Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caper

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Pyre Atmosphere Spray

A holiday tradition! The festive scent of chestnuts being roasted on Arkham's neighborhood sacrificial pyre: chestnuts, sweet incense, smoldering oak and cedar logs, evocation herbs, and a hint of brown sugar.

This is incredibly evocative. I can smell the smoke and a nutty sweetness. I feel like I'm outside near a bonfire with roasted chestnuts and a hint of sweet sugar. It is like a Misk U bonfire night.

I'm getting a back up for sure. :D

Review: Unusual. Smoky nuts are the first impression, with scorched brown sugar the next most dominant after smoke and nuts. It’s the best smoke scent I’ve come across in a fragrance, very natural rather than chemical. The cedar is next strongest, with oak in support. The incense is subtle and works well with the other elements, tying them together. The herbs are soft, but give the incense an unusual edge. This is lovely and very different from the usual atmosphere spray options. Over time, the smoke and sugar are longest lasting, which is a little odd, but interesting.

The first atmosphere for me, and wow is it good! This is exactly what the description says it is. I thought there would be a little more nut and a little less roasting, but it's still so spot on that my mind is blown. Roasting warm sugary nuts! It smells like they're actually roasting right in this room. So amazing! Decent throw and endurance.

Wow, this is amazing. It's pretty much what's on the tin: chestnuts roasting on an open pyre. Sweet nuts and a wood-burning fire. It's a great fire scent, so spot-on. I need my apartment to smell like this when it's cold outside and I have the heater on and I'm cuddled up under a blanket, and I can pretend there's a crackling fire behind me.

Sweet, roasty, seasonal. I sprayed this around the living room at Christmas and it very much made up for the fact that we don't have a fireplace. It's maybe a little sweet and foodie for me to use it with greater abandon, but I'm happy to have a generous decant to use for just such an occasion.

My first full size Atmo!

This is lovely. It reminds my of Hearth 2005, which was my first BPAL, and though I did not keep it as a perfume, It awakens such warm feelings in me.

The scent is soft, warm and natural. It is for the living room, even when you have dinner in it, it makes for a great background.

It smells like fireplace, and a warm welcome. More closely is the scent of warm chestnuts roasting, chestnuts that are sweet and velvety.

I've used this for a special pre christmas dinner, and throughout the winter till now. It is great for any cold day, not too christmassy for november or januari.

Hot, smoke, fire, a touch of cinnamon or spice, and sweet nuts. I absolutely LOVE this! By far the smokiest scent of all. So glad I ordered a bottle! It has amazing staying power, too. :wub2:

I was concerned about this because smoky scents rarely appeal to me but I took a gamble & I'm glad I did! My nose gets sweetly smoky wax with a hint of maple rather than roasted chestnuts (but it's not cloying or overly foody). This is what I was expecting Candlelight to be like but that wasn't nearly as appealing. I use this often, especially in cooler weather.

Chestnuts, heady incense and a touch of brown sugar. It's oddly foodie and oddly ominous. Like you walk in and you smells chestnuts, and brown sugar, and good things, but then you smell the incense and the reptilian part of your brain goes DO NOT EAT THOSE CHESTNUTS FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER YOU HOLD DEAR. YES, THEY SMELL TASTY BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY A CHESTNUT.

I mean, sure, if you ever wanted to ingest a chestnut and have Cthulu whispering in your ear singing whatever passes for a Christmas Carol equivalent in your ear, go for it.

Sweet, rich brown sugar with wafts of nutty cedar and incense smoke. Dark, heady, and slightly foreboding. This is absolutely wonderful :wub3:

This is my first Atmo and I am truly impressed! Very smoky slightly nutty and a little bit sweet. Since I love smoky scents, this is a winner. Smells just like being at an campfire. Beautiful!