Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Rapunzel in Ballpoint

RAPUNZEL IN BALLPOINT
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab promotional ball-point pen on copier paper, 2012
I love Rapunzel. She's a nice person and laughs a lot. My hair is like Rapunzel's, only it's brown.
Sparkly apple musk.

Rapunzel in Ballpoint

This starts off with green apple, backed up with one or more soft musks. It very much reminds me of Snow Glass Apples, minus the snow/ice/mint note. Now as its drying, the green apple backs off and the musks stay light and a bit powdery. I'm quite enjoying this scent so far. :wub2:

ETA: After letting this settle for a few days, I've noticed it's more apple-y and less musky. The musk is soft and clean, not powdery now. Edited by TheIceMaiden

This starts off with green apple, backed up with one or more soft musks. It very much reminds me of Snow Glass Apples, minus the snow/ice/cold note. Now as its drying, the green apple backs off and the musks stay light and a bit powdery. I'm quite enjoying this scent so far. :wub2:

:GoodPost: This sums up my scent experience with this decant. It's a light, green apple musk...and I can actually visualize the sparkles when first applied. And it is definitely related to the apple note in Snow Glass apples...just without the snow/mint note. Not so powdery on me when dry...it actually dries to a nice green apple soap. More like a green apple peel soap. I love it...but I don't think I need a full bottle of this one. Maybe a partial though? :think:

Wet, This smells like a simpler version of Glittering Apple of the Stars.

Dry, This smells exactly like this green apple scented shampoo I used to use when I was a kid. Exactly. I'm about seven years old sniffing this. I used to bathe before I went to sleep so my hair was always wet when I laid down and my pillow always smelled like this. I'll be keeping the decant just for the nostalgia.

OOh... this is nice!

In Bottle: Sweet, crisp green apple! Not too strong, not too weak

On Skin: Have to agree with the above...it is like a softer version of Snow, Glass, and Apples and it is holding hands with Poisoned Apple! :) S,G,& A on me was too strong, and P.A. went weird on me, but so far, this one is a nice true apple-y musk.

Dry Down: Fades a little, but that is ok. I think this is a very nice summery scent. Especially for those who don't want anything too fruity, pale, or flowery, but has a little kick to it! :D

This went a little off on me when I first put it on -- appley but in an overripe way. Luckily, that passed and it started smelling great. I was huffing my arm all afternoon.

I don't think I'm going to get a full bottle of this, though. I have a bottle of Salma, which is not as strong, a little more complex and is probably better for everyday wear. When I want IN YO FACE APPLE, I'll pull out this decant.

Hmmm..this goes sharp green tart apple on me. Like apple skins and stems, not juicy flesh. Its actually under-ripe green apples... Strange!

In the vial and wet on my skin, this is a stripped down, simple effervescent apple that I get in Glittering Apples of the Stars. I really like it. Unfortunately, the bubbly quality fades quickly, and the whole scent is gone from my skin in about an hour. Really pretty, but I'll stick to my glittering apples.

First applied, this is straight up ZOMGWTF green apple, with a bitter undertone to me. Maybe it's the musk, but I amp the hell out of this for the first hour or so it's on my skin, but then it fades down into a softer, sweeter apple and the bitterness disappears, replaced by a hint of something more candlescent-fruity. Having loved apple-scented shampoo as a kid, this is a really fun scent memory.

wet: strong sharp bright crisp tart green apple.

dry: it's less sharp and strong, but still realistic tart green apple.

It doesn't last long on my skin and doesn't have much throw.

Yeah, this is like SGA without the sex or the vampire. Nice and simple, but the throw is poor and it fades fast.

All of the scents I've tried so far from the Tremulous Song series are really light and don't have much throw or staying power on me. Rapunzel in Ballpoint is a light, soapy green apple. It smells like the lab's apple blossom single note to me. Doesn't even last a full hour on my skin.

As others have said, this is a sharp green apple. There is something underneath, which I'm assuming is the musk, but it smells a little metallic to me. The throw is pretty light. I'll be keeping the imp, but don't need a bottle. It's a bummer, 'cause I had hopes for this one!

Tart green apple.

There honestly isn't much to say about this one other than that. It goes on very bright and almost sour, but as it dries the apple softens into more of a fleshy soft apple scent which is I guess the musk blending in, but I don't get anything musky really either.

It's very simple and not overly sweet, but I have a lot of apple blends that are more complex and interesting to wear, in my opinion.

i absolutely adore SGA... and i admit i had really high hopes for this one.

and she smells delicious in the bottle. but on my skin? within seconds this delicious apple (but not the icky sour green apple or apple shampoo or hairspray scent ) goes straight to rancid pears with cedar shavings.

mecry.gif

Origin: decant circle by Absinthetics

Initial Thoughts: I have several apple scents that I enjoy, like Glittering Apple of the Stars, Snow Glass Apples, and Punkie Night. This sounded like it could be a similar scent to Glittering Apple, which I only have one bottle of right now.

In the Vial: Heh, this is pretty much a Golden Delicious apple in the vial, with the sweet and the tart playing tag.

Wet: Ah, the musk is apparently on the darker side of the scale, because here comes the amp. However, there is still an apple-y undertone as the musk washes over all.

Drydown: Darn. Something is going a little nasty somewhere in here, causing a bit of rankness. On me it's mostly musk and some apple and that unpleasant trace of whatever.

Verdict: I might keep the decant for scent locket purposes, but I have other apple scents that like my skin better.

apple apple apple and then a whisper of musk, it really does smell sparkly somehow :luv2:

I am so disappointed. I love SGA, and desperately wanted this to be something like the scent that is the bane of my life trying to find decants/bottles of. UUUURGGGGH. It's just shitty apples. You can quote me on that, swearing and all. Shitty. Apples. :evil:

Appleappleapple. Green apple. Dries down to extremely green apple, rather sharp green apple.

LOVE IT! I'm a huge fan of apples and this is a nice green apple. It has a bit of fizzy to it, I think that's the musk. I wore this on my pulse points and Poisoned Apple on my neck. It was an amazing apple combo. Sadly, RiB faded away after an hour on my skin and left poor PA wondering where her new friend went. I'll probably pick up another decant of this and use them just for my scent locket. Hopefully it'll last longer that way. I really, really wanted a bottle of this. :(

Lots of apple at first, no 'sparkle' or musk on me. Dries to a sweet apple, pretty much like the boxes of apple juice. This blend is rather bland on me.

I love apple scents, so I'm glad that I went straight for a bottle!

This is definitely a green apple. It goes on pretty strong for the first hour or so, and though the throw isn't as strong after that, the scent itself didn't fade on me, and I still got whiffs of it throughout the day. Last time I wore this scent, it lasted for at least 10 hours on me. My boyfriend said that it reminded him of apple-flavored candy. I can see the apple-flavored candy comparison, although this blend does not smell like an artificial apple scent to me.

I don't get any soapiness from this blend, and I think it will be a great summer scent!

Fairly effervescent upon application. I've only sniffed SGA once so I can't draw comparisons personally, but I have Glittering Apple of the Stars, and I agree that this is a simpler version of that one. This is moist green apple with a definite musk base.. it begins to amp once it dries down and the effect is just kinda funky.. I love musk but the effect here is more like a muddying of each note, rather than the whole being more than the sum of the parts. Disappears quickly. Nice, but a bit too simple for me.

Yep, Rapunzel in Ballpoint is simple, straightforward, and just as described: lots of tart green apple with a hint of fizz. Pretty! Definitely worth keeping my decant, but I think I prefer Salma for my green apple fix.

Strong green apple with a whiff of pineapple overlay + musk on wet. It dries to a sugary, green apple musk blend that is very simple.

Especially compared to Snow Glass Apples (which is the best green apple blend IMO) or Glittering Apple of the Stars.

Simple, green, apple.

To my nose: Tart green apples. That's the only thing in here!

On: Mmmmmmhhh! Juicy, fresh green apples. From one angle it smells like applejuice and from another it smells like apple scented-fabric softener. That's perfectly fine by me since I love that fabric softener. It's not sparkly or fizzy on me, which is a little sad. It might work to layer this with a sparkly scent? I need to try it with Bon Vivant, get some more sweetness in here. Very happy that the apple is fresh and not baked, because my skin doesn't really like baked apple for some reason.

After 45 minutes Rapunzel has already started to fade :C

After 4 hours I couldn't smell Rapunzel any longer. Sadly it's the weakest out of the four scents I tried from this collection. But it's a really nice and tart green apple, just how I wanted it to be.