Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

G’MILUT CHASADIM
Honeyed pomegranate, rose, myrrh, osmanthus, and wild plum.

In the Bottle (ITB): The first notes out of the bottle are pomegranate and honey. The pomegranate itself, as I have found with a few other scents with the same note, smells synthetic. The honey makes itself known strongly at first, but wavers and descends into middle note territory as I inhale deeply. Finally, the plum surges forward and rivals and overtakes the sweet artificiality of the pomegranate, which balances the scent into something more palatable for my nose.

Wet: The throw here is impressive! The rose now tries to steal the spotlight from the pomegranate, wrapping the artificiality in something that is more feminine, gently floral, and sophisticated. Following this nearly show-stopping entrance are the warmth of the myrrh and honey, yielding a sweet middle tone with a touch of exotic resin. After a minute, the plum swells again to the forefront, yielding a symphonic display of lush of fruits and florals trilling against the the rich tapestry created by the honey and myrrh

Dry: After 20-25 minutes, the fruit and florals have mellowed considerably. Now, I get a lovely blend of vanilla-infused honey coating pomegranate and plum, encircled lightly by a few rose petals. The myrrh and finally the olibanum round out the scent with a lovely resinous backbone, creating a scent that is sweet, festive, and intriguing at the same time.

In bottle: a mellower Juicy Fruit gum

Wet: Juicy Fruit Gum in your face

Drying: Oh hai, honey. You're home! And smothering the Juicy Fruit with sweet kisses.

Dry: A beautiful honey-fruity scent. Wrist-huffingly delicious.

Throw: medium

Lasts for at least eight hours, lovely mellowing.

A really big winner for me.

Honey, pom, myrrh and plum. This is a fruity honey scent that mellows to a honey and myrrh scent. Very close to the skin, very sexy.

For all you honey lovers, don't miss out on this one!

Gilded pomegranate incense...This is every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. All are notes of win for me except for rose (behave!), and osmanthus (you apricot tart-I never seem to be able to get along with your usual crowd). Everything is blending beautifully- deeply resinous and sweet, brightened by pomegranate, with a golden honey and osmanthus flesh, and a bit of fresh green stem (as some BPAL honeys go). The rose does what I like rose to do-simply harmonize a blend, not standing out too much-getting a little dusty with the myrrh. It does not smell too flippant or fun like many fruity blends do to me...it's flirtatious but sophisticated and serious, like a more grown up Berry Moon, really. It suits me well, I think.

Edited by lookingglass

In bottle: Honey dominant with strong plum support. I’d call the pomegranate and rose weak thirds. Myrrh and osmanthus are both easily discerned with the myrrh the stronger of the two. The honey, plum, and pomegranate combination is absolutely lovely, but when you add the myrrh the effect is too heavy for me. Add in the way roses turn on my skin, I’m going to have to give this one a pass, though it would likely work for someone who is not having the trouble I have been having with some incense blend and who’s skin plays well with rose.

The honey is pretty overwhelming on me. It smells heavy and kind of warm, but it's unfortunately not really a scent I like on me. Starts off strong but fades away fairly quickly on me. I'm glad I got the chance to try it in the Will-Call Sniffing Circle but it's definitely a pass on me.

I was lucky enough to try this thanks to SueDonym's sniffing circle. Thanks Sue!! Sniffed this without looking at the notes again.

In the bottle: Sweet, sharp, some kind of tart fruit. Berries? A deep purple color, if it was a color. Some resin?

On Wet: Mmm...lush fruity scent. The sweetness of the fruit is tempered by a resin, something which gives it an incensey quality, somewhat tangy and sharp.

On dry: Love this. It is intensely fruity, softly sweet, not cloying. It's balanced out by the resiny incense notes very well. Not much morph until about 1.5 hours in when I get the tiniest bit of floral, but not enough floral to put me out.

Looking at the notes I see the 'berry/fruit' was pomegranate/plum, and this makes sense, being that pom is a sharper fruit scent. I have no idea how I did not identify the honey note, as it's one of my faves, but it is so smoothly blended in that there's no sense of stickiness that you sometimes get with it. The resin was myrrh, and the bitter bit which cuts the sweetness of the honey makes sense now.

All in all, love this, would love to hunt down an imp!

Thanks again Sue!

I'd forgotten this had rose in it until I came to post a review and re-read the notes. Rose *never* works for me. Well, except for this one gorgeous exception.

I'm not a huge fan of honey either, but G'Milut Chasadim is just perfection. It's sweet and floral and juicy all at the same time. I can't really describe it any better than that because it's so well blended that no one note stands out to me.

I was lucky enough to get to try this through Suedonym's Will-Call Sniffie Circle! Thanks again for sharing in this circle.

Wet, this is equal dollops of tart, juicy red fruit (I would have said cranberry, but I'm sure it's pomegranate + plum) and waxy, powdery honey. The rose is a subtle presence that grows more obvious as the oil dries. Dry, the fruits have faded a lot and my general impression is of powdery honey lightly perfumed with myrrh and roses. I can smell a little bit of fruit in the back still, but just barely. The roses and myrrh make it smell pretty and non-edible once it dries down. I don't think I detect the osmanthus. Although the outset is quite different--bright and clean fruit and honey--once it dries, it has a fluffy, creamy, powdery, pink and white quality to it that reminds me a bit of The Atrocious Attic, but it's not nearly as floral as that scent.

Will Call Sniffie Circle participant checking in!

I am rather hesitant about this scent; honey is my nemesis and screws up everything that it's in for me. I do love plum, so here goes...

In the decant, I smell honey (very light) and something woody(?). Wet, hello fruitiness! Big, juicy and ripe fruit, red in color, dripping off your chin as you take a bite. As the fruit dissipates, I am reminded of The Orchard (plum, roses, chocolate and wood; go figure). Dry, I still get the woody scent, with honey. I recognize rose from other blends (not like Rose Red, more like the subtle rose in Mictecacihuatl. And that's where this stays for me; rose and honey, reminding me of a medicine I took as a child.

It still amazes me (after six-plus years)the journey a scent can take through drying stages. While this does not play well with my skin, the depth and transformation this scent makes me glad I to try it. Thanks, Suedonym!

Another happy sniffie-circle participant here! :)

I was very wary of this one and might not even have tried it had I not gotten it in the circle - honey and I never get along, and much as I want to like pomegranate and plum, they usually don't work for me either. But this surprised me! At first sniff it's very sweet, but not quite as immediately NO-inspiring as I might've guessed; it sort of has that candy-hearts thing that Pink Phoenix has in spades - which, to my surprise, makes this really appealing! I only really get the rose in the throw; up close it's fruity sweetness, and honey - which usually does something you do not want to have me describe on my skin - is behaving. But pomegranate tends to turn waxy on me, as does plum sometimes, and this is no exception. It's a lovely scent, but on me it wants to be a candle. I bet it smells absolutely luscious on the right person!

I don't really smell pomegranate or plum, this seems mostly florals, bathed in a muted honey haze. There's a dusty resiny sweetness which I attribute to the myrrh. This is a very soft dreamlike scent, sweet honey and faraway fields of flowers.

I was hoping for less pomegranate and more rose/myrrh, but this ends up being mostly pomegranate on my skin, which is one of the BPAL notes that goes sourest on my skin. This ends up being extremely bitter and unpleasant, but I think it could be lovely on someone with the right skin chemistry.

Wet: I smell like a handful of starburst candy! Sweet and fruity.

As it dries down, it takes on a rosy floral hue, mingling sweet and honey and fruit with soft flowers on the breeze. The honey isn't coming across as sweet and cloying as usual on me. This scent is a list of notes that don't normally work on me, but the way they're blended together in this one- it works pretty well. I've actually had comments on this one.

I'm not head over heels in love with it, but it's remarkably lovely on me- for the first 30 minutes.

I suspect the myrrh is what was holding the blend together for me, because my skin eats it up. And after about 30 minutes, this scent morphed to a melange of some of my top death notes- floral/rose, red fruit, and honey. It was gorgeous while it lasted, though!

wet, Pomegranate, rose, honey, and a bit of plum, in that order and strength. Dry, it's honey pomegranate osmanthus. It keeps a slightly sweet edge, but is not cloying. The throw is medium. It reminds me of pomegranate potpourri my friend had.

In the bottle: Sweet, fruity, "red" if I were to associate it with a color (the oil isn't red though). I mainly smell the honey and pomegranate and maybe some plum.

On my skin: This is very sweet, though it's fruit/honey sweetness rather than sugar. Still a "reddish" color association. To me, osmanthus smells a lot like apricot, and I think here it's adding to the overall fruitiness. The rose starts to come out a bit as it dries but it's not the star player here. Myrrh is not smelling bitter like it sometimes can -- it's giving the scent a bit of powdery quality (though that might also be from the honey, I'm not sure).

Drydown: powdery, soft, gentle, still a little bit fruity.

Overall, this scent seems to be working well with my chemistry. It smells nice, but it's not one of my all-time favorites.

Reminds me of Persephone (for good reason, as that is pomegranate and rose) but much softer and more complex. It almost seems like a take on sangria? Rosie sweet fruit juice, all grown up. It's fairly subtle but also inviting.

I'm not sure how else to say this but.... it smells like the best parts of Christmas (a holiday I kinda hate LOL)... but like this is all the good things... the homemade treats, extra cleaned and pressed people dressing up to celebrate this life we all live together, crisp winter air...

It is definitely fruity and sweet and vaguely floral (but not in a way that sets off my floral hatred... because I do usually hate them)...

Its like a LUSH store (but doesn't actually smell like LUSH) or a department store during the holidays when they stock all sorts of extra "smelly" products - high end candles, limited edition holiday perfumes, etc... it smells good, but there's a lot going on... but in the best way