Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Lolita

Bright, sweet and youthful, but swelling with a poisonous sexuality. Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

Imp: Lemon and... BBQ :P (ok probably just my nose being weird)

Wet: Sweet citrus and florals.

Dry: Definately a girly and "swelling" citrus. Very very sweet too, because of the honeysuckle I guess. It's pretty. (oh, and the BBQ disappeared thankfully!)

edited to add description

Edited by Browneyes

In the imp: Hmm, sweet and floral. Thicker and more perfumey than I thought it would be. Not getting any of the orange blossom or lemon verbena yet.

On the wrist: Similar to in the imp but less thick. This is all heliotrope and honeysuckle on me, no orange blossom or lemon verbena.

Drydown: This has turned into a heavy spicy floral on my skin, but not old lady floral. Still, not for me. Off to the swaps.

On me, Lolita is sweet lemon candy with a delicate wisp of flowers. It's girly, soft, and fresh. As it dries, the flowers come out more but the lemon is still noticeable. It's innocent and sweet without being cloying, and it would be great for warm (but not hot) spring days.

In the imp: A spicy floral with a hint of lemon.

Wet: Spicy, almost peppery. Citrus-y playing with lazy florals.

Drying: The citrus dries down a bit, leaving a heavy, wet floral scent.

Overall: Nice, but too lemony for my skin. Even after the citrus died down, I got comments that it smelled almost like a grandma's flowery perfume on me. :/ Sad.

*This is my 100th review :P *

Lolita is definitely lemony and candy-sweet, but the orange blossom and heliotrope give it considerably more depth and an edge of wickedness. I don't like scents with an overly-strong lemon note because that overpowers the other notes in the blend, but this one is lemony and well-balanced at the same time. I really like it a lot.

I got Lolita in a swap mostly as swap currency rather than because I wanted to try it. Florals usually don't work on me, and this one is no different. However, this is the only blend I've tried that actually smells COLD to me. I got Numb for that express purpose during the hot summer months, but that just made my wrist itch like crazy. Other marine-type scents kindof worked, but none like this one. I don't know what note it is that's making my nose freeze, but I like it!

Floral with a hairspray component. Thankfully the hairspray fades fast. Floral changes to a candy scent! I feel like I walked into a Lush store, with a cherry lollipop. Fun!

I think there must be something seriously screwed up about my skin chemistry. I wish I could just eat lots of papaya or take Vitamin E or something that would change my chemistry, because so many of these scents that smell divine on other people are just awful on me. :P

IMP: very sweet floral. I don't get any orange or lemony tones, or anything bubblegummy. Just a thick heavy floral.

WET: very very soapy floral. I don't know if it's the honeysuckle or the heliotrope or if there's something else under there that smells like soap on me, but I smell like a walking bar of soap

DRY: Once the soapy smell dissipates (after an hour or so) there's not much else left. Just a very very faint trace of florals.

Maybe I should buy a scent locket....

First on, there is something very bitter and sour. I'm not sure what it is (maybe the lemon verbena???) but it does go away after a few minutes, thankfully, and leaves a sweet floral. I'm not sure why it smells sweet, maybe that's the honeysuckle, but I think the sweetness saves it from being cloying or overblown. I think this is a scent that would be lovely on bright spring days when the wind is gently swirling and sundresses and beginning to emerge from the depths of closets.

I get the lemon and what I think is orange at first whiff. This is a very citrusy-sweet scent on me and immediately reminded me of a little girl. Underneath the bright, sweet citrus I get the faint undertone of florals, but not cloyingly so. All and all it reminds me more of hard candies than anything. For some reason I'm very strongly reminded of pez candies.

A very pleasing, bright, and feminine scent. Not one I'd probably get a bottle of, but I'll probably use up the imp :P

In the imp Lolita is.. spicy lemon, which was a little off putting to my nose upon first sniff. Once on the heliotrope, honeysuckle and orange blossom really make this much more.. welcoming. I smell mostly this gorgeous mix of the lemon verbena and the orange blossom (I have an affinity towards orange blossom so I am guessing that is why my nose finds it so predominant). The heliotrope and honeysuckle are there as well, keeping it all sort of lovely. This is sweet-ish but it is definetly spiked with a.. sliver of pure sexiness that cannot be denied. I use to have an orange blossom based scent that I picked up at Bath and Body Works that I loved.. but one day my boyfriend told me it smelled like Fruity Pebbles cereal and.. let's say it hasn't been used much since :P Lolita will be the perfect replacement as it still has the orange blossom goodness I love but is holds a certain sexiness that the BBW scent just didn't have. I will need a big bottle soon I think.

Up close, it alternates between a lemon scent and an orange scent. From a distance (for example, the distance from my nose to my arm when my arm is in its normal position) all I smell is lemon verbena. It's kind of a bright, fresh lemon and not a cleaning-product lemon. But, yeah. Lemon.

Heliotrope is one of my favorite floral notes, and I wonder if that's what's making this lemon verbena smell a little brighter than it usually does to me. I'm just too old and jaded and crotchety for lemon scents, though, so although I think this scent is pretty enough, it's not one I'd wear.

Sometimes I feel like the scent names are pastede on yay. Lolita is a big exception. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It reminds me a lot of lollypops, but with a sharp, acrid undertone. I love me some verbena, and it does not disappoint.

…Did I just love a floral? WTF is that about? :P

The lemon verbena comes out right away but I like it. It's fresh and citrus-y on a sweet background of florals -that I can actually use. It's a young scent though. When the lemon pulls back a little, it morphs into HOLLYWOOD BABYLON's little sister, complete with bubble gum and pig tails. Someone said they couldn't believe that strawberry isn't listed here and I agree. I's a little young for me and I already have HOLLYWOOD BABYLON in my collection so I don't think a bottle is on the horizon but I will keep the imp for bright spring days.

Okay, my first attempt at a review... still learning, but I figure it won't hurt to jump right in!

I got this as an imp when purchasing another scent. In the bottle, it's almost unbearably sweet. Can't really differentiate the individual scents.

On, wet: To me, at first, it smelled almost like anise - I guess that's heavy-duty heliotrope.

As it started to dry, it tamed down a bit, and I got heliotrope with bright, intense flashes of honeysuckle and orange blossom for about 15 - 20 minutes. During this phase, my house-mate could smell the scent from across the living room (maybe I used too much?;-). Within about 40 minutes, it had faded to a light, pleasantly sweet floral blend, mostly heliotrope with orange blossom.

Very nice, I'll enjoy using up the imp, may consider a bottle in the future.

I received this as a frimp, I'm generally not a "citrus" type of person.

In the imp it's very orange peel and lemon, with that "glittering" heliotrope there too, the honeysuckle gives it a sweetness. It mellows and turns warmer on my skin, this is a very "sunshine" type of smell, like what I would wear to a summer picnic or something. It kind of smells like lemon candies, or sour orange candies. As it dries the sweet flower smells pops through but it's still very strongly citrus. Almost sour, and I love sour candies, to taste anyways, not to smell so much. Turns more floral the more it dries. It's nice and bright, but not a *me* smell, not at this time of year anyways. I don't hate the smell, but maybe I have a friend who'll like it more.

Edit: Above was posted before I went to work. By the end of my shift it was pretty much lemon soap, or lemon air-freshener. Ah well.

Edited by Pincushions

This was frimped in a recent order.

In the bottle it was sweet, but light. I didn't pick up the citrus, but noted heliotrope (and started sneezing). I tried it on a wrist, because once in a while a floral will mellow (very rarely!). This just got sweeter and more perfume-y on me. I never got any citrus, but when I dabbed my daughter with the cotton ball she was all sunshine and sweet citrus-y goodness. Dry down went powdery on me, another smell I can't tolerate.

On the daughter the citrus mellowed and the heliotrope (?) pulled to the front and amped to the point that I needed to wash her to tolerate her on my lap. She thought it was great and would have kept the imp if I'd let her :P

In Vial: strong green perfume

Wet: Sweetening with something that smells like bubblegum or candy

Drydown: Well it has changed quite a bit since first sniff. It now smells like strong lemon candy. If it changes again I will update.

I got this as a frimp, but I was really happy because I was planning on ordering it eventually.

Imp: Lemony with a pinch of honeysuckle.

Wet: Mostly honeysuckle, but there's a lot of lemon, as well. It definitely has a sting to it. My friend said "It smells like a baby. But in a good way. Like a baby prostitute." Hmm...I guess that's ok. :P

Dry: Yum! Lemony floral scent. I can smell the heliotrope now, but it's not overwhelming. It reminds me of summer. I think it would be good for a picnic or a bright summer morning. I like!

Ooooh I love it! Its simultaneously really sweet and really clean. Its bright and juicy, to me it smells sort of like bubblegum and lemons.

Imp: Cleaning fluid as imagined by Calgon.

Wet: In my head I had this confused with jailbait and I was just like "um... where's the perfume, yo?" So my initial reaction was unfortunately sullied by that, because I am confused in that way. However, it was sort of bright and lemony and there was something that could potentially go sweet or potentially go sour.

Dry: Really nice. Orange blossom always goes sort of soft and incensey on me, and it really seems to add a needed density to the scent. It seems like the midnotes are sweet and honey-like--honeysuckle I'd presume, and possibly the heliotrope. The lemon verbena is bright and cheerful without overpowering. A really complex, well-blended scent that settles down into a very pretty and intriguing perfume.

Throw: A wee bit. It's actually kind of hilariously appropriate--it's the type of scent that invites you to lean closer for a better sniff.

Overall: I love me a good Nabokov novel and I like the scent. I'm going to use more of the imp and see if this would be a good, light summer scent for me.

at first all i smell is lemon verbena, then once that fades about a few hours later, this scent turns into something light, sweet and almost innocent. the boy really liked it. through out the day i would get wiffs of orange blossom and honeysuckle. i fought to keep this from turning into band-aid smell as i do most lemon verbena and orange blossom scents.

i honestly felt really happy when i first applied this scent and i do have to admit i need a bottle.

Floral fruit loops...but a little more sophisticated than that. The lemon verbena provides a sharp citrus note that sets off the sweetness of the florals nicely.

I can remember trying this a year or so ago and being so disappointed, but today this scent is lovely, light, and perfectly balanced. It reminds me of vacations when we'd get to buy sugary cereals and forgo the bran flakes. Vacations at the beach, with virgin pool drinks and sun and salt spray. Might just be bottle-worthy!

Edited by savage_rose

In the bottle: Sweet, bright, citrusy. Honeysuckle and orange and heliotrope.

Wet: Less citrusy, sweeter and more cloying. The heliotrope is still delightful. The honeysuckle may be too overwhelming in this. Strongly orangey still, in a fruity way.

Dry: It's sort of bubblegum-fruity now, which is appropriate for Lolita, but not the sort of fruit I like. Too foody.

Summary: Heliotrope, honeysuckle, and sweet-bubblegumy-orange. Good throw and lasting power.

In the bottle, this is sickeningly sweet. I immediately put in my "do not like" area and have finally gotten around to testing it today.

Wet: Really strong. Too strong. I just put a tiny bit on and it was overpowering. I resisted washing it off immediately but it was hard. The honeysuckle was just too much.

Dry down: Okay, glad I didn't wash this off because this is beautiful on me. It's clean like soap with the lightest honeysuckle coming through. The orange and lemon are gone. It's more floral than citrus. It's very fresh and light with a hint of sweetness. This is a perfect spring/summer scent. It's innocent, girly and yet still kinda sexy. The name is perfect.