Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

There can only be one!

ok, I need to be budget wise, especially with yules coming, but I can buy one oil.

But which one!! There are so many!! shoudl I get a limited? a GC that I have always wanted? Try Rogue?

I love inscense, I like the tabocco and leather found in interfector and haunt's winchester, are there more like those two? My all time favorites are snake charmer, schwartzer mond, honey and red muck, STRONG amber!

So, what do I get? What should be my one fall purchase?!

Well, if you're a honey and red musk fan, and want a Weenie, Third Charm is pretty much a shoo-in. fiery red musk, luminous elemi, East Indian patchouli, champaca flower, cedar incense, ho wood, and hemlock accord sweetened with a peculiar sweet honey. On me it's pretty much exactly as advertised (and gorgeous), and the honey is the same rich, syrupy honey as in O, to my nose.

Rogue is a beautiful soft leather scent, but having not smelled the others you mentioned I don't know if there's any comparison.

Well, if you're a honey and red musk fan, and want a Weenie, Third Charm is pretty much a shoo-in. fiery red musk, luminous elemi, East Indian patchouli, champaca flower, cedar incense, ho wood, and hemlock accord sweetened with a peculiar sweet honey. On me it's pretty much exactly as advertised (and gorgeous), and the honey is the same rich, syrupy honey as in O, to my nose.

Rogue is a beautiful soft leather scent, but having not smelled the others you mentioned I don't know if there's any comparison.

I have thrid charm, and agree, it is perfect!!! hoping to find one that I haven't looked into yet. But I may just end up going with rogue unsniffed:/

eh and I preferred witch dance myself.... I did use the search function and kubla khan along with the black rider came up with leather, amber and tobacco notes. Can't do personal reviews on those :ack:

use this link instead of the one on lab site: http://www.bpal.org/search/

the lab site one is dead but I had the search page bookmarked years ago and it still works fine although it sometimes shows as available stuff that is not {carnival &salon for example}

I'm getting Witch Dance. The reviews make it sounds like a Snake Charmer type scent I could actually wear!

Witch dance is like snake charmer? My most dear and beloved scent?! I need to go look it up! But so far I males I g toward black rider:)

What I really want is a bpal version of Winchester!!! That is what I really want!

I do not think they are alike..... I would death match for you but I sent off the last dribbles I had of it from decant circle since ya know I ordered me own bottle. How do you feel about bathsheba? I should kind of know this since I read a ton of your threads but I am not remembering. It is both very feminine and resinous at the same time so should please da man and yourself as well

Here's how I decide:

Get a limited, you can always trade it for a GC bottle you know you'll love here on the forum if it doesn't work out. Or imps of things you want to try. I never try GC in bottle form, always imps because it's easier on the budget and lets me buy bottles of things that won't be around long or I know I love.

So, by that run in your situation, I'd buy Witch Dance, with the intention of trading it for a GC bottle I know I love if it didn't work out and probably squeezing pennies here and there to buy an imp of Rogue to try to come along for the ride.

I have imps of Bathsheba, and my imps are enough, not bottle worthy.

I think I am gonna get witch dance for the fact that it is limited. I need to hunt down imps of black rider, rogue, hunter, and ranger:)

I also may beg my budget to get rogue:) I have to see if it is just like Winchester which is easily becoming the best smell ever! And hardest to find one similar.