Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Input, please!

Ok guys, as soon as everything calms down [HA HA HA HA HA -- ugh] I want to put together a section of the site that has info about all of our beloved customers. If any of you want me to put you up, please leave a message here with

Name [First name only if you want. I don't want to promote stalking! :D]

URL, if applicable

Photo, if you don't mind

Sin of choice [Not the scent, the proper sin :P ]

Virtue you embody

Astrological Info

How you found out about BPAL

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general

I reckon I should be able to get this done in about a month, but I did want to throw it out there early.

Thanks, guys!

With the sin, are we talking personality trait (like being overly prideful or lusty) or most frequent sin activity (frequent one-night stands, malicious gossip, violent temper tantrums etc.)?

And how specific do you want the astrological info? LOL I'm an astro geek so I just want to make sure I don't bable on for a lengthy paragraph if you only want my sun and ascendant. :P

Ingrid

no url

I think that pic of me drunk at 17 should be appropriate but sure I have even more embarrasing ones you could use

Sin- can I have a hybrid Lust/anger??? as the two go hand in hand with me- I lust after men who aggravate me, I love a good fight! One sin triggers off the other & vice versa :D

Virtue? Vampishness- or sassiness, not sure though if my brand of Vamp is more sassy or saucy or a bit of both.

Aries sun Scorp moon & rising :P-

Found out about BPAL through chatting to Beth on the Goth auctions forums & seeing auctions there :D also through fetish kitten as I updated her detials on the site when the lab last had a big change.

comments? Obsessed with the lab & all the gorgeous smells & adore Beth & am proud to call her friend :D I'm very picky with onlne friends as I find the net can be a cold forum but when I started chatting with Beth it's like I can visualise her there yakking away ciggie in hand - she's so animated in her writing that I got a visual & could tell she's the sort of person that if I met in the street we'd have made friends right there & then as she reminds me of what my non-online friends are like- the coomon threads my friends all have- uber intelligent & educated, rapier wits, natural born cynics, artsists, comedians & all round crazy people.

Name [Krista B. or Laivine (Krista in Sindarin Elvish) or Quickie (long story) ]

URL, if applicable: www.quickiegirl.diaryland.com or www.livejournal.com/users/laivine

Photo, non currently available, but I can get one pretty easy if you need it.

Sin of choice [Glusty, I'm a lustful glutton or a gluttonous lustbody, not much for the other ones]

Virtue you embody: deep empathy coupled with a timely ability to keep my mouth shut, oh yeah, and I'm modest too!

Astrological Info: Aquarius Sun, Libra Moon and Rising

How you found out about BPAL: Bust Board and then, directly afterwards, I morphed into a giant nose, smelling anything and everything.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general:

Um, that I love it the lab? That it inspires me, that it makes me feel good, that I want to share it, that I want to help it grow? Say that just knowing about BPAL now, at this budding stage, makes me feel really special. And those first e-mails made me feel as if this was a company that gave a real damn that I was happy...which, frankly, blew my mind. And was I happy, hot damn. I wear Phantom Queen and I own the fucking room which is unusual for me. I adore it, I always want it to be a part of my life. If there's ever a BPAL fan club, I want in.

Name Lizzie Borden

URL, if applicable http://www.livejournal.com/users/lizzyborden711/

Photo, if you don't mind http://www.photos.yahoo.com/rokstarr712/

Sin of choice A dangerous mix of sloth, gluttony, and lust.

Virtue you embody Open-mindedness

Astrological Info All I know is I'm a very strong Cancer, but if anyone wants to tell me what a person born on 7/11/87 Saturday at 4:50pm. I'd be happy to know

How you found out about BPAL Busting!

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general <3Beth<3! BPAL was given me an appreciation for scent that I never had before. And honestly, I'm throwing more money at you people. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't something addictive in these blends (other than I know you three are too sweet for that :P )

Name: Sandy

URL, if applicable: none

Photo, if you don't mind: I'll see if I can get one together, although I'd prefer that you all just pretend that I'm really attractive :D

Sin of choice: Pride :P

Virtue you embody: Intelligence and an uncanny ability to crack codes :D

Astrological Info: Pisces sun, Cancer ascendant, Capricorn moon

How you found out about BPAL: The Lush forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: Elizabeth's oils are as gorgeous and creative as she is. I am a lifelong fragrance whore and have become completely enraptured by the imagination and quality of the Lab and their work. I also have found the BPAL forum members to be vibrant, interesting, and warm people. BPAL is so much more than just a company that makes nice-smelling oils - there is a level of artistry and a feeling of personal connection that is the antithesis of everything that is bad about corporate America.

Edited by twistygirl

Name: Clephan / Stephanie

URL: My Website / My Livejournal

Photo: proms1_th.jpg

Link to decent-sized version here.

Sin of choice: Envy

Virtue you embody: Patience

Astrological Info: Pisces

How you found out about BPAL: Through the Gothfash Livejournal community, specifically this post led me to the auctions, and the description of Samhain, and I was hooked from that second on!

Comments: I cannot praise Beth's imagination, talent and care for her customers highly enough. This store is a gem amongst all the dross that is Goth shopping.

Edited by clephan

Name: Jo or Joanna / Red Jezebel

URL: LiveJournal

Photo: My favourite photo is on my NethGoth profile

Sin of choice: They all apply to some degree, but Anger and Sloth especially.

Virtue you embody: Of the 7 heavenly virtues? Prudence.

Astrological Info: Aries (born on March 21).

How you found out about BPAL: Through Clephan / Stephanie on her LJ.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab: The creativity of Elizabeth and her team in creating these scents is nothing short of amazing. The scents are utterly awe-inspiring and gorgeous and there always something for everyone. Their customer care is second to none.

Edited by red_jezebel

Name: Joyce

URL: none

Photo: have no digital photo´s :P

Sin of choice: Gluttony and wrath.

Virtue you embody: Loyalty. friendlyness

Astrological Info: Aries (born on May 20).

How you found out about BPAL:

Through Lush forum, it took me a while to figure out BPAL wasn´t another weird rock group (as i do not like rock groups)

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab: Love it! never found scent more special and addictive! to me it´s an upgrade to the Lush addiction. Last 6 months Lush has gone a direction I am less keen on. The BPAL Voodoo blends really work (done tests) And I hope Beth and crew will keep up this good work for loooong

Name: Sarah E.

URL : Mango Web Design (WIP) and Serpents Occult Books

Pics: Me and Me, aussi

Sin of choice: vicious combo of lust/sloth/gluttony - a slusttengoth?

Virtue you embody: Patience is the only virtue I have left.

Ok, well I am a great listener and the most devoted/loyal person you could hope to meet too. I also make a mean pumpkin cheesecake, but I don't think that counts.

Astrological Info : Sun - Taurus, Moon - Libra, Rising - Capricorn...what does it mean? I have no freakin' clue.

How you found out about BPAL :

The beautifully eloquent shriekingviolet at the MUA forums

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general : Until I tried the gorgeously delicious fragrance oils from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, all I knew were the mass produced synthetic perfumey crap, that everyone else wears. Now I feel beautifully and uniquely scented everytime I dab these divine oils behind my ears or on my wrists, and that is a lovely feeling to carry around with me all day.

I love supporting a business like Black Phoenix ALchemy Lab with my patronage, small businesses and their inventive, hard-working owners are VERY important to me, and to be able to support them is one of the most important things in the world to me. Anyone who has found a dream and persued it with a passion, like Elizabeth & Co. (and do so well), deserve our unflagging and staunch support!

Name: Angela

URL: http://www.earthly-delight.net

me1001.jpg

Sin of choice: Pride

Virtue you embody: Is tenacity a virtue?

Astrological Info: Sagitarius with Scorpio rising

How you found out about BPAL: Karen Aka Redwitche send me some imps and I was lost.

Beth and her cohorts have a wonderful product! I feel wonderful wearing her scents and for every mood she has something to compliment or create it!!!Beth is simply the sweetest person to deal with and from this pile of cattle dung she's been delt lately she will still come out smelling like a rose!

*edited because I should learn to proof read*

Edited by Paintsnked

NAME: Candice

PHOTO: not at this time

SIN OF CHOICE: wrath

VIRTUE YOU EMBODY: fortitude

ASTROLOGICAL INFO: scorpio

HOW YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT BPAL: all by myself! i searched and searched 'till i found a fragrance company that felt a little like home...

ANY COMMENTS YOU'D LIKE TO ADD ABOUT THE LAB: this isn't some faceless company that could care less about the happiness of the people who adore what they put out. beth and her gang put 150 % of what they've got into their product and they put 200 % into knowing and caring about their customers. for those who thrive on smelling gorgeous and at the same time thrive on being made to feel special and important by the very company that keeps you smelling gorgeous - this is the place you want to be.

Edited by any_old_actress

Name Michelle, April, or "HEY YOU who goes by her middle and first names to confuse people!"

URL, if applicable livejournal.com/~plumlicorice

Photo, if you don't mind

nurse3.jpg

or if you want one that isn't an artsy fartsy self portrait... :P

lesleyme.jpg

my friend lesley and me in san francisco on a ferry.

Sin of choice Lust and pride.

Virtue you embody Humor. Hey, they call it a virtue here! http://www.novaroma.org/via_romana/virtues.html

Astrological Info All I know is that I'm an Aries. This sun/moon/rising/falling stuff is befuddling.

How you found out about BPAL I don't remember, but for the longest time I had lost the URL... until a post on the gothfash Livejournal community.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general I feel much less guilty when I overspend at a small company like Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab as opposed to some huge franchise, which is good for my overall retail therapy experience, although not always healthy for my wallet! :D

Edited by plumlicorice

Name: Jeni

URL: my journal, my personal site (in desperate need of attention and an update), my corset site (also in need of updates and inoperative until the next move. Stupid Landlord. :P)

Photo: clicky here

Sin: Wrath. I love getting up a good mad. Though Lust really IS the pick of the litter.

Virtue: Loyalty, most likely.

Astro: Gemini, Virgo rising, Leo moon

I found BPAL: I remember seeing the site forever ago, and never had the money to order anything, though I was lusting after quite a few scents. Re-found it through a review on Chateau Bizarre, ordered a few things, and was completely hooked.

Comments: I love the way that Elizabeth connects with her customers - it makes me feel like I'm part of some strange and glorious loosely-knit family. And even when everything seems like it's falling around her ears, she *still* comes through. How could anyone not respond to that sort of devotion?

Name: Diana

URL, if applicable: http://log.impolite.org

Photo, if you don't mind: none available at the moment

Sin of choice: "Vanity, definitely my favorite sin"

Virtue you embody: Loyalty, Dignity

Astrological Info: *goes for the short version* Scorpio Sun, Sagittarius moon and Leo rising.

How you found out about BPAL: My pal Sarah email Karyn & I the link after she saw it on the Lush forum.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I've been a fragrance whore the better part of my life, but BPAL is the first company I've found that inspires brand loyalty. Not only are their scents creative and exciting (and numerous!), they're obvious created with love. The personal service the Lab provides is as fantastic as its products. I'm sure I'll be lifelong customer!

Name: Malin

URL: no haven't got one

Photo: the best I can do from here..

Sin of choice: wrath and sloth for sure, sometimes at the same time..

Virtue you embody Loyalty and honesty

Astrological Info Sagittarius....I can never remember the finer details - I'll add them when my brain has rebooted

How you found out about BPAL: from Red Jezebel's thread on the lush forum

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I've been searching for years for scents I can wear without have huge allergic reactions/smell like everone else in the room/get mightily annoyed by naff ad campaigns and then I stumbled upon the glorious Lab. The scents are truly original and heavenly, Elizabeth is saintly and everything about the whole affair is just feeding my twisted little mind. Inspiring stuff.

Name: Amy aka Dark Cello

URL: http://www.biglizardmedia.com (I used this when applying for jobs. It hasn’t been updated in years.)

Photo: Me and my shadow. http://www.biglizardmedia.com/images2/dark_cello.jpg

Sin of choice: Wrath

Virtue you embody: Truth—I am as real as I can be and I don’t try to portray myself as something that I am not.

Astrological Info: Capricorn (1/7/75 6:50am)

How you found out about BPAL: I honestly don’t remember but I found them in January of 2003. I was probably surfing the web looking for clovey perfumes.

About the Lab: The Lab is fantastic. I can’t give them enough props for their hard work and creativity. They make a customer feel like a friend or family member—instead of just a “billing name and invoice number”. Thanks Beth and crew for being so genuine.

About life in general: It’s better to try and fail than never try at all.

Name; Jennifer

URL, coming soon...

Photo, how do I do this? heres a temperary foto;

20043117960699181825651.jpg

or

20043157265692098536051.jpg

Sin of choice; Anger/wrath

Virtue you embody; faith... hope...

Astrological Info; Capricorn sun, moon, mars, Scorpio rising...

How you found out about BPAL; Ummm, I'm thinking I did a gothic fashion search and saw somewhere (who I think) was slythwitch who posted about Black Phoenix, and knew right away I am buying some to give it a whirl. That was in september '03.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general; Ok I like to dance and do mostly gothic inspired belly dance in an urban tribal fusion kinda way. I'm more of a *hippie* chick. Its so hard to say which scents are my favorite but I seem to grab these more that others, oneiroi, sol, capricorn, loviatar, and black lotus is what I am wearing as I type this.

Edited by Nadirah

Name: Melissa (sometimes Ziza)

URL, if applicable: none now

Photo, if you don't mind: sorry!

Sin of choice: wrath and/or sloth

Virtue you embody: truth

Astrological Info: Taurus sun, Libra moon, Libra Ascendant

How you found out about BPAL: Bust (the lounge before the mag)

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I love the lab! Still looking for the perfect scent, but I'll find is sonner or later. Also, Beth is the pinnacle of generosity!!

Edited by darklorelei

Name: Dawn

URL: n/a

Photo: Took me two days to figure out the avatar business..we'll see how long this takes!

Sin of Choice: Rock and/or Roll

Virtue: Justice

Astrological Info: Libra

How you found out about BPAL: Twisty/Sandy found it and the rest is herstory

Comments: I feel so honored to be part of this wonderfully wacky and caring cast of characters. You are all such dolls, so sharp and funny and Miss Elizabeth is the lady of the lake with her fabulous scents and delightful wit. Its a pleasure to smell so pure and individual!

Edited by Polexia

Name: Lisa

URL, if applicable: http://www.lesamisfencing.com

Photo, if you don't mind:

pirates.jpg

I'm the one on the left, holding the knife.

Sin of choice: oh, definitely wrath. Yep, that's me.

Virtue you embody: Honesty, honor

Astrological Info: Capricorn with Pisces ascendent (darklorelei, send me your birth info. I do astrological charts; I'd be happy to check it out for you!)

How you found out about BPAL: My friend Trish sent me the link. She said she thought of me immediately because I'm a chemist, LOL.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: BPAL has brought me back into the world of scents. I never used to wear perfume (I hate anything alcohol based), just different oils from Azure Green. Now...the sky's the limit!!

Name: Karyn

URL, if applicable: http://black-dove.net

Photo, if you don't mind: Me and Me with Neil Gaiman

Sin of choice: Lust followed closely by Wrath

Virtue you embody: Loyalty and Honesty. A lot of ty's in general

Astrological Info: Virgo Sun, Sagittarius moon and Gemini rising. Born in the year of the Ram and my celtic sign is Hazel

How you found out about BPAL: My friend Sarah emailed Diana and I about the site when she found the link on the Lush forum. The rest is history.

Any comments you'd like to add about the Lab or life in general: I've never really worn perfume daily as I couldn't find any scents that really struck a cord with me...but the Lab has changed that. Not only do the oils smell absolutely divine but they're inspired by things I adore which makes it even better. The customer service is outstanding too (but you already knew you guys were awesome right?) and the little community we have here is uber shibby. Plus the Lab is the only place that has perfumes that genuinely make me feel sexy as hell :P

Name: Erin

Photo: still trying to figure out how to do this one

Sin of choice: Lust followed closely by vanity

Virtue you embody: Honesty (brutal honesty) and loyalty

Astrological Info: Sagittarius, but a wanna-be scorpio

How you found out about BPAL: From shriekingviolet and viciousviolet's poetic reviews on MUA.

About the Lab: I have never had such personal customer service. Elizabeth provides updates on her status the status of the lab and the shipments. She clearly cares about her customers and her product and it shows in the complex unusual and enticing blends she creates.

About life in general: If you don't take risks you will always wonder what might have been. Also, sometimes falling without a net is the only way to inspire growth.

Name: Lora

URL: None

Photo: I don't have a digital scanner (Beth you can post the one you have you'd like)

Sin: Gluttony -- Too much of a good thing is never enough for me...Just ask Beth, she can vouge for this. I started collecting 5 ml bottles of BPAL (placed first order on 12/26/03) and now have over 80 bottles.........yes I am addicted. At least it's not a self destructive addiction.

Virtue: I believe in treating every human being (and animal) with sincere compassion and respect. The world can always use more kindness. It is such a harsh place.

Astro Info: LIBRA with Virgo rising and Moon in Sagittarius....straightorward by nature, dislike conflict. Virgo rising....analytical, critical and good with detail oriented work. Typical Libra, indecisive, tendencies towards instant gratification and overindulgence, diplomatic, strong inclinations toward music, art and drama and relationships are important.

I found BPAL over Christmas while the Lush Forum was down. I discovered it on the UK forum and was so intrigued by it that I started a thread on the NA Lush Forum and the rest is history. I have been using pure fragrance oils for about the last 7 years, but I'm glad I found BPAL, as I love the funky, dark edge her oils have and the large variety to suit my many moods.

I, also, conversed with Beth via email and she is quite colorful and animated in her writing and I immediately took a real liking to her. She is such an interesting and talented person. I once asked her how she got into the "Perfume Business" and she totally blew me away with her response. She is so talented and experienced at this stuff. Her extensive knowledge regarding voodoo recipes and astrology intrigue me and she makes the best smelling oils I've ever tried. I love her and know I drive her crazy with my BPAL obsession. She is such a sweetie. I have only known her since she's been sick (Christmas time) and now duing this USPS snafu. I really hope things calm down so I can get to know her a little better. It's nice being in this BPAL family (cult - he he).

Sorry for the long reply - detail oriented, obsessive/compulsive Libra who is VERY passionate about BPAL. Beth Rocks. If she ever stops creating, she may as well RIP MY HEART OUT.