Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KawaiiKai

Summoning Stone Play Structure

SUMMONING STONE PLAY STRUCTURE
Multimedia: sweet condensed milk and food coloring on craft paper, laminated, 2013
This is where I dance and play. And the sky and sun and grass and flowers.
Green grass, white clover, early spring ghost flowers, and wild bloodroot touched by a sweet morning breeze that carries a faint hint of faraway incense.

This is a nice light floral with a hint of grass on me. In the bottle I smell a flash of fresh grass, like tearing a blade of it as a kid. Then it sweetens and reminds me of wheatgrass. On me, it started out as the fresh grass then sweeter, but then I feel I could smell an almost hay scent, almost. But then that was too sweet to be just hay, and I think that's the clover. It breezed into and stayed soft floral. I kept imagining an innocent flower, like a daisy. It kept reminding me of a floral perfume I had some years ago. I finally figured out what it kept reminding me of and that is a discontinued Christian Dior scent "Remember Me." Perhaps there are same notes, maybe hyacinth I keep smelling, or violet leaf?
Whatever, it really has this soft innocence and playfulness. I totally get a child playing outdoors in gorgeous weather! :)

Wet: Grass! Grass, grass, grass. This is just like grass in the early morning the day after it was mown. It's a thick carpet of grass clippings, wet from the dew. The kind of grass that stains your shoes and the bottom of your pants just from walking through it.

Dry: Used dryer sheets (not as strong as unused ones), still warm from the dryer.

I love this scent..

In the bottle its Fresh cut grass. Reminds me of spring or a summer night.

On - It has a sweet floral that isn't overpowering to the senses. Its sweet sophisticated and clean.

Dry - As it dries you can smell hints of grass. You can smell the hints of clover and vague incense.

Some may find it similar to laundry detergent. That is the only con!

Sniffing the bottle I get freshly cut wet grass, a little sweet, very green and herbal. When first applied I lose the grass, but get wildflower meadow, very reminiscent of The East from Stardust, but sweeter and with a lot more throw. On drydown it morphs again and I still get hints of wildflowers wafting a bit around me, but if I sniff my wrist it's a sweet, dry hay smell, likely from the clover, reminiscent of Traipsing Through Crop Circles from a couple years ago. The morph on this is so freaking cool! I basically get a late spring day from dawn to dusk in perfume form.

Sweet flowers and fresh green grass when wet, mellowing to hay and clover after a couple of hours. Sweet but not foody, a very lovely summer scent.

One of the six scents from this line ordered from a decant circle. I wasn't sure if it would work or not ... grass and clover tend to be a game-time decision by my body chemistry, flowers could be anything, breeze is too often laundry-detergent but incense is a favorite. So ... spin the wheel and have some fun!

IN THE IMP: Fresh and outdoorsy and quite lovely, but I get the tiniest hint of something vaguely fruity lurking in the background which has me on guard.

Applied to wrist and into crook of arm.

WET: No fruit. Yay! Grass. Yay! Clover. Yay! It's a lovely spring day, maybe one of those first days of spring when you go out and think "spring!" (at least here in the northeast/mid-Atlantic).

DRYDOWN: The fruit I thought I sensed never appeared again once out of the imp, so a happy false alarm. This is a very pleasant blend. It's fresh, clean and vaguely soapy, which I guess is the laundry detergent others noted ... for me, it's there, but not to a dealbreaker degree. On the other hand, not getting ANY incense at all.

OVERALL: I'm on the fence with this. I like it. I really do like it. It's a lovely scent and definitely lives up to its description. I can't decide if it's something I would reach for in the box so I'm going to let swap list fate decide once I finalize my swap list (sooooo close to being ready to assemble it). It's something I could happily live and wear occasionally. Or possibly regift to my daughter who likes fresh scents too.

On a scale of 1-5, a 3.5 but not a keeper at this point.

I really enjoy this blend. It smells like super GREEN dandelions, especially on wet. As it dries, I get a better comparison to Host of Air, except the bloodroot gives it a bit of spice to it.

Sadly, it then veers into mild detergent territory.

Clean, green, grass.

Green grass and a soapy floral smell that, as others have said, reminds me of laundry detergent. I always like green scents, but I never wear them. I think I'd prefer Summoning Stone Play Structure as a room fragrance.

Lovely green grass with a touch of herbal flowers. This turns to soap, and then practically nothing within 20 minutes. I like the wet stage, but this is a no go.

I love grass and clover notes, so I commissioned a decant of this.

In the vial: Magnificent outdoor field scent; I so hope this one works on me!

Wet: Heathery sort of scent, reminding me of The Host of the Air and similar field type scents. So far, so good.

Hour and a half: Much calmer now, and there's a citrus peel type of note that wasn't there before. I like it very much, but it no longer smells quite so much like grass and clover under the sun.

I didn't get any detergent/laundry scent, though.

This really does do the magic advertised - gives you the green grass and the flowery notes up front, and lets the incense notes come out in a ghostly way a little later on in the drydown.

However, I find I am among the people who turn this into detergent. After a few tests I tried an all-day wearing, at home and not doing much except some cooking and washing dishes. I kept wondering where I had spilled dish detergent on myself and failed to rinse it off. All day. Sadness.

Creamy grass and a hint of incense. Dries down to grassy detergent a nice summer scent.

This screamed ‘green’ to me, so I had to try it. And it’s a lovely blend for summer. Fairly consistent from wet to dry on me - green, bright, sweet grass and clover, a touch of clean linen. Maybe a hint of sandalwood in the background for that incense. A refreshing, playful scent. No laundry, though it doesn't last very long on me - not a problem as I happily re-apply.

Another surprise win for me! I tend to be leery of grass notes because sometimes they come out as ridiculously strong grass clippings on me, but not in this case. This is like the scent of fresh grass (not the lawnmower clippings kind), clover and sheer florals wafting in on a cool breeze. I don’t really get much incense, I think it blends in with the hint of sweetness from the floral notes. It’s perfectly and makes me feel like I’m perpetually outside in the middle of a wide-open field, even if it’s actually raining out.

In the decant: Many, many white florals and fresh-cut grass.

Wet: Much as when sniffed, but a touch of a fresh sweetness from the clover and the ozone.

The dry-down: Not a morpher. I like it, since it has my beloved ozone. :

In the bottle - Grass sap and I would have said sharp green apples

Wet on me - Mostly freshly cut grass with a hint of sweetness

Dry on me - A soft green scent that disappears

Overall - Very faint really

The green freshness of this scent reminds me of Gibbous Moon. It has a powdery sweetness from the fresh floral notes, I'd be surprised if linden blossom wasn't a main component. The clover/hay note is lightly musky. I really like the subtletly of the grass.

Retesting my decants from the Pickman's Gallery 2013 (Lilith's drawings)..

Sweet green grass and light floral's in the decant - the "feel" of it reminded me of Happy Baby! On, it was floral grassiness, with a hint of cologne..

As it dried, it became a traditional "perfume" scent. Several hours later, it is now a very faint, "fresh" scent; depending on how much I move (body heat increasing/decreasing) I get wafts of grass, or grassy floral, or fresh "perfume".. Interesting Spring scent, but I'm glad I didn't get a big bottle during the release, as it would not be used.

ETA - Because I apparently cannot complete all my sentences..

Edited by pervs-toy

I got a decant from this when it was new and I didn't care much for it. Today I went through a box of old decants and tried it again. I really really like it now. It must be the ageing, it may have been sharper before, I don't know. Now it's a fresh grassy scent to me with a soft amberlike note way in the back. A bit floral, but more grass than flowers. There has been a bit of rain but that is over now and it only made the scents fresher. Something like that.

ETA: Argh, that didn't last long. After a few hours it started to scream 'aquatic' at me. So that's why I never wore it after the first test.

Edited by Zorra

There's gentle florals here, but more than anything the grass note rules here. Simple but pretty! Very springy. Must try for fans of grassy scents.