Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Eldrich Dark Bath Oil

The Miskatonic Valley's premiere sex shop. Black and red musks with honey, leather, and sugared black rose.

The Eldritch Dark has a base that's very reminiscent of Snake Oil, with soft leather and a touch of rose. Sexy as HELL.

I use the bath oils as after shower moisturizers. Holy hell is this one sexy blend. It's as though Snake Oil and The Infernal Lover had a dirty, dirty love child under a rose bush. Strong throw, and it lasts and lasts. The color I associate with this is a deep, deep purple.

I, too, have been using this as an after-shower moisturizer. While most would describe it as sexy, I can't because it reminds me of the expensive bottle of bath oil in my Grandmother's guest bathroom when I was a little girl. All gilt fixtures and fancy wallpaper, that bathroom was elegance personified. The bath oil bottle was cut crystal, the liquid in it a dark rich brown. And the aroma just as dark and rich as the color. It smelled glamorous and expensive and oh how I wanted to use it! If only my mother had let me...

It has been years since I've smelled that fragrance. Too many years. But Eldritch Dark is it. And it is glorious! Perhaps there was a little more to my Grandmother than I ever realized.

First review for my first bottle of bath oil! So nervous!!

Ok here goes....I'm in love with Eldrich Dark. It does remind me of Snake Oil but darker. Can't really pick out individual notes, just lots of musky sexiness. I want more! :wub2:

As others have indicated, Eldrich Dark is a beautiful and sexy bath oil. I use my bath oils as moisturizers, and I was nervous about the leather note, which spells doom on my skin. However, my skin amps red musk so much that it overpowers everything else. After a while, I can detect a soft leather note but it is faint enough that I don't have to scrub it off. All in all, this is so much RED MUSK on me that although it is beautiful, due to the higher price point on the LE's, I will happily stick to my Luxuria bath oil for my red musk fix and satisfy myself with this decant.

Edited to clarify that I get no Snake Oil similarity from this, and I adore all things Snake Oil, especially the SOBO. But now I've had a chance to do a side by side comparison with Luxuria. Luxuria is a sweeter-sexy red musk, and Eldrich Dark is a darker-sexy red musk. Enough difference that being a red-musk-hoarder, I need them both!

Edited by Poenari

I'm not getting the Snake Oil in this like others. To me this smells like my aged 2005 bottle of Smut. I like Smut. :D

However I'm not sure I'll be keeping this since I already have something that smells like it in my collection.

On a side note, if your afraid of leather or rose I didn't pick up any in this blend (sniffing from the bottle or on my skin). Actually I didn't pick up the honey either. ummmm ...

This was reallydifferent! Usually, anything with red musk AMPS red musk on my skin - with this, I smell the red musk strongly in the bottle, and it almost smells similar to Third charm...then, when I apply it to my skin, the red musk tones way back - not gone, but very muted, and allows the rose to come further up front...there is also an powdery/ambery/incensy kick - which must be from the Black musk. I don't detect much leather, but I think it helps keep the rose and black musk in check. Love this!! very different from Snake Oil! :wub2:

I love this. Its what I always wanted Snake Oil to be on my skin, but failed to achieve. This is dark, sexy, and powerful. I cannot discern individual notes, except the red and black musks, and a slight sugary top note.

LOVE.

I am using the bath oil as a moisturizer today. Not as strong as I'd expect from the notes listed, and I slathered. It's a more close to the skin scent on me, though maybe my nose is broke today. Same red musk note as Mme Moriarty, though doesn't really smell like her, more like a red musk heavy Snake Oil, though not as foody and spicy as the Snake Oil Bath Oil. Sweet and voluptuous, warm and inviting, this is a lovely addition to my bath oil collection, though it's pretty pricey for such a tiny bottle, and for that reason, I'll just stick to my (larger) bottle of SOBO, which is expensive too, but better value.

I bought this unsniffed because everything in it except the leather is really good on my skin.

In the bottle: delicious musk and honey with a touch of rose. Where's the leather?

On my skin: The bath oil (in a homemade sugar scrub) perfumed the whole room immediately as soon as I put some on my skin in the shower. Although there's red musk in it, it's kept very neatly in check by the black musk and honey. This didn't quite go to the Snake Oil or Womb Furie place on me, nor to the Infernal Lover one; it's lighter, less sweet, and with a trace of floral.

After I got out of the shower, weirdly, there was almost no scent left on my skin, and what there was smelled more like warm chamois leather than anything else. Yet it was as if my skin had thrown the scent into the air around me; my bedroom was rich with the combination of musks and soft sweetness. My pillow and towel picked up the scent and kept it overnight as well. A day later, my bathroom still smelled lightly of the beautiful combination of red and black musks.

I don't think there's another scent in the catalogue that's such a perfect blend of red and black musks on my skin. But I was really surprised that I got so little rose or honey, and that the leather was so gentle. Yet I am enjoying my bottle of this very much.

This is so good!

I definitely get the Snake Oil comparison, especially when I first put it on. (I tested it on my arm like a perfume, not in the bath.) It goes on as dark, deep and sugary. It's really well blended and hard to pick out any individual notes except for the sugar. The rose is really pretty and doesn't take over the whole blend. The leather comes out the longer it sits on my skin, but it's not too strong. It's mostly a sugar, honey, and rose blend on me. It smells expensive.

I thought a half bottle from a decanter would be enough but I might need a couple more bottles...

Note: I use the bath oils as after-shower lotions.

In the decant: Musky honeyed rose. That's good!

Wet: Much as when sniffed, although not as sweet, and leather is appearing.

The dry-down: As this dries, it does seem to fade faster than I would like. The oil is a bit thinner than some other Post oils, but absorbs nicely. In the end, it's a lovely combination of all the notes. :) May have to order a bottle.

In the bath I get leather and roses and sweet musky goodness. Now that it's dry I smell of black leather and sex and rawr. Not at all suitable for my planned evening of tabletop roleplay with the lads, I need a night out at a good BDSM club.

I got a decant but I'm going to have to get a bottle. :wub2:

This one made me sad. It starts off as gorgeous sexy red musk. Then morphs into sexy red musk and black leather. :twisted: (Ah...the good old days!) :twisted: And now...just nasty, funky, honey. Not a fan. I may rehome it or I may keep it. :D

In bottle: Musky honey. Dark and deep.

Wet: A touch of leather and rose begin to emerge, but the musks are still in charge.

Dry: Everything fades to a slightly rosy black musk.

Verdict: Not for me. It's nice, but... black musk just isn't my thing I guess.

I use bath oils as after-shower moisturizers

In the bottle: A musky kick in the face with black leather peeking through underneath

Wet: The musk pulls back a tad and allows the leather to shine through, and a whiff of honey wafts through every now and then

Dry: I can finally detect the rose. The musk and leather have the most throw. I only really get the sweetness of it when I put my nose close to my skin.

Thoughts: I can't wear this every day. Musk is one of those notes that I just sort of tolerate--I don't really like it per se, but I don't hate it either, so I have to be in a certain mood to put it on. I think I'll don this when I want to smell like a badass in leather.

*sigh* I should've hoarded this. thud.gif

Eldritch Dark is musky, leathery Snake Oil smeared in honey. The sugared black roses linger in the background, and while they don't become as prominent as I'd like the blend as a whole is nothing short of amazing. Longevity is decent but it stays pretty close to the skin unless you slather. I actually like putting a bit of this in my hair so I can get whiffs of it throughout the day.

If you love Snake Oil and anything related to it, I hope you snagged a bottle of this. I REALLY hope the Lab makes this permanent and/ or makes a perfume oil blend of it.

I have no bath here, so I have to use it as a moisturizer. And now my night gloves smell like leather and musk, instead of cotton and threads. So, it's all good to me.

In the bottle, I can see the comparisons to snake oil, since I faintly smell it in the background. Mostly it's musky leather for me. I can't find the rose or honey in this at all.

Putting it on, I smell BLACK leather and faint powder. I know the powder smell is the black musk, but this is the first scent where I'm GLAD the powder smell is there. It slides perfectly under the leather. As it dries, the red musk adds a sexy edge to it. This is not a "family friendly" scent in my mind. This is the "friends with benefits" scent to me.

I'm seconding thatbrownelf's hope that this becomes permanent. Please, please, pretty please?

Just freaking vile. Truly truly hate leather, wtf did I order this??? Leather, leather and more leather. I do not want to bathe in fine furniture. Bleech.

will be looking for lupers to soothe my shredded nerves...

Even before I read the note description, I *knew* I needed a bottle of this one. Anything named 'Eldrich' is just awesome in my book.

Once I got it, I knew I made the right decision. From the bottle, I get a sexy musk, with a teeny bit of leather. I use this as a moisturizing oil on my skin(as this is far too precious to use in the bath) and the scent just wafts all over me. Honey+ musk = awesome on my body. I don't really smell rose, much to my surprise, even several hours after application.

I *heart* this scent. I would gladly take a 55 gallon drum.

Just freaking vile. Truly truly hate leather, wtf did I order this??? Leather, leather and more leather. I do not want to bathe in fine furniture. Bleech.

will be looking for lupers to soothe my shredded nerves...

You got all of the leather, I got all of the rose. :lol:

I managed to trade for a tester of this. This is soft rose and honey musk on my skin if there is leather in this it's very faint. This smells polished, smooth and slightly old-fashioned.

honeyed soft leather with a bit of rose

Mostly musk (I'm having trouble discerning between the black and red) with just enough honey to sweeten it. The rose is slightly in the background...I don't get any leather at all. Dries down to a soft powdery yet dark and sexy scent. Mostly I use it as a moisturizer/ perfume...I don't want to waste my only bottle in the tub :lol: I too would love to see this as a perfume oil.

This was my first Trading Post buy...I have so much love for the post :wub2:

Note to self: you are a fucking idiot. The next time a bath oil with red musk appears, buy it all!

The lovely kashmira was ahead of me in a bath & beauty swap box, and knowing I'd never tried Eldrich Dark, she very generously decanted a sample for me. I didn't even smell it first; I just drew a warm bath and dumped it all in.

MMMMmmmmmmm....musky red musk and a dark swirl of honey and leather. This is shexy, shexy stuff. To me, this is not a layering, after-shower oil: it is very distinct unto itself and probably doesn't play well with others. I think it's a gorgeous, gorgeous bath oil, though.

:wub2:

I decided to use a bit of my decant in anticipation of the perfume oil...

I love this so much. Beautiful combination of the musks, leather and sugary rose. I mix a few drops of the oil with a handful of vanilla body butter and the scent clings to my sweaters and lasts and lasts.

snuggly, sexy and delicious.