Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KawaiiKai

Quicken the Soul Through the Blood

QUICKEN THE SOUL THROUGH THE BLOOD
Thou shalt touch and make redder his roses
With juice not of fruit nor of bud;
When the sense in the spirit reposes,
Thou shalt quicken the soul through the blood.
Thine, thine the one grace we implore is,
Who would live and not languish or feign,
O sleepless and deadly Dolores,
Our Lady of Pain.

Cacao, red patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, Roman chamomile, and white tea.

This is so gorgeous!
In the bottle I get cacao on the beginning of the inhale and red patchouli at the end of the inhale. Rubbed a drop between my fingers and it became a kaleidoscope of scents: cocoa, red patchouli, jasmine, chamomile-white tea.
In the bath I mainly smelled jasmine-chamomile-white tea, while cacao and patchouli were off to the side. Very relaxing and pleasant. It kept reminding me of something I have had before, something from LUSH or L'Occitane.
May have to order a backup bottle before this is gone!

This one was very strange for me. The scent is lighter than what one would expect from these notes, but it was an enjoyable melange. The cacao and patch dominate at first, but an hour into it all I can smell practically is the jasmine. I am not a floral person but this jasmine is nice - still, I want the cacao and patch back! Weird that these notes that usually ground a scent by lasting the longest, are the first to go. I was sorely disappointed with this one.

Oh man, this is baaaaddd on me, :cry2: The jasmine dominates and smells like fresh mulch- the kind that has a manure smell. It just doesn't fade away. I gave it an hour on my skin and finally had to scrub it off. Good thing I only tried it on my arm, instead of my usual after-shower moisturizer slathering. Sorry but this decant will be more than enough... I might go ahead and actually give it a try in the bath as intended, but if it goes all jasmine in there too, then I'm passing my decant along. Too bad, because all the other notes should have been good.

Chamomile, jasmine, hint of patchouli and chocolate. I get a mainly herby sort of jasmine with hints of patchouli and chocolate to both roughen and sweeten it up. It's what I would consider a very expensive soap, traditional feminine perfume. It's definitely has romance and sensual in its tone.