Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Spork

Thrive

THRIVE
If you make a purchase at Black Phoenix Trading Post on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, or Cyber Monday, you’ll get a squirt of a TAL-inspired blend, THRIVE: a warm, vibrant, prosperity-generating blend of ginger root, gingergrass, frankincense, cardamom, tonka, and hay absolute.

wow, this is really gingery! fresh ginger lightly touched with frankincense makes this a really refreshing smell. don't really smell the other parts individually, but it does have a hint of spice to it. love! :wub2:

I also smell the ginger that Maroon reports. There is a touch of sweetness too. Now I read the "hay" note is in there, so mayhaps this the reason? It's very bright and fresh; a real mood-lifter.

I got this free goblin squirt from BPTP with my order. Thanks, Puddin'!

Edited by zeldaZ4

So, does anybody else smell Oregano?? I get ginger predominantly and something spicy or peppery, and something herbal that i suppose is the hay note but i'll be damned if the hay doesn't smell just like mexican oregano to me :eek:

So, does anybody else smell Oregano??

Maybe... there is an herbal note I can't quite put my finger on. I'll give it another squirt and see if I get Italian food... :)

But not tonight, as I just ATE Italian food and want to be sure I'm not just smelling myself. :lol:

Edited by zeldaZ4

Review: Wow1 that is intense and unusual. I think I’m in love. The ginger root and grass blend beautifully with the cardamom. Wait a minute and the hay starts to come out, again doing a lovely dance with the spices. The frankincense comes out next, but without taking over the blend. The tonka is gentle, but ties things together sweetly.tonka. It really is a warm, vibrant blend as bracing as cold water on the face, but heartbreakingly beautiful in its sweet spicy glory. I can think of nothing like this, and it’s irreplaceable.

Huh, I sprayed this without looking at the notes and all I could think was "herbal". However, there's definitely more and more ginger coming out as well. I'm honestly not sure what's giving me the herbal feel though. Smells nice though - a bit like an herbs cabinet.

So, does anybody else smell Oregano??

Yep! This smells like the fresh herbs that I chop up when I'm cooking spaghetti bolognaise... oregano, thyme, a bay leaf, and rosemary. And yet no herb-related notes are listed! Curious and curiouser :)

Anyways.. when I first sprayed this in the air and took in a big whiff, I kinda wrinkled my nose because.. well... I didn't like it. Mostly because it really truly smelled like that combination of herbs I listed ^^ and whilst that's a fine smell when it's in the pan with some garlic and onion, on its own not so much. It took about ten minutes for that herb blast to die down, and then I get ginger... not sweet ginger, but spicy hot ginger, and the hay.. that's about it, I really can't smell anything else.

Overall it smells like herbs + ginger + hay + wet grass. Not my thing at all, but it is quite an invigorating smell.

This is very ginger-frankincensey. It's very... FRESH, and spraying it actually makes me feel like I should get up and do... Stuff. Invigorating. It's like the smell of the idea of spring cleaning in a bottle.

I'm sad this was only a goblin squirt, because I want a big bottle, it's so gorgeously energizing.

I love this: it smells like good fortune in a bottle. I spray it around when I perform money magic or just feel like our home needs a lift.

Zingy, herbal, clean hayloft in the sunshine smell. Thank you, BPTP! :wub2:

Whaaa? I haven't reviewed this? Well, it's super yummy! Brightly herbal, with an invigorating kick of ginger and a surprising, delicious sweetness. This scent makes me so happy! I wish it was more than just a squirt but I'll take what I can get. :wub2:

I heart me some Thrive, and can't believed I've forgotten to review this. So Thrive to me smells like ginger, herbs and a touch of resins. I definitely think this has some lemon to it, and its bright, fresh and fun. It's like suddenly finding yourself in a garden. There's something very solar-energy related to this.

LOVE IT.

I immediately thought this was TAL-like before searching for the scent description. The bright ginger and gingergrass are at the front of this blend, backed by some smooth frankincense and a slight powderiness that is probably due to the hay and the tonka. This is very aged, so I didn't pick up on any cardamom, but it's lovely just as it is.

Thank you to the wonderful BPALer who sent this my way. :heart: