All shrines that were Vestal are flameless,
But the flame has not fallen from this;
Though obscure be the god, and though nameless
The eyes and the hair that we kiss;
Low fires that love sits by and forges
Fresh heads for his arrows and thine;
Hair loosened and soiled in mid orgies
With kisses and wine.

White honey, warm musk, and ambrette seed.

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

This is seriously amazing. Ah-may-zing! I put on way too much, because I couldn't tell how much was coming out at first. There's nothing wet or greasy about the gloss as you put it on. I've got pretty long hair and I put on about 6 squirts, which is WAY too much. I can't regret it, though, since I'm totally in love.

I definitely smell the honey and it's a sweeter, lighter honey than I've gotten from other blends. And the ambrette adds a little bite to the blend. But the musk ties it all together and really makes it pop. The honey is the dominant note for me, but I definitely get the other two ingredients.

And it lasts forever! I was distracted all day at work, because I smelled so good. It was still there when I went to sleep. :)

Though a bit of caution for people who get powder from honey or amber blends... One of my co-workers said it smelled like baby powder. I don't get that at all, but... Other people may get that. Sorry!

This gloss is so amazingly awesome! :heart:

This is my first BPTP hair gloss, so besides looking forward to how it would smell, I was also looking forward to the effect it would have on my hair. I used it last night right after I got out of the shower and when I dried my hair, my hair was so much more manageable than usual. I have very thick, naturally wavy hair so it can be a pain to style! My hair looked and felt so much smoother once it was dry. Then this morning I added a bit to my dry hair to help tame my bedhead. Worked like a charm!

And the smell? So so so soooooo good. :wub2: The honey is certainly dominant, but it isn't cloying. The musk and ambrette add gorgeous depth. Overall it's just so beautiful and sultry, and the staying power is great- I can still smell it!

So glad I have a bottle!

[3/21/13 edit]

So I've been wearing this consistently since I've gotten it and oh my god, it keeps getting better. :heart: When I first tested it the honey was rich, deep gold in color, and thick- very nice, albeit a bit heavy- but with subsequent uses the honey has become whiter and sweeter. I like it better than it was initially! It's going to fantastic when the weather finally warms up!

Edited by tharsei-thanate

This was my first foray into BPTP hair glosses. When I read the description, I couldn't pass it up. I've been growing my hair out over the past year, and it's finally long enough for me to want to do things with it (a little past shoulder length). My hair shafts are thin and fine, but I have a lot of it. It's a kind of wonky wavy/straight without enough wave to do more than bend in weird directions and not straight enough to look good without styling. It's very easy for styling product to weigh my hair down and make it look lank and greasy, and I usually have to wash it every day or put it up on day two for it to be at all presentable.

The scent is incredible. Pure, sexy goodness. This is the honey of O, sticky and unrepentant in its sexuality (though not its texture). The musk is warm and alluring. There's a slightly nutty quality underneath it all I can't describe well but that brings it together.

I sprayed one squirt into my palm and rubbed my hands together before glossing this over wet hair straight out of the shower. Once my hair was dry, I did the same thing, focusing more on the ends than the roots. VERY happy to say my hair didn't look even slightly greasy. The hair shafts themselves seemed a little thicker and a lot more manageable. No flyaways, no weird, wonky flips and bends. My hair behaved itself without mousse or spray and didn't look like a stringy mess by the end of the day. It was tangle free.

The magic happened overnight, though. First of all, the scent lasted forever and was faint on my pillow the next morning. For the first time ever with my hair this length I was able to get up, brush it, and go out without being forced to put it up or wash it again. It looked good, healthy and shiny. It behaved all day. I hope they never discontinue the hair gloss, because I've finally found a product that works with my hair with minimal application or fuss and actually seems to improve the texture. THANK YOU BPTP! I think I'll finally learn to love my hair.

This scent is orgasmic. :thud: It reminds me of O, Le Petit Mort, and Womb Furie, but it's not a dupe for any of them. The honey is intense, but clear and slightly fruity. The warm, swirling musk is rich and comforting. It's ridiculously sensual, but not aggressive. Perfect, perfect, perfect. I feel precisely as if my hair has been loosened (if not soiled) in mid-orgy. :lol:

ETA: This lasts SO MUCH LONGER than the other hair gloss I have (White Tea & Sage). I know this is a stronger scent by nature, but it's a huge difference. WT&S is completely gone less than half an hour after using it. Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid-Orgies lasted for 36 hours, in different incarnations. The development seems to go like this:

Application: Amazeballs. More foody than it later becomes, I smell something like sweet almond and myrrh in with the whipped, frothy honey. Strong enough to turn the entire bathroom into a magical wonderland for awhile.

Drying (I put this on freshly washed wet hair, let it sit for awhile and then blow dry it): Also wonderful. The heat seems to burn off that initial almond smell and really excite the musk instead. I could see how this part could (could) be baby-powdery to an untrained nose. Because the musk is quite dry and "fluffy" and a bit reminiscent of a light amber. But it's crazy sexy. I mean CRAZY SEXY.

The next 24 hours and possibly beyond: This is not a constant companion. It will not overwhelm whatever BPAL you choose to put on for the day, and I don't expect anyone would notice it unless they were close enough to give you a hug. But it's there. Several times an hour, I catch hints of sweet golden awesome. I was wearing a very different sort of scent as a perfume today (The Passionate Shepherd to His Love) and I pretty much just smelled its lovely green innocence but then every once in awhile... sneakily... BAM. Sexy hair smell.

Next Time Washing Hair: Hot water hits hair and the scent of the initial application stage explodes all over the shower.

This is one of those rare things that I love so much it makes me panic slightly because I feel that I must use it every day for the rest of my life, but how can I make that happen? I need to buy ALL OF IT. :nervous:

Edited by Aldercy

Wow, wow, WOW!!!! This is an absolute favorite of mine. On first sniff I get the honey. The honey seems familiar to me like possibly the honey that sings in O. The ambrette seed and warm musk complete this to perfection. Back up needed for sure!

:wub2:

This strikes me as a gloss that will be perfect for warmer weather, for those who don't want a tropical or too fresh (read: shampoo-like) scent for their hair. The honey is very similar to the honey in O, so fans of that scent should eat this up. Ultimately, it's too much honey for me, but it's a very nice gloss with a sweet but light smell.

I much prefer the sister scent from Our Lady Of Pain, Implacable Beautiful Tyrant. ;)

Edited by OctoberGwen

So. This isn't really that different from Honey Hair Gloss to me, but since I love that one, it's not horrible to have this one too.

Edit. Ok, so I lied. This resembles Honey, probably due to the honey in it (nothing gets by me), but it is definitely something more. Strangely I don't get orgies from it, it seems very fluffy and adorable, and smells amazing.

It blends well with many of my BPAL oils, I find myself reaching for this one over and over.

Aldercy, I have had the same experience with the hair oils, I think the scent is totally out of my hair, but when the hot water hits the hair wham there it is! And I don't put it in the scalp, just the shaft and ends of the hair, so I know it's not because it's in my scalp. Just awesome stuff.

Edited by stellamaris

Aw. I wish I could have smelled any musk or ambrette...ALL HONEY. :-( I should have known better (can't wear O) but I had to try...I'm a sucker for ambrette seed. I bet lots of folks will love this

Smells like a more muskier 'O', which translates to aged 'O', which makes me very happy. Lovely blend, but I can't really smell it that much on my hair after it dries. Oh, and it's a lot like the Honey Hair Gloss, only muskier. Would layer nicely with other lab honey notes.

Now this one is a real winner. I wish it was available all the time like the GC scents!! It's very, very much like O but with more rounded musk note. It's all honey and musk on me and I would buy this as a perfume oil in a heartbeat. This, along with the Snake Oil hair gloss, is my absolute favourite of them all. The scent lingers and lingers and I only need 5-6 squirts to treat my hair which is very long and super thick. I cannot say enough good things about this hair oil - it really is absolutely beautiful :wub2:

Awesome awesome awesome. :wub2: The ambrette seed is wonderful and separates this from the direct and overt honey/musk combo of Womb Furie or O. Creates a smell that simulates a glow, slightly resinous but clean, lighthearted, warm and stimulating.

This was a lovely gift. This hair gloss is everything I didn't know I needed, and I'm not quite sure what I'll do when the trading post runs out. Like others have mentioned before, Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid Orgies (whew!) is a very sultry scent with a pronounced honey note that sits wonderfully in the hair. All throughout the day I could catch wafts of its yielding sweetness. The ambrette seed is there but it's faint, closely comparable to the silken caress of Le Labo's Ambrette 9 which completely disappeared on me. Product-wise this was great, I applied no more than three sprays to my damp hair and brushed right through to the ends. My hair is short so I've never had much of a problem with tangles, but it certainly didn't hurt to wake up with lustrous, baby-soft hair.

This is my first hair gloss and I think I am now addicted!! I love this! And having dreads with wool dread accents makes it even better cause the scent last for days! Literally days!! Even when washing I can smell it!

It is a strong girly honey! Bright with a clean floral undertone to me. And it wafts all over the place!

I am hooked, now I need more hair gloss!

this is the first hair gloss i've tried! i have fine but frizzy hair and used this on my hair dry, not too much, then worked it through my hair with my hands. my hair looked instantly polished and smooth but didn't lose any of it's body, thankfully (fine haired gals know what i mean!)

onto the scent-it's luscious, very warm and inviting. my boyfriend hasn't smelled this yet, but i have a feeling that he will definitely swoon when it happens. it's a honey-musk, not too strong or overpowering and very warm and sexy. i love it now, but i could see loving it even more during the fall/winter months when my warmer scents come out. i am intrigued by this and now i want to try more hair glosses! :D

Another win in the hair gloss column! This is a beautiful warm, musky honey. I haven't tried the GC honey hair gloss so I can't compare, but the honey in this is very prominent. It lingers forever in a really good way. Not only did I apply this in my usual way, combing/detangling my damp hair, but the spray nozzle actually mists rather than the usual spurt, so I was able to mist it over my finished hair and ends, which adds even more shine as well as a finish coat of scent. Beautiful, just beautiful. And this would be amazing as an Atmo spray- I would love to spray this scent on my sheets. :wub2:

I wish I could say I totally loved this stuff, but...

I bought a bottle after a friend raved about how wonderful, light and effective this was on her fine hair. Since I thought the smell was absolutely divine and the price wasn't bad, I ordered.

The scent - heaven. Pure, unadulterated heaven in a bottle. Spicy, reminiscent of incense with a sweet honey finish, I want to bathe in this scent.

The application - I love the idea of a spray bottle. Unfortunately, this doesn't come out as a fine mist, but sort of a big spurt. Spray on your hands first.

The result on dry hair - sprayed directly on the first time, then lightly on hands and rubbed through the next it was not pretty. The first time, my hair turned into something that looked like the name - loosened and soiled. It was a sticky, dirty looking mess that was hard to even comb through. When applied with a lighter hand, what I got was the feeling of a mousse-like styling product - slightly heavy, sticky and hard to comb, but it at least didn't look dirty.

The result on wet hair - towel dried, right after a shower, sprayed on hands then lightly scrunched through the ends only and the best thing I can say is "meh". I still had trouble combing through, this seemed to make my hair "grabbier" than usual, but there were no real negatives other than that. There were no real positive either, however, no reduction of frizz or improvement of shine.

The bottom line - unfortunately, the only positive I really got from this was the scent. It's like perfume for my hair, but it does nothing (at least nothing good) for the appearance or handling of my hair.

Hair type - a head full of way too much fine, wavy-curly hair (fine 2C), color treated, mid-back length in a layered cut, prone to frizz.

Usual defrizz/gloss choices - Moroccanoil Treatment, Frizz-Ease Curl Dreams, Eufora Curl'n, Aquage - SeaExtend or Beyond Shine.

The scent of this to me is straight up aged O, so it's gorgeous, thick, rick, syrupy, musky honey. Unfortunately, much as I love it, I can't wear it since my mother hates the honey note and it makes my boyfriend sneeze. So I guess this would be a desert island scent. :lol:

quote octobergwen for my review... the honey of O ... Much prefer the implacable tyrant.

Both arrived today and I sprayed my arms with the oils. Just one squirt to test scents. Haven't done the hair yet but still omg on IBT and O for this one.

It will go with All the Honeys. Yay

Everyone mentioned O. I didn't think of O, I immediately thought of Anactoria.

If you love this hair gloss, find a bottle of Anactoria - it's very similar!

I love love love love love this. I definitely need more. The scent is warm and beautiful and lightly sweet, a golden scent.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I love, love, LOVE this.

On me it's almost pure honey, which is one of my favourite notes. In a perfume this one would be too high pitched for me, but in wafts of fragrance falling from my hair it's perfect and I love what it does for my hair too.

I have found that with wearing it almost constantly I no longer smell it in my hair, so I think I need to pick up more glosses so that I can rotate them.

First sniff: Uh oh! This smells like sharp honey and since my skin destroys honey into a powdery disaster I was nervous. It was musky, sweet and slightly sharp.

Later on it morphs into the most lovely musk - definitely sexy. The honey is still there but doesn't turn to powder or disaster.

Formula wise it was wonderful just like all the other hair glosses I've tried. A couple of squirts on dry or damp hair and the scent stays for hours (if not days) and makes my hair shiny but not weighed down and helps to keep away any tangles on my BSL hair.

ETA: the scent doesn't last as long as Snake Oil (that lasts days - sometimes even through washes) but does last around 24 hours or so with only one squirt. By that time the honey has really mellowed out and I'm left with a sweet musk. It's not really a raunchy post orgy scent, but certainly mysterious and sexy.

Edited by Beckie

This is like the child of O and Jezebel on my hair. It's got the same O honey and amberish thing going on, with the muskiness I pick up from Jezebel. I towel dry my hair, spray two pumps on my hands (and this one is more like a spray than a stream), rub my palms together and work it through my hair mostly underneath and at the ends rather than the top of my head. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and it tends to get greasy after a day or two, but when applied to the lower part of my hair it doens't come across as greasy at all. The scent lasts noticably for one day, but I can still catch drifts of it on the second and third day. I was a little worried to try this, as the Honey HG goes on a little ashy on my hair, but it really is quite lovely. Languid rather than smutty.

Musky honey. This really does smell like O, but for your hair!

Agian, quality wise - its the same silky product for your hair as the other BPTP hair glosses.

It's lovely, but I like my hair gloss scents to be a little stronger, although this would be great for layering, as it just adds a honey musky sweetness to whatever BPAL blend you decide to wear.

Hair Loosened and Soiled in Mid Orgies is happy honey musk. Like others have said, it's reminiscent of O but muskier, like O with a drop shadow. Great to wear on it's own, and fantastic with Womb Furie and Crib Girls.