Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ranna

Miss Forcible

A classic vintage musk.

I love Miss Forcible! It fits the theme perfectly. It smells exactly like a sweet little elderly lady, drinking tea and surrounded by dishes of ancient, rock-hard butterscotch candies. It reminds me a bit of Smut. It's Smut's kind, doting great-grandmother. I think it's quite foody, and very unusual. When it's first applied it can smell a touch sour and maybe a bit too "elderly" for my tastes. But as it dries it sweetens and it ends up with an undertone of vanilla coca-cola. It actually ends up smelling like cookies with the barest hint of cinnamon! It's quite comforting.

I have to agree with the comment about this smelling like an old lady's purse!

Imagine a wee old lady, whom before her morning run to the store sprays on her bottle of vintage musk. Inside her purse holds all those candies offered to you in large bowls in shops, or with your bill in a resturant. Buttery Cookies, mints, and a hidden liquorice you would love to eat but cannot find in the havoc of your purse!

This smells like a dupe of Antique Lace to me. It lasts ages too. No cookies or anise. I wouldn't mind if they showed up though. Very grateful that this smells nothing like an old lady to me.

This smells like a tangy tea to me, with a hint of scone. It doesn't smell old-ladyish to me, but it does smell like a refined tea party. (with a hint of debauchery--the wit of Lord Henry with Dorian Gray, the crazy talk of which "founding father you fancy" at Emily Gilmore's DAR gathering. The semblance of propriety with a bit of a naughty side). The musk is there, but hidden way, way down.

I've loved the reviews of this scent. And I have to laugh, because having smelled many an old purse (old lady or my own), there's a stale smell to those completely lacking here. This is lovely! It's not a young scent, but it's ageless. At least to me :).

Also, I want to try layering it with Miss Spink sometime...when I go from scent to scent, each seems to brighten the other.

I adore this when wet - it's like a sugared skin musk, and it's lovely. But it fades so quickly! It's still lovely, just not very strong. This is what I wish my skin naturally smelled like. I just don't think it's strong enough for me to warrant buying a bottle. But I love it, so I am torn.

I got Miss F. from a forum purchase, age unknown, and she is a sleeper hit for me. It's a simple scent, and has fairly low throw. It's gone into heavy rotation since I got it.

When first applied, Miss F. smells like brown sugar on me. After dry-down, it's a delicate musk, very sweet, with the barest hint of anise cookies. I do not detect any tea. It's a subtle scent, and it's filling a fragrance niche I didn't know I had.

First, Miss Forcible starts out as heavy Anise.

Then she morphs in to a sweet tea and caramel butter cookie scent! I put her on a few hours ago and I'm getting wafts of caramel cookies every few minutes. It's glorious.

I would have tea with Miss F any tI'm and try her cookies!

Wet: Buttery baked goods!

Dry: Noooo, anise go away! I couldn't detect it during the wet stage, but it's definitely there now. It's very much a foodie anise scent. Anise flavored pastries, maybe.

Also... didn't detect any vintage musk at all. During either stage. Go figure!

Ok.  I officially love both Forcible's, so I'magonna do a compare/contrast real quick. 

The real Miss Forcible is indeed, a lovely musk prominent blend on me, but there's a faintly foody undertone of delicate anise cookies like the one in Tag Upon Avon.  It's sugary, and becomes more prominent as it sits on my skin.  The musk element is nice and reminds me of the "porcelain musk" in Pediophobia and Mr. Croup.  It's  dry and light, different than "white musk", a little bit weightier, but in the same ball park.  I'm not really getting any vanilla.  Just sweetness.

Now... the Other Miss Forcible... Oh Wow!  She's lovely at first, and this is part of the genius of the fragrance.  I tried the original Miss Forcible first, a while back, and procured a bottle.  I'm only now trying the Other one, and upon initial sniff and application, I thought - Man.... I bought the wrong one.  This Other Miss Forcible is even more amazing.  She starts out fabulously buttery and sweet, but not so much as to overload this non-foody.   The musk is darker.  The anise is more prominent.  While the original has a prim feel, this one is smexy and delicious.  But then... THEN! 

Something smells.... not... quite... right.... 

The notes degenerate into cacophony.  There's a weird chemical undertone?  I think possibly the note the lab uses for it's "plastic" effect.  As a perfume it's not wholly unpleasant, but it's jarring and strange.  This phase lasts maybe ten minutes on me before the fragrance settles down and reassembles into a gentle spicy sweet scent with a touch of butter and vanilla.  The final phase is totally wearable and very different from the original Miss Forcible.  

Anywho... It's a really fun olfactory journey.  I might have to grab an "Other" at some point, but for now, I shall enjoy my bottle of the original, and lovely, Miss Forcible.  

As a side note - My best friend has two cats named Miss Forcible and Miss Spink, and I very much think they deserve their own scents, in case the lab ever wants to make an Other OTHER Miss Forcible and Miss Spink in their honor.

I tried The Other Miss Forcible year's ago, without having gotten to try the original scent first, so I was interested in seeing how the two compare.

While The Other Miss Forcible smelled like sticky buns in a cobweb-strewn old lady's house, the original scent smells like an old woman that has just come home from a night out at the theater. She has adorned herself with an array of fabrics and doused herself liberally in a classic floral musk to ensure her presence is noticed whenever she enters a room. She invites you into her home, and as she throws off her scarf, you can smell the perfume on it as it flies through the air and crumples onto the couch. She sits across from you in a tall, old chair and tells you to help yourself to the candy that's sitting in a glass jar on the table. When you go to open the jar, you notice that there's a layer of dust on it, and all of the hard candy within is stuck together. You manage to pry one candy away from its brethren and pop it in your mouth, but alas! It is licorice-flavored! You make yourself eat it because you are determined to be polite, but the scent of the anise along with the strong musk is a little too much for you. She extends an invitation for tea next week, which you gladly accept, because she's a really nice lady, and you enjoy chatting with her, even though you wish she'd apply her perfume with a lighter hand. You decide that next time, you'll forego the candy jar and bring over some baked goods for the occasion.

Miss Forcible's fragrance perfectly befits her character, although the anise and musk combo are not for me.

Edited by doomsday_disco