Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
foxroses

Black Lace or Snake Charmer?

I have the opportunity to swap a bottle of mine for either Black Lace or Snake Charmer. :thud:

Which one!?

I love vanilla-y, musky, amber-y, wood, spicy notes, so Snake Charmer seems a good pick, but Mme. Moriarty was just OK on me, and Snake Oil.. I like it, but I never picked to wear it. So between that and more fruity/coconutty, I'm not sure. I sniffed an old version of SC back in the day but never got to try it on.

I have never tried Black Lace. I love the idea of it but I am not sure of how it'll be on me. MMM, tobacco and cognac.. yum. White Rabbit just smelled like pepper on me, though, so, that's worrisome.

My faves right now are this vanilla/wood/spicy Chaos Theory, Antikythera Mechanism, Misk U, Harvest Moon 06, Perversion, Coral Snake, Western Diamondback, Lady Lilith, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale.

I like but never quite loved Crowley, Buggre Alle This Bible, Illustrated Woman, Grindhouse, Cockaigne.

Thoughts??

I would say Black Lace then. Its a bit more versatile for daytime and nighttime wear. I honestly get more compliments about BL than SC... Snake Charmer is plummy snake oil..its much more nighttime/going out (or staying in rraaooowww!) sexy.

Thanks Sophie! Considering I just broke up with my BF and my Chaos Theory is my super-sexy scent for me (plus I have a decant of Smut and some other similars coming in swaps).. I think you might be right :)

Personally, I would go with Black Lace, because I like it better :) But also Snake Charmer smelled quite similar to Mme Moriarty on me--plummy Snake Oil--so if Moriarty was just OK, you might not have great luck with Snake Charmer.

They are two of my favorites! I find Snake Charmer to be quite similar to WILF. For Black Lace: I have a bottle of the original and also the "appley" version of the resurrected Black Lace. I like the original more (although the appley version is becoming less appley with aging, I think, and is also nice if you like apple).

Edited by wendyb1063

I'm one of the few people who didn't click with Black Lace. It was super-heavy masculine tobacco on me to the exclusion of all the other notes. I love Snake Charmer but it is a va-va-voom scent so I don't slather it on every day - still, my collection wouldn't be complete without it. I find Mme. Moriarty to have lots of red musk in comparison to SC.

Regardless of which one you choose, I am sure you can swap it for something else that's equally sought-after if it turns out to be a disappointment!

I'm one of the few people who didn't click with Black Lace. It was super-heavy masculine tobacco on me to the exclusion of all the other notes. I love Snake Charmer but it is a va-va-voom scent so I don't slather it on every day - still, my collection wouldn't be complete without it. I find Mme. Moriarty to have lots of red musk in comparison to SC.

Regardless of which one you choose, I am sure you can swap it for something else that's equally sought-after if it turns out to be a disappointment!

Yes, definitely can swap. But tobacco sounds yummy to me! :)

Aaaaaahhh......trying to choose between these two is like pulling teeth. I guess it depends on my mood and the time of day. I'm more likely to wear Snake Charmer out at night (or on a date lol) because of the red musk, but Black Lace has a mysterious vibe going on too though it is more work-appropriate. Then again no matter what time it is, if I'm craving one over the other no one's going to stop me. ;)

I went with Black Lace :) I've tried SC in the past, but I feel like my tastes and skin are pretty different now, and I've never tried BL, so here we go!

Sign in to follow this