Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sweet lemony floral?

again with a not lemon recommendation since I really dislike lemon aka pledge on me.

what about a DB based scent? It can have a strong cherry vibe which is feminine and girlie but it also has something dark about it as well depending upon how you read it.

I'm not sure how easy it is to find, but I'm currently testing a half decant of Kitty that a wonderful forumite gave me and it is very sweet and girly to me.

French vanilla, hot house orchids, strawberries, white sandalwood, bergamot, and honey.

It's not super floral and while it reminds me of candy, it's not a fake strawberry scent. It's very nice!

My husband hates all my incense resin blends. He likes girl scents, bright light citrus.

I think I could like sweet lemon florals. Or plum florals.

I like the surgar vanilla honey scents, the amber resins, is there oils you can point me to that are bright sweet citrus?

Liz! It's a sweet, girly, floral perfume with vanilla and a lemony note. It's not primariy citrus, but there is some definite lemon happening.

For plum floral, definitely try Kitsune Tsuki. It's a lighter, tarter plum than most other plum blends, and the florals just brighten the blend up, keep it light and from being a syrupy fruit scent.

I for one love lemon, and I wholeheartedly second skyelyric's rec for Delirium. It's very pretty and playful.

Most of my favourite classically girly blends (all of them florals) have sadly been discontinued, but some of them are still relatively easy to find: Eos and Nuit come to mind. Peitho might be worth a try if you can do jasmine, although it tends to be a little heavier than the other scents mentioned.

For some reason, when I hear girly I automatically think Alice, even though I haven't tried it in years. Maybe that's another possibility?

see if you like The Phantom Wooer. That's a little more "white stone" to me than lemony and it doesn't actually have lemon, I think. It still smells a little citrusy to me.

ok, after trying some plum blends that he sais smell like candles, and lemon blends that he sais smell like bathrooms:/ He said he likes black Dahlia. but can't tell me why. So, I am trying to figure out what he likes based on yeah nay responses. It is kinda like a scavengar hunt in my imp swap box!

I really like some of the lemon scents, verandi, I like othello, which is the next one on my list to try him on.

It is kinds fun, playing with scents I NEVER wear! and seeing that I actually doo kinda like smelling girly!

I feel like I could have started this thread! :lol: My hubby also dislikes my favorites, he gave me one hell of a stink eye over Third Charm the other day. But he knows better than to say anything! ;) So put me down in the Delirium fanclub. It's is very girly. Roses, apples and lemon. Simple, feminine, and lovely. Others have also mentioned Titania which is very nice too. I would suggest Desire as a meet-in-the middle scent between you and your SO. Bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla. It is surprising light and pretty on me with a lovely sweet, citrusy, floral thing going on, but a little incense too!

Edited as I just realized I suggest Desire in your other thread....but yeah it's yummy!

Edited by AlectoFurious

I can think of two that I liked, but unfortunately they're both old LE's and quite rare: June Gloom, which was a seasonal LE several years ago, and Chiroptera, which was one of the Oblation collection. I recall reading that Bat Woman from The Salon was very similar to Chiroptera--also discontinued, but more recently, so you might have a hope of finding it. All of them are worth looking for, you never know!

These were the scents that jumped out at me the minute I saw this thread title.

Shanghai is a lovely fresh tea floral. And Phantasm is a strong jasmine scent with a very strong lemon base as well, so it might be worth a try.

Katharina is another fruity floral with tea notes. The Illyria ladies are all lovely light florals.

Not entirely sure if these are what you are looking for, but these are some of my favourites:

Door - Golden honey, nicotiana, blue chamomile, and cistus.

Kind of bittersweet herbal/floral honey, but in a really good way. Similar to Deadly Nightshade Honey, but better.

Boo - Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Can be hit or miss, since a lot of people have trouble with the cream note, but the 2012 version in particular is supposed to be lemon-y, and I can say this is one of my boyfriends favourites. ;)

Snow White - A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

Another one that can be hit or miss, but if it does work for you it's very nice. Sweet and feminine for sure.

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

Sweet and creamy, but complex at the same time, one of my all time favourites.

Xiuhtecuhtli - Copal, plumeria and sweet orange and the smoke of South American incense and crushed jungle blooms.

Very nice tropical scent, light and bittersweet.

Morocco - Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Not a personal favourite because I don't feel it suits me, but it might be a nice middle-ground for you because it does have some warmer notes you may like, while still being feminine and creamy.

Also I'd agree that Dorian can be soft and sweet, but may be more neutral than 'girly', I do love it though.

And I would second Zephyr as well. <3

Er, so I hope my very biased recommendations might have something you like. :lol:

Has no one mentioned Embalming Fluid?? A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

it's also a GC, Yay!!

I love Whitechapel. It's lemony and creamy on me. Not floral but I do find it feminine - way more so than the description might suggest (it's in Wanderlust) - A gentlemen's blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron. - ignore the gentleman's bit!

I have been trying tons of florals lately! So! He likes sea of glass:/ to him it smells like tea. So now I am going back through all of these too look for a sweet lemon tea scent:) maybe someday I will find a scent that drives him crazy!

The phantom wooer smells lemony and vanilla on me, it's a very gentle clean floral

A lifeless love song: stargazer lily, bone dust, tomb mosses, buttonweed, moonflower, and honey myrtle.

Clasic Girly ones. Hmmmm...

How about this months' single note - rum soaked tonka? it should be all rum, almonds and a perfumed kind of vanilla. Not sure how terrifically sweet it would be, but I know tonka beans as an ingredient for cooking, and they smell absolutely fabulous. It's very much of a "woman" scent.

The "Goldenrod crab spider" on the limited editions section seems like a fair choice too, with mint, coconut, champaca blossom and lime rind. Heck, I'd love to try it myself!

I really recommend "Delight" as a sweet floral. it's HEADY stuff, though. Makes your head kind of spin. powerful, heavy, loads of sillage.

for sweet, floral and lemony, the first choice would be something with a dominant magnolia note. It's a white floral which is quite lemony, at least on my skin (my chemistry doesn't like it, I hope yours does). Watch for magnolia-heavy blends.

If you like coconut and can tolerate anise (I didn't get a lot of it, but I know black licorice is a subject on which people tend to have Strong Opinions), Rigorous Love from this year's Shungas has a nice lemon blossom note.

My vote is for Dorian, Lolita (reminds me of Lemon Heads candy - yummy) and Bon Vivant.

I know Bon Vivant is not lemony, but it is bright and bubbly which I think makes a nice spring/summer scent.

Phobos (Diabolus GC)

It was a bright citrus with a sweet touch. Kind of reminded me of Lemonheads (candy). My sister actually stole my imp, and I need it replaced. It has grapefruit in it which I think prevents it from going pledge. It's really "citrus" and not one fruit or the other. The other notes make it feel "cold", which according to the description is mortal fear. But in practice becomes an amazingly refreshing summer scent.

You also mentioned liking sugared florals - so while this is a discontinued LE, I would recommend Faith (sugared violet). It's not citrus, but it's pretty, sweet, and uplifting.

Edited by Aveya

Have you tried Mag Mell? On me it is a lovely lemony ginger amber. It sort of reminds me of lemon Pez at first :D I need to get a bottle, as it will be perfect for the warmer months.

I think you should give Rigorous Love a go. That is so lemony on me it's insaaane. @_@ I think it could be amazing layered with a deep rose like in Whip.