Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tyroneslothrop

I do love cedar...

I've had some great recommendations for male/androgynous scents...Love this forum...I now wish to have a couple more recommendations for wood scents (which I wear well)...I saw the Sandalwood thread and had great recommendation for White Rider which interests me as one with Sandalwood....is there also a sexy Cedar one that leaps out for anybody? ;)

Aureus to me is a gorgeous cedar-y wood scent (I've been known to layer that with O and basically get 'Sex in a Cedar Chest'). If you like spice/cinnamon, Sin might also be worth a sniff--I know it's patch, but it has a very cedar vibe to it for me. Magus is nice as well. Tombstone also has cedar, but depending on what you amp you can get a sweet rootbeer/vanilla vibe from it. Still nice, but not woods. :lol:

There's also a wood recommendation thread here if you haven't browsed that, yet.

Edited by skyelyric

I personally quite like Intrigue:

A sultry, exotic scent that inspires devious plotting and clandestine affairs. It is a scent painted in artifice, veiled in deceit, and slithering with whispered secrets. Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

Tombstone is amazing on me...

Let's see...there was something else that had cedar in it I reviewed recently...

ETA: Ok, I can't find the one I was looking for...but I can recommend Ranger as a really nice scent with woods. It's like woods and leather, it's wonderful.

Edited by Wren12

i second ranger. it's technically pine and juniper, but it registers as pretty cedar-y! :) it's a delightful unisex scent...i just put some on my boyfriend this morning and he smells DELECTABLE.

Edited by joyfulgirl

I would like to think I'd have some cred considering my handle is SophieCedar... hahahah just kidding.

Really though, Tombstone is an awesome cedar scent. My husband adds it to his homemade pomade every day after shampooing with Lush's Fair Trade Honey. The combo smells fucking divine! (sorry for the sailor mouth but he hit gold on this one and I had to share)

Other cedar recs?

1st that pops to mind is Bow & Crown of Conquest. This is basically White Rider but MORE. Nobility and haughtiness befitting the Antichrist: sage, carnation and cedar with lavender, vanilla, white musk and leather.

The other I would recommend is Aelopile: Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud. The cedar comes through more than the description lays out...

ps:

I'm a sandalwood NUT. Have been for almost 20 years. I love anything smelling of sandalwood or that emotes sandalwoody goodness.... While bpal doesn't use real sandalwood (they're environmentally kind/awesome) I do like the following:

Tushnamatay: smooth buttery sandalwood blend that really does help me breathe an anxiety reducing exhale of relief. Great for day and evening.

Titus Andronicus: Pure AWESOME. Dark musk and black amber with frankincense, red sandalwood, neroli and bergamot.

Brown Jenkin: this smells like the color brown..I will try not to quote the Satanic Shoe Salesman from Kids in the Hall every time I hear the word brown... you are welcome. Still awesome and nuzzly: dusty white sandalwood and orris root, dry coconut husk, creeping musk, and the residue of ceremonial incense.

Kathmandu: this might fare better on you than it did me... The scent of sacred incense swirling up the steep slopes to Swayambhunath Stupa. Saffron, blessed sandalwood, Himalayan cedar and the miraculous lotus of the Buddha with chiuri bark and Nepalese spices.

You want pure woody sex, you say? Why, you should try...Antikythera Mechanism: Bronze gears spin inside a polished wooden case, and an entire universe dances within. Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco. its UNGH in a bottle.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Edited by SophieCedar

Thank you Sophie, those are amazing recs...thanks for taking the time. In addition to the Tombstone which you linked with Lush (my partner used to work there, and I do like alot of their skin and hair things) I really like the sound of Titus Andronicus and the last one...the sexy one!

I would like to think I'd have some cred considering my handle is SophieCedar... hahahah just kidding.

Really though, Tombstone is an awesome cedar scent. My husband adds it to his homemade pomade every day after shampooing with Lush's Fair Trade Honey. The combo smells fucking divine! (sorry for the sailor mouth but he hit gold on this one and I had to share)

Edited by tyroneslothrop

I agree with Tombstone, but I also recommend Lear: White cedarwood, blue sage and bay leaf. It sounds really sharp and harsh, but it's actually very light and smooth. A white pencil, maybe? *chuckles*

I agree with Tombstone, but I also recommend Lear: White cedarwood, blue sage and bay leaf. It sounds really sharp and harsh, but it's actually very light and smooth. A white pencil, maybe? *chuckles*

Hi Catalyst,

I will def get Tombstone then, but I have to say it is Lear that started this whole thing. I received it as an imp, and just found it is one I like myself, but that others don't necessarily care either way about! Perhaps that is a topic of its own, or I am sure it already is somewhere. I really learned how I like cedar as a personally calming scent...for whatever reason. Lear was interesting, because people don't really seem to notice it on me, but I find it amongst the most noticeable scents I can sense on myself! Why is that? Perhaps this perfectly fits the loneliness and befuddled isolation of the perfume's namesake!

Seconding The Bow and crown of Conquest but my favorite sexy cedar blend is VILF- Vampire smut: patchouli-infused honey, red musk, red sandalwood, red ginger, pink pepper, Peru balsam, dark Eastern florals, Himalayan cedar, smoky vanilla, bitter clove, and leather.

Edited by Mel85

Omg, duh, VILF is the oil I was thinking of! Cedar, leather and sin. So so so good!

If you like both cedar and sandalwood - then I second the cathedral recommendation. Sandalwood and cedar are dominant notes in it (to me) and it just smells so woody and incense-y and gorgeous (in a very "clean" way).

Interesting how scents are different on people. I didn't even realize Tombstone HAD cedar. It's all rootbeer and vanilla on me.

And VILF is mostly patch on me. Love it, but it's not a wood scent on me.

But Alecto is fabulous, and thought it has an almost evergreen top note on me, it quickly becomes a very nice cedar. When I was craving a straight up cedar scent awhile ago, I was happy to go to it.

The Pit & The Pendulum. Reviews vary, but this was very cedar dominant on my skin. Lucky for me, because I love cedar, too.

Seconding Kathmandu, Antikythera Mechanism, & The Bow & Crown of Conquest.

Also, Heretic. Doesn't have sandalwood listed as a note, but I've received sooo many compliments on that one. Two of the people who loved it thought it was a sandalwood blend. And one of those people was a candle maker.

I would like to recommend How Doth The Little Crocodile: Chocolate peppermint, mint-soaked vanilla, pistachio, oakmoss, and green cedar. On me it's mostly chocolate and cedar, a very yummy combination ;)

Read through and noticed no one had mentioned one of the scents that is very cedar-y to me, Mandrake. It's got a drydown that's very foresty cedar, and less cedar wood furniture.

Also, an old LE, but Ventriloquist's Dummy was almost pure cedar.

Aelopile is almost woodworking shop woody to me, with a lot of cedar overtones.

Azathoth has a very sharp cedar to it, but dries down to a dark woody, musky incense.

Kathmandu's a good balance of sandalwoody cedar and spice. Sri Lanka is similar, but 'darker' to me, if that makes sense.

The Jersey Devil has a very strong cedar note in it, as well.

Umbra's all patchouli and cedar to my nose.

Interesting how scents are different on people. I didn't even realize Tombstone HAD cedar. It's all rootbeer and vanilla on me.

And VILF is mostly patch on me. Love it, but it's not a wood scent on me.

Ah, body chemistry...patch on my skin *has* a very cedar-y smell. :lol:

I second Ventriloquist's Dummy. It's almost a single note cedar on me, with a tiny sweet yet tart fruit aspect. Also in this years Weenies was Third Charm: fiery red musk, luminous elemi, East Indian patchouli, champaca flower, cedar incense, ho wood, and hemlock accord sweetened with a peculiar sweet honey. It's lovely.