And they laughed, changing hands in the measure,
And they mixed and made peace after strife;
Pain melted in tears, and was pleasure;
Death tingled with blood, and was life.
Like lovers they melted and tingled,
In the dusk of thine innermost fane;
In the darkness they murmured and mingled,
Our Lady of Pain.

Labdanum, black plum, black currant, violet, and champaca flower.

Burns great, and has great throw cold, too.

Smells like a brown-golden resin, and juicy, dark berries and plum.
The violet is quite apparent and is adding a subtle powdery velvet scent.
If I sniff hard enough, the champaca adds an incensy element to the entire thing.

On fire, this is resin/fruit dominant, but you can still tell the violet is there.

I love this!

MOAR!

ETA: My candle appears to be tunneling real bad - I did burn it out the first time, but maybe it's dense perfume oils? It has a good rim of 1 cm of wax all around and the wick is drowning / shrinking independently. Hrm.

This candle is wonderful! I smelled the candle as soon as I opened my box from the post and knew I was going to be very happy with the "Our Lady of Pain" items I ordered.

The candle has wonderful throw. In fact before using it I had it sitting on my ottoman last night with my other post goodies before putting them away. I kept smelling something wonderful and I finally realized it was the candle! I put the candle in my bedroom, which takes up a full sized, finished basement and as soon as I hit the bottom stair I can smell the candle. The scent fills my entire room. It isn't overwhelming at all though, just a gorgeous sultry, lush scent.

I wish, wish, WISH this was offered in a perfume.

It is a gorgeous scent. I mostly smell the black plum and black currant whirling around in beautiful Labdanum. The violet and champaca add that soft yet dustiness that rounds out this scent to perfection.

The candle burns great and very clean. I like the simplicity of the frosted glass and beautiful label as well. Overall very happy with this purchase and LOVE this candle :wub2:

Dusky violet, hint of plum, and labdanum. Admittedly, this is a piece of already melted wax from someone else's candle, but the wax itself is still pretty strongly scented.

Very dark purple in vibe and smell.