Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tziporra

The Desire of Thy Furious Embraces

THE DESIRE OF THY FURIOUS EMBRACES
The desire of thy furious embraces
Is more than the wisdom of years,
On the blossom though blood lie in traces,
Though the foliage be sodden with tears.
For the lords in whose keeping the door is
That opens on all who draw breath
Gave the cypress to love, my Dolores,
The myrtle to death.

Cypress, honey myrtle, yew, peace lily, ivy, and black rose.

In the bottle and wet on my skin this is a riot of soft florals. Absolutely the floraliest of flower fragrances. And it starts to dry down that way too before it turns entirely to soap on my skin. The soapiest of soaps. I am really heartbroken. I am going to try it in a scent locket and in a linen spray before I give up on it, it is that wonderful. Before the soap, anyway.

Oh, this smells like a rainy day in South Carolina to me. (Mind you, I have never been to South Carolina.)

I adore honey myrtle, it turns out. This is mostly soft lily, honey myrtle, and ivy. The cypress and yew are lending a very subtle depth of greenness, and the black rose is gently wafting on top of all the Southern flora.

It's soft and green and flowery; I keep getting the most beautiful wafts from my wrists. Another stellar Lady of Pain blend. This one is a close second for my favorite and most wearable scent from this update.

I really love this.

:wub2:

Edited by OctoberGwen

In the decant: Green and sweet and fresh.

Wet: More of the fresh green note(s), which I'm suspecting is mostly the honey myrtle in the spring when it has the new growth.

The dry-down: Not really picking up the black rose, as a note, but it could be the reason for why the scent is getting a little powdery and a little sour. The yew, cypress, lily, and ivy are all notes associated with cemeteries, and they too might be the cause of the sourness. I liked this on cold sniff, and fresh on the skin, but it seems that my dry and somewhat acidic skin has ruined this for me. I'll keep the decant for the scent locket.

ITI: It smells like recently cut grass and rose petals. In the imp, it's a fresh and clean scent.

Wet: Ah, the grass scent emerges as the myrtle and ivy - green and slightly bitter. There is just a touch of sweetness from the honey aspect, and some strong floral from the lily, but the rose seems to be drowned out.

Dry: It's bitterly green with an undertone of honey and rose. If the green were less bitter, I think I'd like this scent more.

Something in this turns really soapy on me (the lily, perhaps) and I get a lot of a sharp green feel from the cypress, yew and ivy. It smells like someone crushed up a bunch of dark green things, splashed some sharp floral perfume over them, and rolled them into a bar of white soap. I do get a bit of a lightly sweet, herbal honey in the drydown, but the overall scent isn't sweet enough. Too harshly clean and sharp for my tastes.

Honey myrtle, roses, ivy and a touch of cypress. This is a soft floral, something that I would associate with the South. Damp flowers, lazy sensuality.

Humid, sexy, floral.

Sweet rose and sharp citrus at first, I'm guessing it's the cypress. Dries to a powdery rose, not much else, keeping in mind that rose takes over everything on me. Too much rose.

I found a box with old decants and this was one of them. There was an initial lemon blast but it lasted less than a minute and the second time I applied it was no longer there. What I get is a slightly lemony evergreen and floral combination with a powdery undertone. If I had know it would age to this, I would probably have bought a bottle.