Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

fresh basil leaves?

ok, so I have a basil plant on my window. And when i make pasta sauce, I grab some leaves, tear them and smoosh them and add them to the sauce. I was smelling my fingers and it would be divine in an oil! Spicy, slightly sweet, green earthy.

Are there any bpal oils that smell like fresh basil leaves?

It's not really basil-ly, per se, but Strangler Fig is sort of along the lines of what you're talking about, although it is more sweet, slightly spicy, green earthy if that makes sense.

I really like Hagsgate as a vegetal garden scent. It is in the Last Unicorn series. I don't know if it is basil exactly, but it is slightly sweet and spicy,

You might also try Garden Path With Chickens, it is a DC Salon blend, but fairly easy to find. It has a touch too much of a floral note for me, but it has nasturtium which is slightly spicy.

It's not bpal, but haus of gloi's apothecary oil has a basil heavy dry down. Very interesting and herby spicy, a little lemony. It smells exactly what I would expect an apothecary to smell like. Lots of herbs, some dry,lavender and such, resinous backdrop.

Antony in BPALs catalogue is basil and sage. Really nice with a slight sweet insence backdrop on the earthy herbs.

I need to track Antony down for my hubby!!! It sounds exactly like him!! Like a perfect scent to personality match!! Woohoo!!

Temple dreams eh? Me needs to try!! Cause everything else is more herbal and green but not basil with the sweet green spice.