Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
windbourne

Cykranosh

CYKRANOSH
Construction paper and glue, 2013
My Saturn has all the rings.
Sour gummi bears, cherry cordial, and apricot preserves.

Cykranosh

I am impressed at how accurate this is to the notes, at least on initial sniff and application. Seriously, slightly crunchy sour gummi bears with a gooey cherry blop and some sticky apricot on top. As it dries, the apricot and cherry execute a martial take over and the sour crunchy nose-feel (what) dissolves into a melted candy goo.

I'm enjoying this rather a lot, though I have to admit it seems to disappear awfully fast. I've noticed that with other apricot notes before, though; it's such a top note, and if it doesn't have something to ground it, the perfume just kind of vaporizes. After about a half-hour it's mostly sugary cherry candy, with about the throw of a scratch'n'sniff sticker. It's a little plasticky, but I don't mind.

If you were dressing as the cherry-themed Sugar Rush racer from Wreck-It Ralph, you would want to douse yourself liberally in this perfume.

This is the mildest and most comforting sugary scent Beth has ever come up with. None of the components are "loud". Everything smells soft. The gummi bears smell like the tiny bears you find for kids, the apricot preserves are slightly sweet, and the cordial just whispers in this scent. Each note blends beautifully on my skin. This is a partial bottle purchase for me. It is simply lovely and not too overbearing. :wub2: This is what I imagine a little girl would smell like after using one of those fruity/sweet shampoos! :D

This is quite a cute scent. It starts off lots of what smells like grape to my nose, plus some cherry and a little apricot. AS it dries, I briefly get a sour citrus note, then it settles into sugary gummy candy. This really does smell like sniffing a bag of gummi bear candy!! It's not something I'll need a full bottle of, but I'll gladly keep my decant. :wub2:

I'm an amper of cherry, and it looks like Cykranosh will fall victim. I get mostly sweet cherry, though, so in fairness the other notes must be tempering the usual cough-syrup undertones. This is nice and it seems to last, but I don't know if I need more than a decant.

This was my favorite of the scents that I tried in this update.

It definitely has a gummi candy vibe, it's almost wet and chewy in texture. Unlike some other candy scents, that can get a bit muddled, the cherry and apricot are definitely noticeable and can be easily identified in this one. The cherry here is very nice, not particularly cough syrup at all, and reminds me a little of the cherry in Gothabilly, a dark candied cherry. The apricot is sweet and almost creamy, and despite being a candy scent I don't find this one overwhelmingly sugary.

I found that a lot of the scents I tried in this update seemed to have relatively low throw and quick fade, but this one was still going strong on my skin when I woke up in the morning after dabbing on a test patch a couple hours before bed.

I'm not sure if I'd ever use up a full bottle, but a partial might be highly welcome. :)

Very sour on my skin. Powdery. Not for me, but smells incredibly true to the notes listed.

This is pretty much what I hoped for - cherry gummi bears. It definitely has a powdery undertone to it, which is fine really because the scent is quiet and innocent overall anyway. On the drydown, the 'gummi' note really flies and I do truly smell like a great big bag of candy. This is delicious and an awesome, original scent but I'm only going to need the one bottle. Yum!

My vet's office uses a cherry scented cleaner that smells exactly like this. Fake, and it really doesn't have very pleasant associations for me. It does get muskier with time, but the initial stages are a too reminiscent of vet's visits to make me want to ever put this on my skin again.

Cherry gummi bears. Literally, cherry, sugary and a chewiness that come only come from toothsome confections. \

It smells boozier as it dries, which is the cherry cordial aspects really sort of taking over.

Cherry, red, sugary.

Cykranosh reminds me of cherry cough syrup at first, but dries down to sugary maraschino cherry with an almost musky/powdery undertone. It's too sweet for me, and it fades quickly. Only lasts about an hour total on my skin.

In the decant: Very sour cherries, a hint of apricot, but also something like what some offices and stores clean with. That's not a promising start. :(

Wet: Less disinfectant and more sweet.

The dry-down: Sour cherry gummy bears. Great scent for a little girl, perhaps. Not sure where the apricot preserves scurried off to. Still not sure why I ordered this, as it's not my thing.

This smells like pure happiness! It's impossible to wear this and be gloomy. It reminds me of the sugary sweetness of the girly pink toys from when I was a kid. Very nostagic. Very, very adorable. I <3 this so hard! Got my back-up bottle in today so I can never be without :)

In the bottle - Cherry flavoured bubblegum

Wet on me - Soft almonds (I guess it's the cherry but it really does smell like almonds) with a tart undertone and still just a hint of bubblegum

Dry on me - It disappears quite rapidly leaving a faint fruity sweetness

Overall - Disappears quickly