Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lookingglass

Scents for battles in life

Hey there, people? What BPAL do you wear when you need to kick some ass in life? The "Don't mess with me-I mean business!!!" kind of scents? Which ones really get the job done and have concepts that denote STRENGTH and POWER? Please share you stories here.

I'll start:

Snake Oil (tried and true for years)

Mama Ji

Crowly

The White Rider (haven't tried Red or Black...prob'ly should!)

Edited by lookingglass

Hey there, people? What BPAL do you wear when you need to kick some ass in life? The "Don't mess with me-I mean business!!!" kind of scents? Which ones really get the job done and have concepts that denote STRENGTH and POWER? Please share you stories here.

I'll start:

Snake Oil (tried and true for years)

Mama Ji

Crowly

The White Rider (haven't tried Red or Black...prob'ly should!)

ooo! mme moriarty is one I wear for power, it has that 'this woman kicks ass and doesn't care about your whinning!'

also like to wear interfector, its my don't mess with me oil.

Ultraviolet - freezing cold mentholated violets for ice queens. Good for faking a cool, perfectly collected, detached aura.

Bow & Crown of Conquest - badass leather jacket exterior meets cuddly vanilla center. I always wore this for midterms + final exams. :)

Snake Oil and Madame Moriarty for sure, but the one I find really gives me an inner strength and kick-ass feeling is Dragon's Heart. I wear it when I need an extra boost of inner power and strength to face a situation.

snake oil, mme moriarty and raven moon. they all exude a specific power for me...snake oil = sexual power, mme moriarty = emotional power and raven moon = mental power. i love them all for different reasons and different situations. :)

Ooooh, YEAH! Lots of my favorites out there! DH is usually the Bow and Crown wearer but I'm snaggin' it!

(Slathered on the rest of his last imp-NAUGHTY!)

Edited by lookingglass

Anne Bonny - because she was a pirate and because the woods/patchouli/incense all seem strong and fearless to me.

Battles are no time for florals, fruits and aquatics.

Witchblade for when I have something difficult to deal with

Sara Pezzini just tends to make me confident overall

Penumbra tends to unleash my strategic plot-making side O_O

Magus: Has proven to be powerful for me and feels like strength in a bottle, but also like a male strength so it may not work as well for you.

Tzadikim Nistarim: A quiet but powerful holy scent, just like the Hidden 36 it represents. Contains sacred herbs of antiquity.

High John the Conqueror: Has worked exactly as in the description.

The White Rider: Powerful to me because it's my signature scent. It represents the bright sun of the day (The Red Rider is sunset, The Black Rider is night), and is my perfect combination of sandalwood and leather. It says to everyone around me, "here I am, shining in your face, deal with it."

Edited by catalyst

Brom Bones exudes the most strength IMHO - It's assertive, masculine and powerful in a neolithic sort of way.

Ronin is a quieter sort of power, though words fail me at the moment for a more astute description.

Snake Oil, WBSP1 (the Sarah Pezzini proto), and Samhain also come to mind

All Night Long - to me this is not terribly 'sexy' like it's "supposed to be" based on description/reviews/intent. To me this is a dry, confident smell, and on me it wears like sarcastic remarks and smiling glares with a side of barely-concealed badassery.

Chimera - my 'comfort scent', of sorts, so it's not really an ass-kicking sort of 'battle scent' but it's one that helps if I'm having an anxious sort of day, so it still counts, for me.

Also Cathode has a certain regal sort of power behind it, on me - though I haven't tried it out in such situations, so I can't be entirely certain if it would have the desired effect or not. It probably would. I should try it, I suppose.

Fighter - Pure leather. Powerful and unapologetic, but somehow thoughtful.

Kroenen - This combo (incense, metal, vetiver, leather) is just "rawr" yet balancing as well.

Dee - Conveys a strength through intelligence.

Satan and Death with Sin Intervening - Sexy strong vetiver.

Michael Casts Out All the Fallen Angels - Holy vengeance to be sure.

BPAL's leather and vetiver are big standouts when it comes to "battle" scents for me.

Edited by Balame

Here's one that I just got, plan to wear it (along with Lionheart on my chakras), I like the scent of it, plus I like the intention, Martian Phoenix...

The lion!! Wow!

That reminded me, there's also Lionheart, but I haven't personally tried that one.

For TALs: I like Lionheart. I do wear it when I feel scared/nervous. It is soft, warm, ambery, and feels comforting, rather than "roar" so it helps me in those kind of situations. Brass Balls is even better if you really need to be super confident! I tend to layer that under something else, though, because Lionheart and a few others aside, I'm usually no taken with the scent of the TALs!

I gave Wolfsheart to my friend when she was grieving for losing her father and she felt it helped.

I also find Chimera very comforting.

I sometimes wear Alecto for power, but more because on me it smells like the best christmas trees ever! :)

I have some scents from other companies I tend to wear if I want to just feel confident, and I have some magical oils from other companies that I wear if the situation needs it. (My favorite is a blend for Maman Brigitte).

I use Rogue when I need to be really hard and able to withstand negative emotion - something about the leather and rosin makes it a 'cruel' scent to me. (There's an image in my head of this scent that's of Pike's Place Market in Seattle after it's closed, all cold tile and old wood with a grey, enveloping sky out the windows over the turbulent ocean).

When I need to be empowered and kick serious ass, it's Dragon's Heart.