Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Lips Full of Lust and Laughter

LIPS FULL OF LUST AND LAUGHTER
O lips full of lust and of laughter,
Curled snakes that are fed from my breast,
Bite hard, lest remembrance come after
And press with new lips where you pressed.

Red musk, wildflower honey, elemi, tangerine, and mint.

I ordered a bottle of this unsniffed, based on the red musk/ honey/ elemi combo which works so well for me in Third Charm. I wish I could afford the entire Our Lady of Pain update.

I am not really picking out all the individual notes but I'm imagining that the underlying juiciness is from the tangerine and the lift, the subtle brightness is from the mint - there is nothing fruity or minty per se here, though. It's sweet and musky and just lovely. The red musk is not the usual RED MUSK, because it is blending so lovingly with the honey.

I adore this one and I think it represents this part of the poem perfectly. It is...quite exquisite. I have a feeling that every scent in this update is going to be stellar.

True to form, his one has aged absolutely magnificently. It's sweet and musky and bright and beautiful and I adore it. :wub2:

Tried at Will-Call.

Oh dear. I thought from the notes list that this one would be amazing on me! Honey! Honey loves me! But this is just sweet yuck on me. Almost exactly the scent of Turkish Delight (which I dislike), actually.

Not for me.

Edited by tziporra

Lab 5 ml bottle. My first purchase from the 2013 Lupercalia set. The description sold me, so I nabbed it unsniffed.

In the bottle: This reminds me of champagne, ginger chews and candied orange peel. The mint is a cool tang at the back of my nose. It's sweet, but not cloying.

Wet: The scent unfolds effervescently - my immediate thought was, This makes me feel so happy! It's like being carried away on a peel of laughter. It's interesting that the top notes aren't what I'd normally think of as citrus-y, but they retain that bright quality that citrus has. The musk and the elemi are dancing together nicely. Great throw.

Dry: Reminds me of that scent you get off a fresh stick of incense (unlit), just pulled from the package.

A little while later: The laughter is fading, and now it's all flirty smirks and sultry smugness. Sweet flowers and musk. It's more fluffy-dusty than sharp/bright. Not much throw at this point; you'd have to get in close to smell it.

Even later: There's just an echo left on my skin, and I have to put nose directly to wrist to capture it. It didn't last all day, maybe about five hours. Wish I had brought the bottle with me so I could hit it again.

Overall: It made me feel light-hearted and hip-swishy, and was a pleasant distraction every time I got a whiff. I liked the wet and just-dry phases best; the fade-out was powdery on me, but not unpleasently so. A keeper, and one I will wear frequently. :wub:

Much later, ETA: Aging has made this one sweeter. It amps dessert wine and candied fruits when I first apply it. Eventually, the whole thing blends down into something that's sweetly sexy and sophisticated. This one loves my skin - every time I wear it, I'm complimented. What a fortuitous choice I made in getting a bottle!

Edited by kolibri

This smells like a dusty Ring Pop on me. I had such high hopes for this fragrance, but fruity notes and I just aren't friends. I nearly bought an entire bottle of this unsniffed and would have been a sad little monkey.....

I grabbed this based off the awesome list of notes and the name/poem. I've let this sit a few days which was so hard but made the pay off even better.

OH MY!! I was pretty sure this would be a hit but WOW! It's blended so well that I don't really pick out any one note. I can tell they're all there but all are dancing around each other perfectly! I wish I could bathe in this. It's playful and sexy and like someone else said effervescent. Throw seems good too, when I walked into the room my boyfriend said "Wow you smell good!" :blush:

I think I'll be grabbing a another bottle or 3 :joy:

I think I am going to let my decant sit. B/c right now it's just red musk all the time. Beautiful, sweet, red musk that evokes the image of women eating cherries with red lips and laughing at all of the world's troubles. The image it evokes is amazing...I just wish the scent was lasted longer and that I could distinguish all of the notes.

I thought I was going to love this one, but there is something in there that is obnoxious to me, I will retest in a couple of days, but as of now, it's no.

Well yeah, and then it actually rested, and now has blended into something quite gorgeous, and very unlike all the other red musk or honey things that I have already. I think what was not so good was the mint, but it seems to have stopped making a fuss now.

Edited by stellamaris

This one smells like grapes on me, it's very sweet. I think it might be from the red musk. I really can't pick out any of the notes apart from what ever is causing the grapey-ness, so this one doesn't really work on me.

Right out of the bottle, I smell the musk, honey, and citrus.

On the skin all the notes blend together beautifully but I can still detect individual notes. Everything is present: musk, honey, elemi, tangerine, and mint. The elemi adds a touch of pepper and ginger scent making the mint smell spicy. A strange scent but I love it!

This is my second bottle from the Lady of Pain series and its two for two. Very happy I bought a bottle of this unsniffed.

I received this imp from Azurephoenix's decant circle yesterday, and upon first sniff, I knew this was one I had to try first. Red musk? Honey? Yes please! I was already wearing 'White Peacock' so I opted to wait until this morning to test this one out.

First sniff out of the imp, it's sweet with a bit of sultry hiding underneath. Then I applied, a dab here, a dollop there; both wrists and my neck, the usual locations.

Holy amptitude, Batman! :eek:

I had to look up what elemi is, and when I read the 'pine and lemon' part of the description, I knew that's what was overpowering everything else, almost to the headache-inducing point. I think I'm also getting the tiniest, sharp edge from the tangerine. I never realized I'd amp the elemi/red musk combination to this extent.

It's been almost an hour since I've applied. I'm sitting at work, and one of my co-workers, as he's walking out the door that's across the building, mentioned that it "smells like incense in here." Uh-oh. That means this is a scent that lingers long after I've moved out of the area.

I love this combination. I love how it smells, but WOW. I'm still tempted to get a bottle and let it sit and age for a while to see how it tempers. I will say this: USE SPARINGLY; it's definitely one of those where a little bit goes a LONG way.

ETA: My cat *loves* this scent. Seriously. She could NOT stop licking my wrists that afternoon :lol:

Edited by mermaidsdream

ITI: It's a citrusy scent with some slightly exotic complexity from the elemi with a little sweet musk underneath.

Wet: The most and wildflower honey are sweet and seem to push even the citrus out of the way.

Dry: The wildflower honey and red musk are still dominant but I get the faintest impression of tangerine. It's a bit foody, actually.

In the decant: All the notes co-mingling in a lovely blend. :wub2:

Wet: Grape-colored is the oil, a bit grape-scented as well.

The dry-down: Nice, but nothing as wonderful as when sniffed. :( This one's for the scent locket. Debating on a bottle, as the cold sniff was amazing!

Later: The tangerine and honey notes have come to the front, but their sweetness is being kept in check by the mint.

ETA after many days: I've decided that this is worth a bottle purchase, even if the dry-down to a lovely scent takes quite a while. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

At first this was all OH HAI RED MUSK and I was all ONOES RED MUSK but after I put it on the red musk seems to have chilled the hell out which I appreciate.

I generally can't wear red musk blends, but there are a few where the other notes actually bring it into balance on my skin, and I was hoping this would be one of those. I can definitely smell all of the notes, and I can smell the mint in particular much more strongly than I expected to, along with what I guess is the elemi (citrussy/piney).

I was hoping for a bit more of the tangerine and honey, but my skin seems to just eat them up. This is interesting and definitely not what I was expecting, but also not really for me.

This is a very fruity, warm, wine-like sort of red musk. When I first put it on, I smelled nothing but red musk for about the first 20 minutes, but the honey, citrus and mint do start to come out after a while. Unfortunately, the mix reminds me of cough drops and cough syrup. Honeyed citrus and mint just reminds me too much of medicine.

In the vial: Really old, dried honey.

On my skin wet: Raisins and red musk.

On my skin dry: Still raisins and red musk.

Verdict: Not for me.

Yikes! This is all red musk + Dimetapp (grape kids' cough syrup) on me. I can smell the lovely red musk (it has kind of a "creamy" feel on me) but there's a really strong grape/medicine smell that has bad associations for me. The throw is also crazy strong - it's still holding on after several rinses. Gonna have to swap it. :/

Sniff – not really registering with me at all. It has a tartness to it that I guess is the tangerine? I can't quite get a fix on it.

Skin testing – fruit, sugar, musk. Gritty burnt caramel sugar. The tangerine + red musk, smells like a red fruit for some reason. Sickly sweet in a variety of ways. I'm not getting any of the mint I'd hoped to smell. I'm a fan of red musk, tangerine, and mint, but this is not for me.

Imp: Yummy red musk with a bit of tart/sweet citrusy tangerine and spark of mint.

Wet: Heavily red musk with just a bit of the citrus and mint.

Dry: Honeyed red musk. This is not different enough from my other red musk scents to warrant a bottle, though it's quite delightful!

Very Smut-like, only grapier. Dry, it's a dead ringer to "Couple Consulting an Enpon" on me. Bright dark fruit, with a touch of sourness. A lot like Dionysia too. Not really into this particular kind of fruitiness anymore, though I have to admit, it's pretty lush and voluptuous.

In bottle: Tart, dry wood and concord grape. Odd, and a bit unpleasant.

On skin: Turning a bit softer & sweeter. Close up, I can catch a whiff of honey and perhaps red musk...but the grapelike scent persists. The throw on it is crazy.

I am sad. I thought this smelled amazing at Will Call. Perhaps it was too close to something else I was testing. I regret buying it, now. :cry2:

Thoughts before testing: I absolutely adored the Our Lady of Pain update. I waffled on getting a bottle of this because red musk nearly always amps to the exclusion of other notes, but when my mother offered me her bottle for testing I just had to try it!

Wet: It smells like powdered grape Kool Aid :rofl: Very distinctive, but definitely not what I was hoping for! Thankfully after five or so minutes, it smooths out into one of the prettiest red musks I've ever smelled.

Dry down: The honey keeps the red musk from amping on me like it usually does and turns it slightly creamy. It's almost too sweet for me. Maybe not though because I keep lifting my hand to my nose, lol! The honey is really pretty, and unique.

Dry: Beautiful creamy sweet musk. So pretty!

Final thoughts: Red musk can be problematic for me, but this is to die for beautiful. I have one other red musk heavy blend in my arsenal (the incomparable Le Lethe) but this is so different that I need a bottle. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of tangerine or mint, but the musk is so pretty I can't mind too much!

Verdict: Hunting for a bottle!

I'm not that great at picking up notes, or describing scents in general but I try >.<

Upon Application: Flowers, honey and tangerine.

I get mostly the honey note, and this smells exactly like honey straight from the jar. The honey is tempered with a slight fruity note from the tangerine, and for some reason, i do get a hint of floral.

Dry: I get a slight whiff of honey, but mostly, it is a musky and incense note. The tangerine is still there, and together with the honey, they help prevent me from smelling just like pure incense.

The scent is extremely long-lasting! Use with caution!

When I first dabbed a couple of time on my pulse points, my brother (who was in another room) actually came over and asked if I was wearing any scent. Also, the scent is there after 7-8 hours, though it has become more of a skin scent by then.

The scent is pretty unique; I have yet to smell anything like it before.

Not sure if I need a bottle, but I wouldn't mind picking up an extra imp/decant if it comes by and the price is right :)

Bright but dusky - red musk, orange (tangerine), and the sweetness of honey. The mint dances at the top of the scent. That and the sexy red musk keep this from being candied or fruity/foodie and firmly in perfume territory. I really love this scent. It's lighter and airier than I'd expected from the notes. A red musk for summer?

It vaguely reminds me of Couple Consulting An Enpon, another favorite of mine, with the sexy base, a fruity aspect, and the mint topnote making a perfume that should be heavy but isn't and should be foodie but isn't.

Apply sparingly! Good throw.

Edited by gypsyjolie

In the bottle - A rich vibrant red musk

Wet on me - I can't really place it, it's a bit like honeysuckle and pear with the red musk laced over

Dry on me - It turns to dust

Overall - I'm really gutted by this and I don't understand it, some 'cream' or 'butter' notes turn to dust on me, but nothing like that seems to be in this blend