Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Monday

The Inn Atmosphere Spray

I get bananas and hazelnut. My guess is that the banana is probably a sort of mead or beer scent in disguise but I get ...bananas. It's a very foody and warm scent but for me the tropical aspect (see I avoided saying bananas :lol: ) is messing with the image of a beery Inn.

Too foody for me.

I get bananas and hazelnut. My guess is that the banana is probably a sort of mead or beer scent in disguise but I get ...bananas. It's a very foody and warm scent but for me the tropical aspect (see I avoided saying bananas :lol: ) is messing with the image of a beery Inn.

Too foody for me.

Ditto. pure bananas and hazelnut. This might be nice if you like banana bread, but it seems to disappear from the air not long after I spray it. Too bad.

I get chocolate and a barrel of apples. But within the chocolate I smell something else, so it could very well be hazelnut. That would make sense. And a hint of bread or beer - I don't smell any alcohol, but there is a sort of wafting yeast smell that could be either hot loaves or beer. What I do know is I like it very much. It's not something I would wear but it's perfect for an atmo spray, and while it is rather foody, it's not the kind of foody where I go, "I want this in my mouth." Instead it's more like the foodiness of, well, walking into a food and hospitality establishment to set down my weapons, pay a few coins for a bed and have a warm beverage and a fresh piece of fruit or two.

Mmm, I tested this on a piece of paper and then on my wrist - on the paper, it's very foody and warm, but on my wrist, it picks up a lot of wood notes and something kind of dusty. There's something mead/winey in the background and something nutty in the foreground, but some delicious woods going on. :)

Monday very generously gifted her squirt of The Inn to me, because she's awesome :D

But of course, having read her review beforehand, I was fully expecting it to smell like bananas. And - guess what - it does! But now I'm a bit unsure as to whether it actually does smell like bananas, or it's just my brain telling my nose that it smells like bananas because that's what I told it to do. It's all very confusing :eek:

So let's just say.. there's definitely something fruity in here. And if it is banana, then it's not the fresh, perfectly ripe, stand-up tall kind of banana.. it's the mushy, few days too old, kinda brown and wrinkled banana. The fruit element definitely has a mead-like quality to it. Mushy mead, honeyish but verging on a beer-like smell. And there's something woody and smokey in here too.

I think it smells like warm dark banana bread, honeyed mead, and old wood - with a bit of lingering bar-room smoke. Quite nice, but also a bit weird.

In bottle: Banana dominant with some wood, nuts, yeast and barely (or beer) in support. After a while there’s something fabricky either cotton or wool that is good with the nuts and some other sort of fruit. Seriously this is about the bananas, though, which is weird. Is this inn in the tropics?

Edited by Gwydion

Okay, people, my favorite way of testing atmo sprays is by spraying the house lightly, running errands and than seeing what the house smells like when I return...

Well, I have to tell you, when I walked in my house I thought someone had been smoking reefer..and I havent been for a long time! After that is was a meady, fruity scent, maybe some kind of baked thing, like bread...but the outstanding scent was fresh reeefer. It was awesome!

nutty? porridge-y? Not an overwhelming scent, complex but mostly nuts. Sorry i couldn't pick much out, but i did not get beer but here might be some some very light pale wood in there.

This is kind of what I would expect a hobbit's kitchen to smell like. I get beer, porridge, yeasty bread, a little smoke, and polished wood, pretty much in that order. No banana, thank god, because while I love them to eat, I loathe the smell anywhere except on the food going into my mouth.

My husband loved this. Normally he hates any sort of room spray, but he said he would never mind coming home to the house smelling like this. I have to agree. Very cheery, homey, and welcoming.

This is quite appley at first, then a bit of spicy woods or patch, can't make up my mind. Whatever it is, it smells a lot like Samhain to me, only with less apple. It's quite nice, but fades fast.

For me, this smells warm, with faint soft wood and sweets. Much like sitting in a wooden inn that serves sweet tea, liquor and warm sweet foods.

I also smelled a perfumey, powdery note. As if a woman of easy virtue was relaxing upstairs...

Banana bread, yeasty foamy beer, soft worn oak tabletops, some faint traces of leather and metal. Very atmospheric (no pun intended).

I was very lucky to get a goblin squirt of The Inn in my last BPTP order. I tested it on a paper towel.

I get mostly purple/red fruit and breadyness with some leather and wood in the background. It's like the scent of currant bread and cake with juicy purple fruit drifting out from the kitchen. You can smell the worn leather of the clothes and armor of the adventurers in the dining room and the rough-hewn wood that the building is made from. This is a really complex scent that tells a whole story in a single whiff.

I get sweet, warm, spicy baking. It's a warm scent, and gives the impression of cosiness and a warm, fireplace glow. It might be fun to tease housemates with this. Spray it around the kitchen and watch them go hunting for the baked goods :twisted:

ps I can see why some could get cooked bananas from this as it has that sort of over-ripe, honeyed, caramelised feel but thankfully I get more spiced bread than tropical fruit.

I get a vetiver note from this and something boozy, with hints of baked goods and wood. I sprayed it lightly in my bathroom because that's the smallest room in my place, and it smelled like that space had absolutely hosted travelers and they had gotten into quite a bit of fun. ;)

This smells more like a nutty porridge blend to me, with a hint of booze. I can see the banana piece, in that it may be banana bread involved. Definitely nutty.

It smells like warm, spicy baking. And let's face it, whose house doesn't want to smell like yummy baked goods?

A squirt was included with my other goblin squirts, and it's wonderfully foody! The banana bread scent has my husband in love with it, and he requested more sprays of it, everywhere! I get something a bit like baking regular bread, too. Or is that beer? And a hint of something that reminds me of the teak note in a couple of the seafaring scents... But it just doesn't last long enough. Must spray more!

I got a squirt with a recent order, and I want more!!! I noticed the food and wood, but I also got the scent of a fireplace. Really gorgeous!

Banana bread smothered in nuts and brown sugar. The inn is definitely owned by Dwarves…I can smell their flagons of ale in the background. This is such a comforting scent, I really hope it makes it to the GC of Atmosphere Sprays. :cheers: Beer, breakfast, bananas, yeast and baked goods. What's not to love?

(Side note: There is an Etsy store I'm obsessed with called Purple Cat Creatives. She makes a body butter called Bohemian Lager that smells a lot like this!)

Edited by Monster

all i could smell was toasty nuttiness. i just couldn't smell anything else, but i am not a foody lover, so this isn't really my cup of tea.

I smell beer and sweet bread and the most wonderful banana ever. Mmmmmmmmmmmm I love this so much. Also when used as a linen spray it last for days. No kidding. I keep huffing this...if the labs banana note is like this I need to be more open minded about banana. This is so good.

Echoing the rest, banana bread, the very best banana bread to be exact, with delicious lil nuts baked in. I didn't have a ton of uses for it sadly. Average staying power.

Rich, yeasty Banana bread made with lots of nuts and a side of ale to wash it down, all served on a wooden table. Definitely aptly named.