Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sweet lemony floral?

My husband hates all my incense resin blends. He likes girl scents, bright light citrus.

I think I could like sweet lemon florals. Or plum florals.

I like the surgar vanilla honey scents, the amber resins, is there oils you can point me to that are bright sweet citrus?

Sphaeromachia Gaumeri from the Metamorphosis collection this past August. HIghly recommend! It's bright and sweet, but on me it's grounded with a lovely warmth. I've also heard praise for Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat from the Neil Gaimans, but have never tried it.

Sphaeromachia Notes:

Iris, iced lemon peel, anise seed, red current, coriander, cilantro, and white musk.

ETA, I should also mention Pandy from the new Pandora collection. Not lemon, but very fruity and floral. Also grounded with a lovely warmth. On drydown, it reminds me a little of Lancome's Tresor, if you are familiar with that one. I have an imp but definitely want a bottle. The notes are:

Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper

Edited by zeldaZ4

Thanks:) I have read through the citrus pages like crazy, but they are mostly orange. Off to look up your recs!

I second Pandy, also check out Venice. And as far as LE scents, Rosy Maple is nice.

Absinthe is not floral exactly but it's a sweet citrus. Good luck :)

Oh, and for plum- I think that kitsune-tsuki is superb or if you can find weeping branches moon :) Also- Prunella is a bit strong but it's very girly.

Edited by JasminDreams2010

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat makes you smell like Lemony Poppyseed Bread...not really floral, but a yummy lemony sugar scent. And if you can find it, Cherokee Rose SN smells like roses and lemon to me...not too overpowering just gentle and sweet. :)

Edited by sea_stars

Two-barred Flasher from this summer's Metamorphsis is a blueberry-orris floral, creamy and lovely.

Try Manhattan too. Orchid, lemon, leather, mint.

Delirium came immediately to mind for me. I think it's lemon, rose and apple. Baobhan Sith is another one--think it's grapefruit, not lemon, but it's a fruity, light floral scent to me. (I'm also a huge fan of Embalming Fluid--not floral, but citrusy and very clean)

eta: compromise! How about Aelopile from the Steamworks? Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud.

Edited by skyelyric

Bewitched comes to mind. It has a fresh, herbal, citrusy scent on me. Its in the GC so why not get an imp just to see? ^_^

Kypris isn't really floral, but it's a beautiful, sweet lemon "girly" scent. I sold my bottle because I never wore it, and now I miss it.

Peru balsam, vanilla bean, Rainier cherry, bitter almond, golden honey, rose water, lemon peel, sugar cane, and benzoin.

You could try Zephyr: A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

It's in Bewitching Brews.

You mentioned plum florals, Kaidan is one that I really love: Rosehip, plum blossom, white sandalwood, jonquil, and amber-laden incense.

The amber incense is not heavy at all, and the rosehip adds a tangy, citrus-like edge. It's worth a shot!

I really like Dorian, Cheshire Moon & Hunger Moon (all varying degrees of sweet citrus including lemongrass & lemon verbena).

They're pretty well the only scents I wore this summer, other than an occasional application of Black Lace or Tattered Lace (which also might be worth checking out, along with Red Lace since they all have a sugary vanilla musk base to them).

For plum, maybe Prunella, Sugar Plum Fairy or Midwinters Eve? They're all pretty heavy on the fruit, though, if I remember correctly.

this isn't what you are asking for but why not do something transitional..... when the carnival comes back maybe try some of the snake pit? I like coral snake which is, on me, apple and snake oil and the apple totally lightens and brightens the snake oil up. I know you are craving hod res and I only have the original but I guess that means you like carnation... alice? I actually love alice for some reason and it is roses with the spicy carnation kick. It was one of the first non heavy resinous scents I fell for. I mean slathered fell for hard.

I like oranges mandarins and tangerines not lemons or grapefruits so cannot help you there. However last winter we had a lot of beeswaxy amber and citrus blends....maybe something like that is in the works again this year.

Good Luck

PS my husband loves roses which I never wore before but he also really enjoys my spicy resinous floral stuffs as well. Hugs to you

I can't do lemon at all, but one I remember being particularly lemon-y with a floral-ish background is Lolita: Bright, sweet and youthful, but swelling with a poisonous sexuality. Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

Try Aizen-Myoo in Excolo! "Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea." Yuzu smells like a bitter-sweetish lemon-y grapefruit? It's a lovely citrus/floral and I don't think it gets enough love! wub2.gif

If you can find it, try the Shunga blend "TEA" - Darjeeling tea, lemon verbena, star anise, and honeycomb.

it's a sweet lemon tea scent, which you can probably layer with a light floral scent.

yeah! So many to look up! It is so weird, cause all my imps are dark, heavy, resin and incense, and hubby has been asking me to get some traditional light, bright girly scents:/ So, trying to find one we both like feels really hard, since I don't like girly and he doesn't like incense! lololol!

I have an imp of carnival diabolique, I love it, he thinks it is a bit too sweet.

I would love to try sephyr, need to find an imp of it. I need to look up reviews on the others:) Thanks for helping me narrow my search down!

Yes, I second Lolita. Also you might try Sugar Skull, it's a Weenie this year. I got a gorgeous light lemony sweetness from this one, very wearable.

Another nice lemony one was Strings in Earth and Air, that was an LE from this year.

I can think of two that I liked, but unfortunately they're both old LE's and quite rare: June Gloom, which was a seasonal LE several years ago, and Chiroptera, which was one of the Oblation collection. I recall reading that Bat Woman from The Salon was very similar to Chiroptera--also discontinued, but more recently, so you might have a hope of finding it. All of them are worth looking for, you never know!

Can you point me to some that are classically girly florals?

Or even just classic girly? This is so not my scent zone but I would like to find a scent that makes him crazy and he likes perfume girl bright scents:/

My taste in scents is pretty similar to yours - dark, incense blends, but two girly ones I enjoy are Titania and Jailbait.

Titania: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon. This is a really juicy, sweet scent.

Jailbait: Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume. All I get from this one is bubblegum, but it's such a fun, sweet scent and definitely girly.