Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
azurephoenix

Uncle Brian

UNCLE BRIAN
Chalk on chalkboard, 2012
This is my Uncle Brian. He cut his hair.
Raspberry sherbet dotted with orangesicle, merlot gelato, pink cotton candy, and iced lime.

Uncle Brian

All the bright colors on the label comes through, this is a fruity fun scent! It makes me think of tropical jello or gumballs and on my skin Uncle Brian turns into red vines. It's very nommy. :)

I am totally in love with this. It smells like being a kid in the summer....all the yummy summer treats bottled up! I get the orangesicle and cotton candy more than anything else on me, which I am glad about because Merlot can turn really weird. Kinda curious if these are all things that Brian enjoys himself? In any case, it's a very fun, nommy smell and I am going to wear my bottle out quick once it actually gets warm here in VT <3

In the bottle: It smells like Easter candy and lime to me. Not the chocolate, but like when you eat tons fruit flavored candies, jelly beans, suckers, etc. It is reminding me of a specific candy that I can't place too (maybe it's jelly beans?).

Dry down: Candy sugary goodness, but it becomes more fruity (lime!) and it smells like gummi candy plus cotton candy.

Dry: I can smell raspberry and lime sherbet and cotton candy, the effect of it all blending together is gummi candy (the really good kind) and cotton candy.

This scent is so fun! If you love sweet candy scents I would say you need this. I know some people don't want to smell like candy, but I totally do when I am in the mood for it. I think this is pretty much awesome.

When I got my decants on Monday, this smelled like all sour merlot, all the time, and I was heartbroken. I decided to try it again today and it's wonderful! :wub2:

This starts off with a sweet, creamy mix of lime and orange with a hearty dose of cotton candy. As it dries, I do get the occasional brief whiff of the merlot, still slightly sour but not overwhelming. I get some raspberry, then it dries down to a cotton candy ice cream sort of scent. The throw is pretty light, but this lasts for a few hours. I am definitely hanging onto my decant to see how this ages (and if the merlot behaves) in the next month or so before I decide on a bottle.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Wet: this is strong sugary raspberry sherbet and iced lime. Smells like melted iced treats!

Drydown: this is where it gets good. Smells Like Golletes. Just Like Golletes. Frikkin sweeeet!

bottle(s)* worthy.

*I reserve the right at any time to increase the ordering amount from one bottle to as high as 10,000,000,000.

ETA: increase of policy limit.

Edited by SophieCedar

Sniff from decant: Very fruity and lovely, but not too fruity, just right!!

On Skin: OOH this is lovely!! I smell all the ingredients...orange, raspberry, lime....this so far is going to be a perfect summery scent for those who are not too fond of over foody and sweet scents.

Dry down: low throw, but stays true. Nice and light for a hot summer day. Makes me want to break into a box of popsicles and sit out in the sun!!!!

Uncle Brian could've been a Tiki blend, fruity and bright. I can't identify any notes on their own, but there is definitely something rainbow sherbet-esque about this. Stays close to the skin, which is the only reason I might not order a bottle.

I love this in the vial and on my skin at first, where it smells just like opening up a bag of gummi bears. The drydown is less gummi bears and more a sour lime and powdery orange candy smell, though, which I like a lot less. I also keep thinking that I smell a hint of cinnamon for some reason. Doesn't have much throw on me and only lasts about an hour.

Woah gummy candies!!!

And then, holy cow this smells just like these sour jelly beans I got at Hannford's a few weeks back and it's making my mouth do that thing when you think of sour candies and it kind of waters? (Or is that only me?!?). It doesn't last long but it's so good it's worth the repeated applications.

Fruit, sweet, sugary, SOUR! I LOVE it! I thought I would love Love, but I already have a similar scent from Lush. I thought Happy Baby would be the scent that would be my "summer" scent. But Uncle Brian is going to be my bottle purchase for sure!!!!

Surgery fruity candy! I can't pick out individual fruits, but it's so so sweet! This may be a bottle purchase. I can definitely see where the gummy candy comparisons are coming from. I get that as well.

Creamy fruity sugary candy.

I found the note list for this one very interesting, but I don't really get any of these individual scents. It blends together into a mush of generic candy scent on my skin, unfortunately. I wish I could detect the specific fruits, as I really love raspberry, orange, and lime, but although I get a bit of creamy sherbert/gelato aspect to the scent I don't really pick up on specific flavors.

Both this one and Cykranosh were very candy scents, but I preferred Cykranosh for its better throw and lasting power and more identifiable fruity notes.

Origin: decant circle by Absinthetics

Initial Thoughts: Why the heck not? All that fruit and foody is not normally my thing, but I was getting a bunch of decants anyway. What was one more?

In the Vial: Lime. Lots of it. I can tell that the other notes are in there somewhere, but the lime is strong. It's almost like a strawberry margarita or daiquiri sniffed above the lime wedge. And now I want a drink.

Wet: The sweet of cotton candy emerges to play with the citrus. It's a sugary jumble of candy and fruit.

Drydown: Soft sweet candy with yummy fruit undertones. The only thing that is keeping this from being an instant bottle purchase is because it has so little throw. I am having to mash my wrist to my nose to get a whiff.

Verdict: Must ponder whether the fast fade is worth the lovely scent.

First sniff on skin: "Oooogh" just stress relieve oozing out of me. This is going to get slathered on my SO when I next see him.

This is... Superman sherbet.

Really. There's nothing else to say. It bubbles out right on skin, but is a quick fade. However it has this lasting skin-closeness I like and not a complete fade. And oddly? It's somehow masculine to me. It's not sugar sweet or girly lolipop. It's like ... summer walks on the bike path while your Flintstones push pops melt down your hands.

I'll come back after I snuggle against my SO this summer with this slathered on his neck and let you know how great that goes. It's a very personal scent, so I think he'll appreciate that not everyone gets giant wafts of his fruity. It's a secret fruity.

Initial application is pure yummy creamsicle with a hint of the merlot gelato and the tang of the lime. Sadly, it goes through this awful plastic headache inducing stage but after about an hour it's back to orange creamsicle again. Since the plastic stage is so awful I think I'll just keep my decant and use it in my scent locket.

Iiinteresting.

On my skin wet: Uncle Brian smells like licorice allsorts apparently. Very yummy.

On my skin dry: The orangesicle is the top note now, the merlot, cotton candy and raspberry are in the middle, I can only detect the lime around the edges. I had expected it to be one heck of a morpher because of the merlot but it stays yummy. Nice lot of throw.

A must for candy lovers!

I was going to wait until tomorrow to try this baby but the Cykranosh I was wearing earlier faded completely and I felt like trying something different. Uncle Brian is candy heaven. It smells like candyfloss clouds, sweet powdery sherbert and fruity, creamy deliciousness. This has to be my favourite of any candy blend Beth has ever made. It's delicious in the bottle but after the drydown the scent turns all soft and comforting, remaining pink and sugary and retaining a light citrus kiss. Unicorns must smell exactly like this. It is absolutely gorgeous :wub2:

Merlot and a RUSH OF SWEETNESS, on wet. Definitely fruity.

It dries to a soft marshmallow + fruit candy. Very sweet.

Sweet, candy, playful.

To my nose: Ooooooooohhhh, this is very sweet and yummy! I think it reminds me of Schrodinger's Cat, but that might just be my imagination.

On: I smell cotton candy with a touch of wine and lots of gummy candy. It's bright and fun with fruity and delicious candy scattered all over it. I don't get any raspberry at all, but little whiffs of lime now and then. Mainly it's just this delicious candied sweetness all over it that I like ;)

But it reminds me so much of another BPAL..It must be Schrodinger's Cat, but I can't find my imp to do a comparison. It's hiding somewhere, that sneaky little kitty.

In the end Uncle Brian smelled just like pale yellow Haibo gummy bears, or like elderberries (is it called that?). It only lasted for a couple of hours on my skin, but I really liked it.

Mmmy. Yes, that's how I feel about it. This definitely is going to be one of the summer scents. I bought it more in hopes of it being a scent my boyfriend would like and the image that I got a kick out of telling his nephew I was wearing "Uncle Brian". But, yeah, this is definitely a keeper. Needs more bottles maybe even.

In the bottle it reminded me solely of opening the containers from all of you who add candy to it. The rush of sugary candy and bottled goodness.

First on I got a big hit of lime. It was a fizzier lime, almost 7-upish. Then it faded into a rainbow sherbet and 7-up drink mix. I love to make that. You know, where you mix 7-up, orange juice, and the add a plop of rainbow sherbet in a big punch bowl. Now I want one.

A couple hours later, it's faded to the melted puddle of the sherbet. No more orange or lime. There's a sugary spot that it took me to reading to realize must be the cotton candy. So, it's yummy and gooey, without the sticky mess.

This needs to be worn for the boyfriend. He really likes candy and citrus scents on women, so I'll see how he likes this one. But, I'm really liking this one. Though I do think this will just be a summer scent for me.

Fresh raspberry sherbet at first. It goes kind of creamy, which is a good thing. Although this blend is sweet, the lime tempers it somewhat from being over-the-top tooth-achingly sweet. I love the creaminess of this, and how summery it feels. Although I'm not big on fruity scents as a rule, I really like this, and may spring for a at least a partial or full bottle. It reminds me a bit of Fresh's Brown Sugar. :wub2:

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS ONE!!!:wub2:

In the bottle it's not too impressive, smelling a little weak and sour, with just a hint of something sweet.

Once on the skin, it really takes off. It's just sweet enough with the lime being at the forefront. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to go sour, which happens often with citrus and my skin, so yay! The cotton candy gives this a soft, sweet boost and the raspberry is just barely there along with the merlot. I'm not smelling much of the orange though. The waft on this is amazing and surprising as my skin eats scents typically. This reminds me of the sweet and sour area of candy stores, which happens to be my favorite.

Very happy that I decided to take a risk and get a bottle of this. I'll probably be wearing this one most of the summer.

In the decant: Yummy sweet fruit!

Wet: Same as the cold sniff. :)

The dry-down: If this was a dish of raspberry sherbet with all the goodies, I would want a tablespoon. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

Uncle Brian is a really great one! My favorite Tremulous Song so far, I think. It's sweet and cool and candyish and lovely. Perfect, really.

Uncle Brian is, by far, my favorite of the Pickman Gallery: A Tremulous Song scents, and this wasn't something I had expected at all! :wub2: I am generally not fond of fruity scents, and when I read the description, I thought it sounded like it would be too sweet, but I was curious, so I ended up getting a decant. I am so happy that I did! I now have two bottles, and a third bottle on the way. I'm wondering if that will be enough! :eek:

I can detect all of the notes in the description, and the cotton candy seems to become more prominent over time. This is such a wonderful, summertime scent! :wub2:

Edited by dementia_divine

Raspberry sherbet dotted with orangesicle, merlot gelato, pink cotton candy, and iced lime.

It's been a while since I've written reviews, but I'll try!

I didn't think I would like this, because fruity, colorful sounding scents like this rarely work on my skin - usually they get really sharp and tart smelling, and sort of...generically fruity. This, though, is very different! I am so glad I got to try it at NEWC. :) This scent smells very much like gummi bears in the bottle...but on my skin, it becomes a smoother, lighter-but-with-depth sweetness. It's primarily sherbet and cotton candy, I think, which is a lovely scent combination for summer time. I've been wearing it a lot lately. Definitely worth a try if you're someone who hasn't had luck with fruity scents in the past, but like the idea of this type of scent!