spend an hour with my sweetie in the middle of all this, and his neck smells totally like Dorian :wub2: ... but on Wednesday I will dab some on somewhere I can reach it!

Thank you so much everyone :wub2:

I don't do cinnamon either:/

Bastet is a definite, haute macabre is total kick ass if you have it:))

Vixen is all crazy girl power for me, bow and crown is comforting power, interfector is dark dont mess with me,

High John is absolutely the one. Don't worry no cinnamon I promise.

If you were doing TAL I'd say STFU.

And also just as advice, put that face on like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.