Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Invidiana

Vial of Holy Water

The gleaming, indescribably clean scent of purified, ritually consecrated holy water.

In the vial, this is very light and water-ish. A little cucumbery as some have noted. On my skin it smells like straight up mens cologne, but one that i LIKE! I am so picky when it comes to the cologne my man wears... ironically, as much as I love down and dirty patch on me, I only want clean and fresh smelling things on him so I am hoping that this will work on the boyfriends skin cuz if it does...I won't be able to keep my hands off him :wub3:

In the imp: Green and light and sweet floral. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's a light, green-golden cologne, sweetened with a touch of floral I can't name. As it dries and develops, it starts to remind me of when the Lab makes a metal note -- like clean steel. It's not quite there, but it's reminiscent. I could tell you this maybe smells like a clean kitchen sink. 

It's a very refreshing scent, one I'd describe as unisex, though it's probably not a "me" scent for daily wear. 

Rosewater and . . . a hint of jasmine? This is fairly light and inoffensive, but sweeter than expected. I don't think it's my thing, but I'm glad I got to try it. Might be good to layer with something like Paladin.

I get kind of a rosy vibe, too. I agree there is a sweetness to it, hard to pin down, but it does have a sparkly (not champagne-like, more like clear water) floral thing going on. Another winner frimp from the Lab! I get that traditional cologne vibe too, maybe kind of more like Florida Water than a traditional masculine aquatic.

*You know what, this is like Liz without the leather! Dark cold floral. Try layering with Bard!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Wet: Vial of Holy Water might be too clean (watery?) for me. I was really hoping the Palo Santo would come through more, as I'm a fan of it as a standalone. Unfortunately, something in this reminds me of working in the embalming room. The cedar makes it dry and the lemon gives it a hint of soapiness that makes me sad as well. I can see why someone would like this, though. As for me, I'm learning I like things a little muskier or resinous.

As it dries, the Palo Santo comes through more (yay!) and the halo begins to shine. It's still too sharp / ozonic of a scent for me, and might be irritating my nose ever so slightly, but I think I might like it if my partner wears it?

In the imp: A very light, watery, almost cologne-like scent. Makes me think of white light, and pale greens and blues.

Wet: Not cologne-like, but still watery. I almost want to say something green and/or floral? It reminds me of light reflecting off of water.

Dry: OK, now it's less watery/green and more cologne-like. There are still some florals hanging around, but it's now more clean-smelling and "perfumey." Still lovely as a light, clean, refreshing scent, though!

This is a favorite of mine and one that evokes happy memories. The scent itself is cold, powdery, and very clean. If I had to guess at some of the notes I would say a touch of lavender, lemon, and possibly cucumber as others have said. There's something kind of "fuzzy" about it as well, which is what I think most people mean by  "powdery" and on me that is the dominant scent.

To put it mundanely, it evokes a dryer sheet, but I need to emphasize that I mean this as a very good thing. (^^)" I have fond memories of this sort of clean scent wafting through the chill evening air and those moments always felt very tranquil, much as this scent does. Ignoring the dryer sheet comparison, I can see how it's Holy Water as well. The cold, aquatic side very much matches the description. A winner all around in my book!

I'm not sure I've ever tried Vial of Holy Water before -- I just filed it with my RPG scents.  It's surprisingly nice on me, just flirting with dryer sheet territory.  It reminds me of the water dispensers in fancy places with cucumber slices and citrus slices floating among the ice cubes.  Soft, white and cool and lasting surprisingly well.  

2022 lab freebie.

In the imp: It's so weird to say it, but... water. I'm so angry. 🤣

Wet: (I managed to spill this all over my hands) If I have to describe it as anything other than "water": a very pale musk, traces of moss, the gleaming silver of a polished flask.

Dry: Honestly? It's water. Amazing. Showstopping. Great for layering. I want a whole bottle. Very mild throw, and possibly short-lived, but it's so neutral that it's hard to tell whether it's faded or not.

Stars: ★★★½

This smells so clean and cool and calming and comforting. It's amazing! It does indeed smell like water, it smells like the inside of a sensory deprivation tank, of floating weightlessly in a silent void, of feeling like you're returning to the womb, warm water to sink into, to buoy you up. It's honestly hard to describe, but if you asked for my best expectations of what a "water" scent would smell like, this would far surpass it.

Smells kinda like a swimming pool in a tropical location. Very realistically aquaticy and has something sweet in the background question mark?