Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Lilies and Languors of Virtue

THE LILIES AND LANGUORS OF VIRTUE
Calla lilies and lily of the valley with white lilac, narcissus, osmanthus, asphodel, and Egyptian musk.

Yowza! This is strong and very floral! I get tons of the lilies pushing to the surface, all like "DOOOOD WE ARE LILIES," and then the sharp, off skatole of lilac kicks in. After the immediately sharp parts of the floral, the airy asphodel and osmanthus + musk appears to provide an airy base that is very pretty. This smells remarkably airy and innocent. Like... in a wedding dress, or what a bouquet lying on the table smells like. It's strong, though, light, almost citrussy white floral.

This a heavy, rich floral. It is like literally being buried up to your nose in calla lilies and lilac blossoms.

It also has a sweet citrus kick to it. I could almost swear there was some sort of orange in this.

Unfortunately, I don't get any lily of the valley, or osmanthus or anything like Asphodel, even on dry-down. All of the gentle, ethereal flowers were buried under that pile of funky-smelling lilacs and callas.

Underneath it all is something deeply animalic. Maybe the Egyptian musk? It smells like...well...the zoo. Standing outside the giraffe or tiger enclosures. That is the best way I can describe it. Wild animal fur, with the animal still in it.

So I don't light and innocent at all. I get a dirty, funky, musky perfume with a decadent floral overlay and a little citrus bite.

I like the concept a lot but this perfume scares and intimidates me. I don't think I am woman enough to wear this.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

This is a musky floral on me, with something fruity in the background. It has good throw on me and seems to last on my skin for ages. I think that this is a grown-up, sophisticated floral. This one could be more worn at any time of the year but it strikes me as spring/summer scent.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lillies for the win!!!!!!!!!

I love this one, it's heady and rich, I put a drop on my hand and I could smell it all over. Awesome. :wub2:

Wet on my skin this is a dead ringer for Laila, so if you are a fan of that fragrance or know someone who is you should immediately buy six bottles of this one.

After the initial blast of LILYLILYLILYLILYLILY there is a moment of the most amazing Egyptian musk that mixes with the florals so beautifully that I want to go buy those six bottles myself. Instead of the pure innocence of Laila, it reads as a very grown-up scent, a woman in her forties, hanging out with her tween daughters, still their best friend, wanting to wear something accessible to them, but entirely her own.

By the way, this scent is unabashedly feminine from start to finish, in case you weren't reading that from other reviews. And while I am having a floral moment right now I still can't see myself straying this far from my beloved cologne scents.

Unfortunately, the phase is short lived my skin just devours the drydown (story of my life lately, I am going to try the hydration thing and see if that helps keep the scents around a little longer).

Tzi

Um...I'm really confused. I love lilies...love them...love egyptian musk. Something about this oil literally made me ill...I wont go into details but, I had to wash it off very quickly. This is only the 2nd oil I've had to wash off...bluebeard was the other. Sad panda...

This is....so lovely.

A gorgeous, musky white floral. Very feminine with some definite depth; this is not a simple fragrance, nor is it as innocent as the listed notes would imply. I detect a faint corruption under all those blossoms...

Another stunner from Our Lady Of Pain.

Edited by OctoberGwen

In the decant: Sweet light florals, with a mild hint of something musky.

Wet: Much the same as when sniffed, but not as sweet.

The dry-down: This is not a morpher, but remains mostly the same throughout; although the musk and osmanthus are coming more to the forefront. :) I like most of the notes, especially the asphodel, but have had trouble in the past with narcissus and lily of the valley, but the other notes seem to be keeping them in check. I'll have to see how this goes, and see if I need a bottle--it might be lovely as a year-around scent.

ITI: It smells like bright florals and cat litter. I'm not a fan.

Wet: Holy lily and heady floral! It's a bit much for me and starts giving me a headache.

Dry: After a while, I get lilac, musk, and faint osmanthus. It's much better behaved while dried.

I haven't found any keepers in the Lupercalias this year (still have to try the chocolates and a couple things). I'm fond of lily, but narcissus and osmanthus both turn really sharp, perfumey and headache inducing on me, and I think the Egyptian musk here is turning sort of funky and sour on my skin. I can't really pick out much that reminds me of lily (which is usually creamy, cool, soft floral on me). The Lilies is too sharp white florals and something sour... this is another one that I wound up scrubbing off.

Imp: Very reminiscent of a fresh lily bouquet like I had at my wedding. I adore lilies.

Wet: Still fresh lilies but more perfume-y. It has a creamy feel and I can't pick out the musk at this point. It's really all lily, all the time.

Dry: Very, very faint musk with pure lily overriding everything else. It's very true-to-life and gorgeous, but I doubt I'd wear it much. I prefer smelling the real deal :)

First off, I am not a floral fan, but I do love the scent of flowers if that makes sense (ha ha). I don't think I've 'ever' smelled bpal or any other perfume that smelled like an actual flower. This however, IS lilies, just bursting into bloom, fresh, lush and heady. There's a green vibe about this blend, which makes it even more realistic. This blend makes me swoon, but I"m not sure how much I'd wear it. I'd really like more, though, as it makes me feel happy and relaxed, and there's also a sensual quality about this blend. I need more, but probably not a bottle, maybe a partial.

Lilies, lilac and musk.

This is a white floral musky blend that is Spring-like - delicate but animalistic at the same time.