Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

The Trackless Erg

THE TRACKLESS ERG
The merciless sun pounds on a sea of endless, wind-battered sand: desolate, lifeless, silent, and without end.

In bottle: It's lovely and delicate and hard to explain. It's got a middle eastern incense feel to it. The individual elements are familiar, but hard to place without context. I'm guessing sandalwood and balsam are mixed in with other desert adjacent incense, and fragrant woods, and spices. I'm calling it balsam dominant. It may contain one of the paler musks, but that could just be my skin.

I got a sample of this with my last order...and I'm really glad I did, because I probably wouldn't have tried it based only on the description! It's a lot prettier than I expected...dry, spicy, and kinda flowery (I am terrible at describing scents) It's a bit what I expected Exotic Bazaar to smell like, but less sweet, and reminds me of Morocco. Definitely one of my favorite atmos! This is a great non-foody spicy scent.

Edited by magcat

To me, this smells a fair amount like Ozymandias, warm, sandy, kind of cologney, and totally awesome. I feel like it's a bit warmer, and spicier, but so good. My room smells like delicious warmth right now, which, since it's winter-time even in California, is much loved. <3

eta: So I don't know what I was on when I wrote that, but it's not spicier.. it's more balsamic. I still love it, but those are two very different things. :laughs:

Edited by razzlecupcake

Warm, spicy floral. Hints of sandalwood, balsam, and a floral I have tested recently in Lupercalia.

Like a more desert version of Morocco.

This is definitely a dry and dusty scent with a powdery feel to it. I'm detecting sandalwood, possibly amber and some other dry woods? Zankou_zens description of "a more desert version of Morocco" is spot on. I bet this would smell amazing with the Morocco candle burning in the background.

Resin and wood fans, you'll adore this one. :heart:

This is a love for sure. To echo a poster above me, this is a dryer more woody Morocco. Perfection. I need more of this. However lasting time on linen is about the same as Morocco, which is fleeting.

I got a frimp of this in my most recent order. I love it, my favorite of the atmo's so far. I definitely agree with the Morocco comparison, though I can smell more creamy sandalwood in this.

Getting a bottle with my next order. :wub3:

this smells like fougere-y and sandalwood to me, but really i am having trouble picking out what it is. it's softly woody and is evocative of the description, more dry than lush. looking at the other reviews that mention balsam, i think that's what it is. this is definitely very desert-y. very nice and i am glad i got a sample to try.

Origin: Free goblin squirt in a BPTP order

Initial Thoughts: Sun and desert sand? Dry and lifeless? Doesn't sound like me.

In the Bottle: Okay, sunny I agree with. Maybe even sandy. But this is hardly dry and lifeless. There are layers of spice and sweet that make it quite pleasant.

In the Air: Once sprayed, there's a strong impression of lightly sweetened sandalwood. I completely agree with the Morocco comparisons - the description suggests dryness and harshness but from out of nowhere there's soft creamy-sweetness in the blend.

Verdict: I rather like it. I don't tend to use atmos enough to require bottles, but I'm very happy to have the sample.

resinous and spicy in a dry sort of way. Mmmm Reminds me of sandalwood. It's got a vary warm and bright feeling to it. The energy is comforting like the sun shining on my shoulders. This would be especially excellent for fall or winter. It's going to be really hard to choose between this one and Unspeakably Evil Temple to use in my art studio. I want to say this one is more spicy, some spice that is reminding me of cinnamon, but is probably not cinnamon. I will continue to ponder the differences between the two and update if and when I figure it out.

I'm not getting any similarities to Morocco. This smells sweet and very cologney to me...copal, maybe? Not getting anything floral or spicy, its more resinous to me. I like it! But it does smell quite masculine to me. Interesting!

Dry, powdery floral incense. I wouldn't use it as a room spray, but I'll use it to scent my sheets, unless it makes my husband sneeze!

This is a resinous beauty, Middle Eastern desert in feel. I got sandalwood, balsam, amber, and frankincense (about in that order), and blended spices.

I don't smell this more than a few seconds in the air, but it works great on a pillow. Last night I put on Australian Copperhead -- which is getting fanfucktastic after a handful of months aging -- and lay smelling that and Trackless Erg on a pillow. Love the Erg, and those scents together.