Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ReallyZeb

Absent Of Thee I Languish Still

I got this as a frimp in a Trading Post order and have been sniffing my wrist all day but I suck at detecting notes - so here goes nothing ...

Wet: It's slightly fruity, a sharp, green floral note and a sweet background. I'm not sure that I will like this. It is bugging me that I can't remember what it reminds me of at this stage.

Dry: It dries to something that is definitely foody on me - maybe buttery shortbread or else pie crust - sugary sweetness, a tiny touch of spice, a richness that I think is butter and then maybe some skin musk. I really like it once it's dry.

It's still lingering some 8 hours later. :D

I was frimped this too...so here goes.

In the imp: sweet and almost bakery, there's something reminiscent of baking, without it being totally foody. There's an almost fruity note there too. There's something a little bit floral too. This is interesting.

Wet: The bakery note has disappeared, but I think I smell bananas. Creamy bananas. Again, interesting. Not quite me at this point, but still an experience. It's got a big throw, too.

Dry: It's changed again. Now it's sweet powdery fruity rose. Something vaguely musky too. I don't think it's straight out musk though...maybe copal?

Ultimately though, for me, it's interesting, but too sweet for me.

I only got it this morning though, so I'm going to put it away for a retest later.

weird, i'm getting buttery, possibly honeyed... wax. beeswax or candle wax? something about it is reminding me of the waxiness of loi krathong. definitely really sweet though.

I got a frimp of this in a recent bpal/ebay order. First on, it has something like a powdery, honeyed almond feel that reminds me of Dana O'Shee with a whiff of green grass. As it dries down, it quickly loses that green edge and is reminiscent of blends like O and The Lights of Men's Lives. If you were to put this on me and ask me to guess what it was, I would have said it's The Lights of Men's Lives. Side-by-side comparison, this is actually both sweeter and smokier than The Lights, and has a lot more throw and better staying power on me. It smells like beeswax candles, honeyed vanilla, and smoky resins, mainly. Dark, but very sweet.

So I get creamy bananas on wet, with a hint of a white honeyed floral (I swear, at some point I actually thought VIOLETS), and then it dries down to a smoky beeswax and resins, still with a tinge of bananas... which makes me think there's something combining with the beeswax.

Makes me think of Light of Men's Lives.

I got this as a frimp in a my Luper order, and I am so sad to discover it's an unreleased! It reminds me of top shelf piña colada, with something sharp and citrus-y underneath. Not lemon or orange, more like Yuzu. I really like it and shall be savoring my imp.

Origin: Frimp in a Trading Post order

Initial Thoughts: No notes available? Then no idea!

In the Vial: Creamy light florals. Definite sweetness. I can see where people would say coconut, but my husband who detests coconut and unerringly makes a face when it is present in a blend didn't recoil. So if it's there, it's really well-blended.

Wet: The creaminess gets stronger and pushes it more toward foody than it was in the vial. Light and frothy and sweet.

Drydown: I think there might be something in the musk/amber/patchouli family in here, but on the white/light side. It's amping, but not in the mow-down-all-other-notes way that the dark end of the spectrum does. I'll run with someone's suggestion of piña colada - this would be the stage where some dark rum was added. It's deeper and richer.

Verdict: I think I like it, though I'm not sure how often I'd reach for it. I'll keep the imp for now, at least until such time as we learn the notes.

My BPAL stash spontaneously generated this one, or I was frimped it. One of the two!

Wet: Honeyed white floral. Not out of the ordinary, but nice.

Dry: Honey scents don't always work on me, but this one is really nicely balanced between the sweet warmth of honey and the cool white florals. Really light and pretty.

I received an imp of this lovely fragrance a few months back. I have been savoring every precious drop. On me it is smoke, beeswax, vanilla (maybe a vanilla bourbon) and a touch of light floral. If I could ask them for anything, I would love a bottle of this!

Imp: sweet but floral. not a pure white floral a kind of yellow green floral and sweet
Wet on me: now the yellow-green floral is wafting harder than the sweet. not a complete 'sugar' or 'honey' sweet
Drying Down: oh the swwet is back over the floral which is more green floral almost a sharp herbal floral
Dry: Sweet. can't quite describe the sweet. and far underneath is the sharp herby green. Glad I got to try this one.

I got this in an etsy order of random discontinued imps. I'm devastated to find out it was never even released because I love it so so much.

In the Imp: To me it reads creamy vanilla with something sharp underneath, maybe a type of musk or floral?
Wet and dry: About the same as in the imp.
After hours of wear the sharpness fades a bit and becomes more floral but keeps that creamyness. I'm in love with this and I fear the day i run out of the imp.

Was frimped this in an Etsy order of mystery discontinued imps last week.

In the imp: a chaotic melange of smells: sweet, buttery, powdery, floral, and a hint of citrus?

Wet: a sharp floral immediately stabs me in the brain, similar to how ylang ylang does. I can't sniff it directly without my head hurting, but (fortunately?) it doesn't have too much throw so I rolled down my sleeves and let it dry.

Dry: Warm, fresh-from-the-oven brownies with a buttery vanilla caramel sauce ladled over them. The floral is still lurking in the background, but only if I shove my nose against my wrist. Which I keep doing, because I can't get enough of that brownie scent. Very sweet and foodie. Traces of it still linger 12+ hours later. I want to make brownies.

Shame this is an unreleased scent, this would be perfect for someone else with my tastes but without that floral migraine trigger.