Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zombiewench

Mrs. Palmer's Establishment Atmosphere Spray

The house No. 112 Spring street is kept by Mrs. Palmer. It is a low establishment, and frequented only by the lagends of the community.

Aged patchouli, sweet tobacco, oakmoss, leather, and barrel-aged bourbon vanilla.

Well this is fantastic!

At first it's LEATHER. Lots of leather! Then the vanilla comes out, with just a hint of the tobacco and patchouli. Mostly it's a lot of leather and vanilla goodness!

Review: Leather dominant, but the Tobacco and patchouli give strong support. This is rich dark aged, patchouli, not eau des hippies, so is of the sort more to my taste. The bourbon vanilla is pervasive and softens the strongly masculine effect of the leather/tobacco/patchouli. The oakmoss is soft and doing lovely things with the heaviness of the furniture leather. It’s lovely.

Let me start this review by begging the Lab to make this permanent. This is absolutely gorgeous.

Mrs. Palmer's is evocative of an old private library, paneled in dark wood. There are swirling currents of sophisticated vanilla. The patchouli is very slight at first to my nose, but as time progresses, it becomes more evident.

My SO took one whiff of the test area and demanding that we stockpile this for the apocalypse. We will be the best smelling zombie-free household on the block.

Edited by ralenth

This smells wonderful. Rich, dark patchouli and sweet vanilla and lots of soft leather, with a hint of the tobacco. I love this blend, it smells like a high class gentleman's club for sure. I imagine a cozy room with sumptuous furnishings, lit by tiffany lamps and a coal fire. Murmured conversation, soft laughter, and the clink of ice in cut crystal glasses. It's like something out of The Vampire Lestat.

Sophisticated, lasts forever, and just a freaking amazing smell. I need lots. :wub2:

To me, this is mostly lovely vanilla-soaked suede. It's not a slick "chemical" leather note by any means: it's very natural and blends so well with the vanilla that it almost melts into a single scent impression. There's a a whisper of soft patchouli (and I mean very soft-- it's not a down-n-dirty patchouli at all) and strange, misty oakmoss. Something like old paper in the background. It's really earthy and elegant at the same time. Old-fashioned, but stimulating.

Reminds me a little of Tombstone or Western Diamondback but smoother and more aristocratic. It's funny that the description for this scent calls Mrs. Palmer's a "low establishment" because we all seem to find it quite genteel!

It's really beautiful and not like any other atmo sprays I have. I'm going to have a hard time talking myself down from buying another bottle or two before it goes away. If this kind of scent family appeals to you, Mrs. Palmer's is definitely hoard-worthy!

ETA: This does last FOREVER. I used two spritzes in my bedroom about 18 hours ago and I can still smell it. It's insane!

Edited by Aldercy

This is a very long-lasting scent, once you spray it will be around for a while (like the next day and you may catch a wiff of it the day after that!), I get very soft leather with a blended symphony of sweet patchouli underneath. My husband adores this one <3

This is what I wanted Mahogany Hall to smell like! I do like MH, but it is more woody and masculine than Mrs. Palmers. This is a warm, gentle vanilla balanced out with leather and a touch of tobacco. It's a little too gentle, as I used several squirts, and it's fading pretty fast in my living room. I mostly burn candles and use atmosphere sprays in my bedroom as the living area is just too big for atmosphere sprays. This is more warm and inviting than MH, which I found to be quite aggressive, and had an alcohol tinge to it. It's almost the after effects of a baking day, with the vanilla, and then someone brought in expensive cigars in a leather furnished cozy living room. I really like this, and glad I took a chance on an atmosphere spray, which I rarely do. :wub2:

eta: I do notice the scent if I go out and come back in, but I really wish it had a little more lasting power like MH does. Otherwise, this is WONDERFUL, and I'd love a perfume that smelled like this. This does remind me a teeny bit of aged Perversion, only more vanilla and tobacco, and somewhat softer. It does last longer in my bedroom.

Edited by milo

Usually I spritz the BPTP sprays on to a throw pillow and they manage to scent the room that they're in, but I can't smell this unless I'm practically hugging the pillow that it's been spritzed on. It doesn't seem to have as much throw for some reason. It also comes off as a really warm, smoky scent to me. I kept thinking that it smelled like cherry pipe tobacco and cigar smoke more than anything patchouli or leathery... not a keeper for me.

Like milo, this is what I was hoping for from Mahogany Hall.

This has richness and softness, it's not overpowering at all. It smells like really good worn leather, fresh tobacco, and a lovely layer of vanilla. I sprayed it around my closet this morning, and immediately all my clothes and shoes seemed classier and more expensive. Surprisingly comfortable scent to live with. So glad I snagged it.

OK.. so you know when something new comes out and you read the notes and go "OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!! I MUST HAVE THIS" because it sounds that good? Well.. that was me, when Mrs Palmer's was announced. So when I finally managed to get hold of some.. was I disappointed? Nope!

This is by far my favourite of all the BPTP atmos that I have ever tried.. hands down. And that's saying something, because I've got some beauties. O the surface it's a beautiful warm, sensuous blend of patchouli and leather and vanilla but then you notice the tobacco and oakmoss just flirting in and out of the air and that's what brings it up to a whole new level. It makes the room smell cosy and inviting.

I do find that sometimes it gives me a slight 'burning plastic' smell when I've first sprayed it - it's weird though, because sometimes I get that and sometimes I don't.. I guess it's just the nuances of the vanilla.

The only thing annoying me about Mrs Palmer's is that it reminds me very much of a BPAL perfume and I cannot think what it is! If I manage to work it out, I will come back and edit this review.

Rating: 10 out of 5.

Add me to the list of people pleading the Lab to make this permanent and/or make a perfume oil of this! This was my first atmo and man, I wish I had stocked up. This has all of my favorite WIN notes, and in my favorite rendition--deep, languid, and sweet. It starts off with a slightly chemically black leather but the tobacco, patchouli, and vanilla sweeten and smooth everything out. Longevity could be better, as within an hour or two I only get vague whiffs here and there, but it's amazing while it lasts. I would gladly respray with wild abandon but alas I only bought one bottle. mecry.gif

I will add my voice to the calls for this to become permanent. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Definitely very leather heavy, the sharp leather of a new couch or shoes. It's a very rich and refined leather with the tobacco just adding to the refined feeling. The sharpness is tempered by the bourbon vanilla which follows the leather taming it just a little bit. I've got to admit I'm not picking up the patchouli as a note but it seems like it is blending with the oak moss to give the scent a slightly greenery feel, like those boots just came in from outside after riding a horse through the woods. It is such a heavenly scent that I want everything to smell like it.

I sprayed it on my blanket that I keep in the living room and I will occasionally get whiffs if I move a bit more than 4 hours later.

Mrs. Palmer's Establishment is a little sweeter than I anticipated. It definitely has a cherry pipe tobacco vibe to it, but thankfully the leather, patchouli and vanilla counterbalances it. It works really well with Mahogany Hall - especially when I'm not in the mood for too much sweetness in the room, I spray Mrs. P once and MH twice. Great combination :wub2:

I'm always wary of scent with leather, but I loved my decant of The Storyteller's Parlor, so I decided to try a decant of Mrs. Palmer's Establishment. This is so beautiful that as soon as I received my decant I promptly ordered a bottle from the Post! The scent is smoky-sweet, and the leather is smooth and well-worn, like a big soft cushiony armchair that you just sink into. This is an amazing scent to spray in the car. It lingers for about three days before I need to spritz it again- I usually spray it towards the carpet on the passenger side of the front seat. I spend at least two hours daily in my car for my work commute, and this makes me feel so cozy in the car. :wub2:

Sweet tobacco, what smells like rum, and soft brown leather. This smells like a nicely worn in leather couch.

Decadent, cozy, leather