Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ranna

Miss Forcible

A classic vintage musk.

In the bottle: Baked goods, sweet and buttery. I wasn't expecting this to be so foody!

On wet: Smells just like it did in the bottle. As it dries down I can just pick up hints of tea. Still no sign of musk, though.

On dry: There isn't much change from start to finish. Now that it's been dry about an hour or so I'm getting a soft and sweet foody scent. The tea is just barely there. It's not at all what I expected, but I'm planning on hanging on to my bottle - I got it in just a few days ago, and I suspect as it settles down and ages I'll be able to pick up more of the musk. I'll probably experiment with layering this with musky scents like Smut and see if I can get something with a little more oomph.

Much sweeter than I expected. I expected more musky perfume with a hint of foodiness. However this is very sweet and doesn't change much from bottle to skin even into dry down.

This smells like anise cookies on me! It lasts forever on me I could smell it when I woke up the next day. I want to let this settle a bit before rehoming, but right now it doesn't seem to be a scent I would wear frequently.

I was excited to try a decant of this, but not at all sure if it would agree with me. I'm fairly recent to the world of enjoying musks, and didn't really have a sense of what "vintage musk" would smell like, plus buttery foodie scents and tea don't always agree with me.

Wet I got a distinct cookie scent, but not so buttery that it turned me off. I got an instant sense of what vintage musk means, and the tea added, if anything, a briskness.

Early in the drydown I got the same sense of anise cookies littlebeky describes. It's more anisey than many scents I have with anise as a listed note. I love anise cookies, so this was not a hardship.

Eventually the cookies took more of a back seat (fine with me) and I get a very clean-smelling musk. It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite non-BPAL perfumes, Bastet's Amber from NA. This was a strong scent, too, lasted through the night and into the next morning.

Not sure yet if this is something I will turn to, but definitely keeping the decant and plan to give it more wear to see.

Purse candy - butterscotches and black licorice from the bottom of an older lady's purse. This one is very foody, I hardly get any musk and no tea at all, which is disappointing.

This is a simple review for me, and a weirder sentence I'll never write: Miss Forcible smells like my dad.

This is a simple review for me, and a weirder sentence I'll never write: Miss Forcible smells like my dad.

This made me laugh so hard! Initially, the cookies and the musk are in a slugfest to see who shall reign supreme. I get the sense of anise that others mention, but I'm not sure if it's from the baked goods or something dark and assertive in the musk. Eventually, musk pounds biscuit into utter oblivion. Tea must be in the nosebleed seats because it never even makes it into the ring. But enough with the terrible analogies! This ends up smelling like straight dude. Hai karate wearing, sweaty chested dude.

UPDATE: So I slathered this on the unsuspecting boy (manliest guy I know) and there is definitely anise in the mix. He was not a happy camper but I actually thought it smelled very warm and foxy on him once everything settled down. Maybe Miss Forcible has a risque hidden past.....

Edited by Jennifurious

In bottle: I’d swear this contains anise and something along the lines of burnt sugar or molasses. It smells a lot like the anise cookies my great aunts used to make at Christmas. It does have a little musk to it, but I’d call this old fashioned foodie. It’s wonderful. I loved my great aunts and this does smell like Christmas eve at their house, but it’s so not like the description I’m wondering if there was some sort of mix up. Wet: The anise is even stronger on the skin and the butter cookie feel is also stronger. My family called them something different, but the Internet suggests the Italian version is called “Pizzelles.” Seriously, this smells like fresh baked pizzelles to me, with a took of musk. If this is really the right oil in the decant, I want a bottle very much. I do not see how this is ‘vintage musk’ but I’m willing to pretend. Dry: It still smells of Pizzelles, but it is more plausibly an “old fashioned musk after a while. I really like this.

This is a very foody scent on me, it starts out as sweet, buttery scent and initially it reminds me of sweeter and muskier version of Bread & Butter-fly. I don't get any tea from this at all or any of the anise that other people mention. As it dries and settles on my skin I can detect a lovely musk scent in the background, which must be the vintage musk. Overall, a lot foodier (I don't think that's even a word) than I was expecting.

Unfortunately, this one made me sad. Miss Forcible is just as described above--foody, buttery, anise cookie. I was really hoping for a vintage musk, but alas...for me there is no musk at all here. :cry2:

Well, surely there is cookie, right at the top, but then the amazing wonderful musk, wow. I love this. It is a very classic musk, reminding me as did the Siberian Musk SN of Kheil's old Musk, however I find this richer and more substantial than the SN.

Edit This and The Other Miss Forcible are now my go to blends, along with Playful Wooden Mallets. I can smell this anytime of day or night, it's just gorgeous. I can't decide which one I like better, but The Other lives in my purse, so it may be that one.

Edited by stellamaris

Cookies.

Not a sugary-sweet cookie, particularly, but buttery and heavy. I definitely agree with the reviews that have said anise, which was unexpected. I don't get any tea at any point, but as it dries the butter relaxes a bit and it starts to smell more musky, but more of a dark musk than a light musk.

I guess I was sort of hoping this would be a bit foodier and muskier Dorian, but it's certainly not that.

Reminds me a lot of Bread-and-Butterfly but there is also a heavy alcoholic note here. Miss Forcible has been drinking lots of sherry apparently.

The slightly-burnt gingerbread scent lightens after a while and the 'vintage musk' comes out. The booze note is still there though much like when you spritz an alcohol-based perfume.

Not for me this one. Maybe it'll age into awesomeness but so far it smells rather sharp and unpleasantly fermented.

Hmm, smells a lot like Butterscotch Balls & Black Beetles, only a tad lighter and without the dirt.

Strong, buttery anise. No musk. Nothing like I expected.

In bottle: old fashioned vintage musk. There is a floral note in here, but I cant really pinpoint what kind--and a prominent note for me is a kind of oatmeally note, or at least that's what the scent smells like for me.

Wet on skin: musk, a deep and low floral note, and oatmeal. It's really weird, I keep trying to think of what other notes this has for me, but I always just keep going back to oatmeal. It melts into my skin, gets faint as it dries. It's nice, if simple; I'd probably want to test this against the RPG line's Neutral and see where that goes.

Dry: this really melds with one's scent, I think, and reminds me of how Buck Moon felt like on me. I suppose, given that the primary note here is musk, that should be expected--to really interact with your own skin chemstry. On me, this is very understated, but not "faint". Instead of the oatmeal note, I'm getting a hint of coffee instead. Go figure--just be prepared for a foodie note of some sort, I suppose?

Verdict: this is something that I think everyone needs to try out on their skin first. It's not drastically different on my skin versus the bottle scent, but it's different enough; when I sniffed the bottle quite a few days after, I wondered why I even thought of retesting, it is quite far from what I like to wear. Now that I'm rewriting this review, I think I should go and do another skin test, and decide from there.

This really is a morpher :thud:

In the bottle I get vintage musk, but this changes immediately on my skin to sweet pastry. The musk creeps out a little once it's dry, but for the next couple of hours this really reminds me of how my Grandma used to smell - biscuits and musk (she used to work in a cake shop). After that the pastry goes and I get a quite strong dark musk, which is not for me at all.

There's quite a lot of throw on this, I much prefer the version that wafts rather than sniffing close up.

i love the idea of vintage musk but the biscuit bits, not so much...as usual they turn rancid and weird smelling on me. but with a hint of something like white musk!

I'm surprised at how much I like Miss Forcible. It's like the smell of cosmetics powders (lightly scented with sweet violet and creamy vanilla) and a faded hint of womanly perfume mixed with hints of anise and sweet spice cookies. I really like the vanilla-y tones.

I was afraid that this would be cookies + sharp musk, like someone poured perfume over baked goods, but this is a pleasant, soft, warm, well blended, complex scent on my skin. I think it's reminding me slightly of L de Lolita Lempicka (which I prefer to this scent, but I still really like Miss Forcible).

I love the mix of sweet & comforting elements paired with the sophisticated, womanly perfume notes. Sometimes it's a bit too much on the sweet cinnamon on my skin (making me feel more like it's a room fragrance/potpourri), but I still like it.

This scent reminds me of my grandmother, in the best possible way. Wearing this is like getting a hug from her <3. I'll keep my partial bottle if only for that connection.

Weird. This smells like musk - with an overlay of cookies and a base of anise-seed.

Dark, perfumey, older.

My partner loves this one on me. He says it smells both classy and bawdy. I didn't know what I thought of it at first-it took me several wearings before I "got" it. Fresh, I found it thin and disjointed, the tea and anise were shrill and demanding, the cookies buttery but crumbly. Wearing it, though, it softens into the skin and becomes nuzzley and sweet, powdery enough to smell like a classic perfume, weird enough to be modern, and edible enough to be sexy. It's not the vintage musk I was hoping for, but I'm keepin' this ol'broad!

Edited by lookingglass

I was expecting something like Psychological Horror, which I consider to be a classic musk. Here we're getting baked goods right off, which is off-putting to me. There's a musk alright, but there's also something fresh, like tea. So tea, baked goods and musk. This is a disaster on me.

oh, and there is definitely something anise-like here as zz pointed out.

In the decant: Baked goods! Super foody, with maybe just a liiiittle bit of musk. No tea.

On skin, wet: Still extremely foody, and the musk is just a background note. Still no tea.

On skin, dry: Same, but the musk has come back a little stronger. Now it smells basically the same as it did in the decant.

After an hour: The foody cakey note is by far the strongest, and the musk and tea just don't make enough of an impression to differentiate between this and my other bakery scents. So, very nice, but not a keeper for me.

Got this lady in a decant circle a few months ago and I just realized I haven't tested her yet, haha.

In the imp: Straight up anise cookies.

Wet: Yummy, buttery cookies with a hint of anise. I love bakery blends so I'm really digging this. :P

Drydown: The anise... hmm, how do I describe this? It brightens up and smells sweeter. It's still anise but it's not as anisey??? Like, that licorice smell is more subtle. Overall the blend is still delicious butter cookies with crisp golden-brown edges, gently flavored with anise.

Dry: Mostly the same except I'm finally catching that musk now. It's pretty light and blends pretty nicely with the cookies.

I really like this! I don't know if a bottle is in order, but this imp is going to get plenty of use. :D

I ordered this one because of the disappointed reviews it got here. Bread-and-butter-fly is one of my favourites, so anything that gets compared to that is going to end up on my must-have list. True to form, I absolutely adore Miss Forcible.

It's like an older lady's purse. An older lady who always smells like some ancient and mild musk that rubs off on everything eventually. An older lady who reads smutty novels and keeps them shoved in her purse, along with an open packet of butter cookies. These are priorities I can get behind.

I aspire to be that older lady. And thus I embrace Miss Forcible with love and joy.