Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Input, please!

Name: Elizabeth M Dunbar

URL, if applicable: n/a

Photo, if you don't mind: none available at the moment (working on it!)

Sin of choice: vanity, followed closely by lust and gluttony

Virtue you embody: loyalty

Astrological Info: er, i need help here libra on the virgo/libra cusp 9/23

How you found out about BPAL: the infamous viciousviolet and jj_j on mua

Any comments: i have been a perfume junkie on and off my entire life. i have made several purchases thinking i would find the scent that embodies who i am, and before bpal, i was coming up empty-handed. now, i have several scents that i wear that can provoke emotional and physical response in the wearer and the, er, sniffer, yet smell unbelievably gorgeous...

Name: Jo Anne

Photo: http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Sierona/jo78.jpg

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Sierona/Jo301.jpg

Sin of Choice: Lust (mmmmm lust...)

Virtue you embody: Love (nothing feels better then the insanity of love whhheeee!)

Astrological Info: Taurus Sunsign, Capricorn Moon and Cancer Ascendent

How you found out about BPAL: I have a girlfriend who wears BPAL fragrances and i had to pester her where she got her scents! So glad i did... I am such a Bpal addict now!

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I never really wore perfume at all... only on rare occasion, department store perfumes just never suited me... Elizabeth's oils definately enhance my feeling beautiful, sexy and strong. Thank you so much for creating such wonderful blends!

Name: DonnaMarie

Photo:thumbnail.jpg

Sin;Sloth/Gluttony

Virtue you EmbodyLoyalty, mind my own business

Astrological Info:Aries

How you found out about BPAL:At the Lush Board

Edited by Pandorra

Name: Amy

URL, if applicable: http://wonderbiscuit.com - Not that there is anything to it just now...

Photo, if you don't mind: I'll try to upload one when I get home.

Sin of choice: Envy, unfortunately.

Virtue you embody: Hope.

Astrological Info: Pisces sun, Scorpio moon and Virgo ascendant.

How you found out about BPAL: My friend Kurt referred me to his friend Rachel for my last set of extensions, and she smelled beautiful. At that time she was associated with the lab, and gave me some yummy imps.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: Elizabeth rocks my socks!

Koumori

URL: The Suspicious Closet

Photos: Take your pick

Sin of choice: Envy. And Gluttony.

Virtue you embody: Honor

Astrological Info: Astrology is on the very long list of things I don't believe in. However, I once had my chart drawn up just for kicks, and for those to whom these things matter, I have a sun in Virgo, a moon in Taurus and Pisces rising.

How you found out about BPAL: You know, I don't even remember!

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I'll just add to what others have said about the "feel" and experience of dealing with the Lab and with Elizabeth. The scents are wonderful, but that alone wouldn't keep me coming back for so much more; Elizabeth's personality and personal attention, this great community of wonderful people, the positive vibe... shopping at BPAL is much more than a plain old shopping experience! I'm always impressed by Elizabeth's ability to make her scents evocative of exactly what they're meant to be.

Name Delilah

URL, if applicable (none)

Photo, if you don't mind

20043121408002842348148.jpg

Sin of choice [Not the scent, the proper sin ] Pride

Virtue you embody Balance, always and never the same

Astrological Info Libra dipping a toe in Scorpio

How you found out about BPAL the Lush forums, once Lush wasn't enough to keep my nose happy.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general

I've never smelled any sort of product that created such clear and evocative images. Combining my imagination and synaesthesia with Elizabeth's scents is like stepping into another world, so much more than just one sense working. These oils make me see things, smell things, hear birds sing somewhere in the distance. Black Phoenix, Queen of Hearts, Lady MacBeth, Persephone... each one is a dream with the power to asphyxiate me as I sniff myself all day.

Name - Dee

URL - BlackRayne

Photo, if you don't mind - I need to do a new one (my hair's dark blue now!), but here's the most recent:

greenrayne2.jpg

Sin of choice [Not the scent, the proper sin] - Wrath

Virtue you embody - loyalty

Astrological Info - Leo, Capricorn rising

How you found out about BPAL - I first heard of the site on GothicAuctions several years ago, but didn't become an addict until I started chatting with Beth on the GothAuctions forums last year.

Name- Kris

URL- I don't have one

Photo- Sorry, but no visuals available at present time

Sin(s) - well, I'm a lusty wench, but pride is a close second :P

Virtue(s) - Loyality, ingenuity and the ability to find humor and hope in the darkest of circumstances (Dubya in office IS funny, if you take away the tragic elements of it all) :D

Sun sign- Aries with a Libra moon (I think its a Libra moon, I'm really BAD with astrology)

How I found out about BPAL- all by my lonesome, I stumbled upon it online....sooo very glad I did!

Any other comments-Grown quite fond of this little corner of the cyber universe. Been looking for non-chemical scents for a while. Found them here with twists of humor, good vibes and a delightful community.

Name - Claire

URL - nope sorry

Photo - not that technological just yet!!

Sins - Gluttony & Lust at the mo!!

Virtues - Loyal,faithful,reliable,friendly,easygoing

Astrological info - virgo or libra...need to know was born 9.30pm sunday 23rd Septembr 1973!!

How you found out about BPAL - through Lush forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: the oils are unique & heavenly and smell unlike any of the commerical/synthetic crap floating around at the mo! can't use spray fragances too often as they irritate me too much but these oils are a blessing!! I love the design, the forum & the devotion of beth towards her products & customers!! i was addicted from the 1st sight of the website and from the moment i sniffed my 1st oil!!! fave motto at the moment is "tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it..." and "try everything at least once!!"

Name: Teresa

URL: none

Photo: I am way too computer illiterate to put in a pic, if I did, it would be this one from my full on industrial fiend days, now I have to pretend to be a good little graduate student/assistant instructor and can't do fun things like dye my hair blue anymore:(

Sin of choice: it's gotta be wrath, I am super easy going until you go to far then it's pretty damn near impossible to get me to forgive you, probably the main reason I no longer have contact with any of my exes:>

Virtue you embody: I am generous to the point of getting walked on, not the best combo with wrath

Astrological Info: Leo

How you found out about BPAL: LUSH N.A. forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I refuse to even sniff perfumes from anywhere else now. I am a customer for life! It's the one way I can still be a closet goth everyday

Name: Mary

URL: none for now

Photo: Don't have any recent ones on the comp just now

Sin of choice: Gluttony or Wrath

Virtue you embody: Generosity, Honesty (Though being honest seems to be a sin in it's own right!)

Astrological Info: Virgo sun, Cancer moon, Tarus ascendant

How you found out about BPAL: Lush UK forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I love the fact that the scents from BPAL embody the "darker" side of life . . . so many people seem not to acknowledge it's existence, let alone celebrate it!

Name nenia

URL http://nenia.net

Photo http://images5.fotki.com/v62/photos/4/4984...dollie3a-vi.jpg

Sin lust

Virtue you embody love

Astrological Info capricorn/aquarius cusp(jan 20) with pisces rising.

How you found out about BPAL

it was so long ago i don't remember. i think through yahoo perhaps, looking up different scent oils. i am far too addicted to scents (&well, a lot of things) i didn't start participating in the community until recently though.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general

trying to decide if i should sink or swim. standing at a crossroads all leading to dead ends. fraying apart the last bit left of the blanket in the bitter cold. a bright white canvas slashed with bright red and bitter black. contradiction with a candy smile. spirit and poetry. life, death and energy. painted pretty poisoned pictures.

a whirlwind of chaos, excitement, disappointment, emotions intertwined into millions of silent screams. do you see me now?

.......i could go on forever, and never give you a straight answer.

Edited by nenia

Name Amy

URL, if applicable my blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/nevermore17/ (but it's pretty much babble that won't interest anyone but me)

Photo, if you don't mind I haven't got one right now.... I can dig one up though.

Sin of choice Lust and/or wrath

Virtue you embody Loyalty to my friends and family, intellegence....

Astrological Info Scorpio

How you found out about BPAL LUSH Canada Forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general... I would put something witty about life in here, but alas, it's too early in the morning to be witty.

Name: Renée

URL: http://www.wyrdbyrd.org/

Photo: my ISP is whacked -- image forthcoming

Sin of choice: Wrath

Virtue you embody: Fortitude

Astrological Info: Libra sun, 11th House; Cancer moon, 8th House; Scropio ascendant, 1st House; Leo pars fortuna, 9th House. Bucket pattern chart, heavy in the Southern Hemisphere and 4th Quarter.

How you found out about BPAL: From a thread on the North American Lush forum.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: "Anything you do will be insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by byrdie

Name: Renee

URL, if applicable

Photo: can't figure out how to post it

Sins of choice: Lust, too direct sometimes, my head's hard, and I have no patience

Virtues you embody: Perspicacious, generous, open-minded, warm, sympathetic, nothing shocks me and I have no fear

Astrological Info: Sag, Sag rising, Cap Moon, Venus/Neptune conjunct in Scorpio

How you found out about BPAL: MUA descriptions of BPAL scents were utterly captivating

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: Can't wait to get my first order, and am loving the forum and the people on it.

Edited by Fulltiltredhead

Name - Becky

URL - none

Photo - sorry, not right now

Sin of choice - vanity, gluttony, drunkeness

Virtue you embody - honesty, loyalty

Astrological Info - Virgo (Septmeber 17)

How you found out about BPAL - those stinkin' enablers on the Lush NA forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general - thank goodness for the Lab! department store perfumes all smell alike to me, BPAL are fresh and unique and don't smell like anything else out there! perfume, like life needs some individuality and uniqueness! I'm so happy that I found this company!

:P

Name: Tina

www.livejournal.com/maldragirl

Picture: There should be a photo in the picture tread.

Sin of choice: Lust

Virtue you embody:Open-ness( open minded, open mouthed;), and open hearted)

Astrological Info: Libra, and from what little I know about astrology I'm a typical Libra indecisive, very into art and very crafty, also very open and opinionated.

How you found out about BPAL: i found you thru http://www.sblades.com/

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general:

I find the scents are pushing me to educate myself. Educate myself on how they were made, being able to pick of different notes and the like. I have been sharing my little find with everyone I can hoping to get them hooked like i was, and maybe learn some very useful and interesting things too

Name: Pam

URL: not applicable

Photo: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...38/f9ca0212.jpg

But I might add / replace

Sin of choice: Gluttony, Lust, is impatience a sin??

Virtue: Considerate, Caring, Loving, Resilient

Astrological Info: Libra

How you found out about BPAL: Via UK Lush Forum

It is so nice to find a company that not only produces great goods but cares about customer service too. This is more like dealing with like-minded friends rather than business, here you are an individual and are treated as such. I love the oils and love the people. This is now a way of life.

Edited by allamanda

Ok, I thought I'd do my part :P

Name: Piia

URL: I do have one, but it's all in Finnish...

Photo: None, but I'll try working something out

Sin of Choice: Lust, Wrath, and Vanity. I confess to all three. Usually simultaneously.

Virtue: Charity and Prudence. This is what I strive for. (a cool site on sins & virtues: Deadly Sins)

Astrological info: Capricorn Sun, Leo Moon, Cancer Rising

How did you find out about BPAL: By pure chance, I bumped into it. Propably on one of my endless searches for natural perfume.

I haven't had the priviledge to try any of the BPAL scents yet, but I still believe you've got something very unique here. I was a "perfumer-in-training" and I wasn't very good at it, so I can really appreciate the amazing scents you've created.

The thing that got me hooked, was the fact you use *essential oils* to create them. I've been searching for living, breathing, soulful perfume for ages. Thank you.

Name: Victoria aka Victory

url: not done yet

Photo: xovictoryxolwLPDR.jpg

Sin of Choice: Lust and Wrath

Virtue: Spoken word, Passion, Honesty

Astrological sign: libra.jpg

How I found out about BPAL: Jezebel from the Lush UK Forum :P

I love BPAL's unique scents, the customer service is outstanding, and I am hooked :D

I hope that I'm not too late!

Name: Tammy ]

URL: http://www.livejournal.com/users/lumiererouge

Photo: Here's one of me as a flapper :D --

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/pics/2/3/23255-96.jpg

Sin of choice [Not the scent, the proper sin]: Lust

Virtue you embody: Thoughtfulness, honesty, integrity, tenacity and self-respect.

Astrological Info: Taurus sun; Virgo moon; Taurus mars; Aries mercury; Gemini venus; Scorpio saturn; Sagittarius jupiter; Sagittarius uranus; Sagittarius neptune; Libra pluto.

How you found out about BPAL: A bunch of people gave glowing reviews for BPAL oils at MUA's perfume board, so I decided to trek over.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I don't have any comments right now, as I am still waiting for my order (ok, well, it's actually a birthday gift from my boyfriend, but I'm still excited nontheless!) :P

Edited by SilverGarland

saw the last post & thought I'd join in.

Name: Christine

URL & Photo: None yet

Sin of Choice: Gluttony & Lust

Virtue you Embody: Loyalty

Astrological info: Gemini Sun, Scorpio Moon, Virgo Rising. Mars in Capricon & most, if not all, of the rest in Cancer. Most people guess I am Cancerian.

How did you find out about BPAL: I read a rather unkind review on a MUA thread. I didn't like the person's "tone", so I thought I'd check it out for myself. I'm very happy that I did. I like it here.

Any comments about the Lab or life in general: Life is too short. However, I think our gifted :P Lab Goddess has gathered around her a teriffic group of warm, genuine, no holds bared kind of folks who share a common love for finely crafted, fragrance, as well as respect for intelligence and literature. Not to mention a good side splitting joke.

My final comment is: Brian you remind me of a young Lord Byron. Thanks for helping Elizabeth in the Lab. :D

Name: eva

Url: I have a livejournal account but it’s for stalking purposes only

Photo: http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v95/li...rr/f35503a2.jpg

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v95/li...rr/3b8693fa.jpg

Sin of choice: wrath, vanity, sloth

Virtues: discretion, charm, wry sense of humor

Astrological info: leo sun, capricorn moon & rising

How you found out about BPAL: by reading someone’s journal, but for the life of me I just can’t seem to remember.

Any comments you’d like to add about the Lab: nothing in the world makes me happier, bouncier and perkier than planning a BPAL order.

Edited by murr

Name: Tania Allen

URL, if applicable: http://tygher.livejournal.com (It's friends only, so comment if you want to read it.)

Photo, if you don't mind: I posted one in the photo topic.

Sin of choice: Wrath.

Virtue you embody: Felicitas (Roman Virtue- Happiness and Prosperity), Liberalitas (Roman Virtue - Generous Giving)

Here's a site explaining the Roman Virtures, which I like better than the Christian ones, anyway. The Roman Virtues

Astrological Info: Western-Scorpio, Eastern-Wood Tiger

How you found out about BPAL: My darling husband found you.

Edited by TygherRayn

Name: Andra

URL: A work in progress

Photo: Artist's rendering

Sin of choice: Lust, Self Indulgence

Virtue you embody: Strength, Humor, Loyalty, Self Indulgence

Astrological Info: Born 22nd September 1969, Virgo say the charts...

any astrologers out there can have a go at figuring it out for me

How you found out about BPAL: MUA

I like to surround myself, my home and my life with fragrance. Finding this community has given me the opportunity to share my feelings on fragrance and get tips and advice from other like minded individuals. I am looking forward to receiving my first order so that I may expand my fragrance base and perhaps dabble in making some fragrant bath products for gifts as well as for myself. Life is far more enjoyable when everything smells good!

Edited by andrabell