Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jolarocknrolla

Sweet Lavinia's Dread Puddings

Lavinia Whateley is famous throughout the Miskatonic Valley for her inimitably delightful and suspiciously spicy dread bread puddings!

delicately sweet and maybe just slightly boozy (could be brandy, but might be almond which sometimes smells boozy to me), it has an almost floral sweetness to it like i've smelled in BPAL's rice-milk. Just a hint of spice in there, it is a sweet but not overpowering scent once it dries down - again, delicate and well behaved.

Oooh I don't know what this is, but it surely satisfies my cookie sweetness this time of year cravings.

Like Jolla says, it's well behaved, but full bodied, and there is something in it that smells like?? Sand??? I don't know quite how to describe it.

wait wait! I know what it is! it's that slightly salty, buttery, heavenly pastry thing from Knave of Hearts!!!

Foodies, you need this...

Edited by stellamaris

In bottle: This is very boozy, deliciously so. The pudding is very sugary, with the breadiness present, but understated. It’s sort of as if you combined crème brulee and bread. There is nothing wrong with that and I very much like it, but expectations may vary. Wet: Still quite boozy and very creamy and sweet. It’s more bready on the skin though not by a lot. It implies coconut crème without actually being coconut. It’s also bit more spicy on the skin. Delicious. Dry: Soft, sweet, mildly coconut pudding. Fast fading.

I tested this at the will call and still have it on my wrist. I want to buy a bottle of this at some point.

Very sweet. Very full flavored. On my skin it goes maple. I don't mind! :)

Maple syrup and cinnamon. It's long lasting, with a decent throw. It smells good but it's a bit too generic to need an upgrade. I have several other scents that do it better.

This is QUITE a morpher on me!

In the bottle it's very spicy and bready and brown sugary, almost boozy. Immediately on me, it's all almond. It quickly settles down into spicy again, then turns into cinnamon and maple syrup. After about 30 minutes, it's almost all syrup, with just a hint of the spice. It's lovely in all its stages, though I wish it would stay in the cinnamon and maple syrup one for longer!

Lasted a long time on me, I could still smell it fairly strongly the next morning.

We have an unabashedly foody scent here, but a delicious one, I must say! In the bottle, I get sugary sweetness, warm spices, and a hint of booziness that says rum extract to me, rather than full-on rum itself. I can smell the yummy sweetroll-like breadiness, but it's a supporting player. Once on my skin, a delightful creamy-custardy note reminds me that this is bread pudding, not sweet bread. I had to remind myself not to lick my wrist.

And yes, I do get the maple note that others have mentioned. This was confirmed by the students in the geometry class I subbed for today: "I smell cinnamon pancakes!" "Who's been eating waffles in here? The smell's making me hungry!" "Oh yum, what smells like syrup?" Since kids were making these comments from all the way across the room, I can only conclude that Dread Puddings has some serious throw going on. :lol: It lasted for most of the day too.

Final conclusion: This dread bread pudding is luscious, warm, comfort-food love. :yum:

LadyWench pretty much summed it up for me. In the bottle, it's lovely, so creamy it's almost buttery, with a big helping of maple. On my skin it immediately goes to CINNAMON AND MAPLE, both scents screaming at you. I love a big throw, so I wouldn't mind this phase normally, but putting it on immediately before getting in the car was a mistake. I had to roll down the windows and the s/o complained that it was "too much spice."

Once it finally settles down (over an hour in, probably), it's a lovely, warm maple scent. Unfortunately the creaminess that I got in the bottle never really returned, and that's one of the notes I was hoping would really shine in this blend. Spicy-foodies will love it, but with so many other delicious Yule blends, I don't think I'll be springing for a big bottle.

Sweet Lavinia's Dread Puddings is both too sweet and too spicy for me. There's a cinnamon note here that amps up like mad on me, with undertones of something like brown sugar and maple syrup. It's sort of like sugar-drenched pancakes and cinnamon potpourri on my skin. This one is really strong on me and starts to give me a headache after a while (and the cinnamon persists even after I tried to scrub it off several times, lol). I might try out the rest of my decant in an oil warmer, as it seems like it might work better as a room fragrance.

This is something I would rather eat than wear as a perfume, even as a foodie-lover.
I do smell bread pudding, but it's buried by loads of cinnamon and maple, particularly the former. I only ever
notice a faint booziness when the spice calms down a bit. It stays a predominantly cinnamon scent to the end.

Brown sugar, bread pudding, custard, and cinnamon. This is foodie, dark with maple overtones and very toothsome.

Fantastic drydown. It's a little strong on wet, but very cuddly on the drydown.

Sweet, kind of pastry-like with a burnt sugar vibe. It actually smells like I'm cooking alder-smoked bacon, the good stuff from Costco, it's got that maple syrupy thing going on. Definitely not something I'd wear, but it really smells like breakfast in here, it's got insane throw.

I put is one on and my students started sniffing and asking who was eating pancakes. :lol:

I like it a lot, I just love that maple coziness, but it is similar to Halloween at Misk U, and I think a decant of both will be enough for my maple needs.

In the decant: Sweet and spicy dessert of some sort.

Wet: Even more spicy and sweet!

The dry-down: A scent that doesn't morph, a sweet and spicy dessert. I guess it's bread pudding, but doesn't seem to be much like any bread pudding that I've ever eaten. Nice, but my decant is good enough.

Wet, this starts off with that cherry almond note. It smells like a cherry danish with almonds. As it dries, it smells like a cinnamon bun without glaze. Even drier ... it smells like celery. wonky.

I put some el dia de reyes over it and it's heavenly.

Edited by BuxomM

A bit like a cream cheese frosted sweet bread. It reminds me of those pastries that are meant to be pseudo-healthy by including nuts and raisins. Pleasant, if not a favorite of my foodie blends.

In the bottle - Soft, sweet almonds

Wet on me - Almonds and treacle and something boozy

Dry on me - A warm almost smoky caramel scent

Overall - It doesn't really grab me for some reason

This opens with a syrupy almond and slowly dries to a fresh baked spice cake drizzled with carmel and maple syrup. The final dry down stage almost smells like hot buttered french toast. So good! :yum: This such a comforting scent to wear.

Edited by Monster

This scent is all delicious heavy french toast on me! It is VERY bready and the cinnamon is SUPER strong. There's definitely clove maybe, nutmeg, and other heavy spices. This has awesome throw and does last a long time. But it may be a little too much for my hubby. I do love it though all foodie lovers need to give this one a try!! ;)

so... however many years ago now, Jessica Simpson had a "dessert treats" collection with a scent called Butterscotch Toffee. i really liked it, and i still have some of that one (and a couple of the others - this was years and years before "Fancy").

the perfumes and dusting powders had both scent and flavor (and artificial sweeteners) and i really liked that they tasted nice! and whoo boy were they strong (scent-wise, not taste-wise).

this reminds me SO MUCH of that Butterscotch Toffee, to the point that i don't need both. and since i have more of the JS version, and more products to layer, this one's getting rehomed.

eta:

talk about staying power!

about six hours after i tested a drop (one drop!) of this from a pipette, my mom walked past me and asked if it was maple syrup she was smelling.

nearly 24 hours later, i still catch a whiff of it when i move.

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

Super boozy in the bottle.

On my skin the spices go crazy for a few minutes (I was worried because I tend to amp cinnamon into irredeemable Red Hots territory), but after it dries down, it becomes absolutely perfect, with no one note outshining the others. As others have noted, it's very much like maple syrup. Reminds me of thick slices of French toast with plenty of brown sugar, lightly dusted with cinnamon, slathered with butter, and drenched in maple syrup. It's really delicious-smelling, like wearable sweet breakfast! So happy to have a bottle! If you like sweet foody blends, you NEED to try this one.

Wet: Sweet, slightly spicy and dry, caramel and brown sugar

Dry: A dry sweet caramel/brown sugar scent. The spces adds to its dryness.
An hour it morphs into a spicy caramel blend, the spices still making it a dry scent but also smoother as if the spices and the caramel would be a part of a dish rather than the isolated caramel in its earlier phase.
The brown sugar/caramel is very near the pie crust-part of Arcanas Strawberries crave pie.

Makes me think of: Brown sugar, caramel
Type: Obviously gourmand

Lasting: 4.5 hours